Clubs start to reduce season ticket prices

Guest T Hardy

Assuming we do get relegated, it would be great to see Chansiri adopt something similar. If he made season tickets £150-£250 for next season, I reckon twice as many people would buy them.

This would mean a change in approach from Chansiri though and a move away from stubbornness, so I won’t be holding my breath.

20 minutes ago, FinnishOwl said:

As you know, we do things in a different way so we know what happens next. Joking aside, it's going to be very interesting to see how the pricing goes and if they remain the same, what are the actual sales.

Think most of us can make an educated guess

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, poite said:

Yeah but MK Dons don't have top elite  players to get them into the Premier League like we do 

:Chansiri:

They might have voted to lower prices and cut wages, focusing on promoting youth... Unlike us who opted for big bucks, to cover large wages for prem players.... If only MK Dons had voted same as us they too could have been reaping the rewards... 

• Haha 6

16 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

Assuming we do get relegated, it would be great to see Chansiri adopt something similar. If he made season tickets £150-£250 for next season, I reckon twice as many people would buy them.

This would mean a change in approach from Chansiri though and a move away from stubbornness, so I won’t be holding my breath.

We wouldn't

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

But with the sweetener that we get free entry to the games offered up by the additional competition we'll be involved in, namely the Papa Smurf Trophy. 

Never thought of it like this ...

I know where you are coming from Pabbers ......

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Chewy24 said:

I don't know what the financial standing of all our fans are but I have a pretty good idea of the Sheffield demographic. When furlough ends and employers need to pay back CBIL loans and deferred tax etc to the government I think there will be a lot of companies struggling and this will filter down to job insecurity and redundancies.

The club can not expect fans to carry on paying the prices as they are now. It will be too much of a financial burden/risk for many, especially if we end up in league 1!

I know the price of tickets has been done to death in various threads already but basic economics and human nature mean that the club need to look at this sensibly, however the clubs track record for being sensible lately is questionable! 

It’s very easy to only consider your own position financially, but I think you are right, it’s inevitable that many companies will feel the pressure when they start having to pay back grants etc. and some will be in serious trouble and some will need to reduce staff levels.

I’ve been lucky that we didn’t borrow any money through any of the schemes, we are only a small company  but it’s certainly slowed our growth and we would have had an additional member of staff or two by now.

The club seriously needs to realise some fans may not be able or willing to pay the high prices, reduce costs and get the fans back into the habit of going to Hillsborough, long term that’s the best way to grow the fanbase.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chewy24 said:

I don't know what the financial standing of all our fans are but I have a pretty good idea of the Sheffield demographic. When furlough ends and employers need to pay back CBIL loans and deferred tax etc to the government I think there will be a lot of companies struggling and this will filter down to job insecurity and redundancies.

The club can not expect fans to carry on paying the prices as they are now. It will be too much of a financial burden/risk for many, especially if we end up in league 1!

I know the price of tickets has been done to death in various threads already but basic economics and human nature mean that the club need to look at this sensibly, however the clubs track record for being sensible lately is questionable! 

While thats true its only one side of the coin though.

It annoys me when Wednesday fans are economically stereotyped as ALL working in factories on minimum wage. 

Loads of people haven't spent anything and there are lots of sectors that are going mad. 

Spoke to a window sales guy said it was his busiest time in 30 years. Speak to anyone in Construction, its mad busy and wages are on the up.

Prices for almost everything are actually going up.

Lots of people such as Pensioners aren't gonna be affected at all.

Lots of people will be massively affected by the job losses but I doubt that its a big proportion of the fans who currently attend the games. 

As a solution to the disparity

I liked the idea of the Wednesday trust to split the ground into lower and higher bands. Say starting at 150 for edge of kop and 700 for middle of cCant.

I would pay for away points too.....

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Nero said:

While thats true its only one side of the coin though.

It annoys me when Wednesday fans are economically stereotyped as ALL working in factories on minimum wage. 

Loads of people haven't spent anything and there are lots of sectors that are going mad. 

Spoke to a window sales guy said it was his busiest time in 30 years. Speak to anyone in Construction, its mad busy and wages are on the up.

Prices for almost everything are actually going up.

Lots of people such as Pensioners aren't gonna be affected at all.

Lots of people will be massively affected by the job losses but I doubt that its a big proportion of the fans who currently attend the games. 

As a solution to the disparity

I liked the idea of the Wednesday trust to split the ground into lower and higher bands. Say starting at 150 for edge of kop and 700 for middle of cCant.

I would pay for away points too.....

You can already pay for away points , you do it by buying away tickets. Or do you want extra points because you’re okay for money ?.

• Like 8