Clown Car

Guest Grandad

1 hour ago, ChrisHolt said:

Hi,

Just popping in from my 'mansion in Millhouses' to say that this is a very fair assessment.

We do have our limitations by my own admission; a recent restructure means we have slightly less in terms of personnel available to us but I like to think the level of coverage hasn't dipped, certainly not noticeably. It's difficult to take the stance that we have done this week because maintaining a good working relationship with the club is quite obviously hugely important. It can also be difficult to gauge the mood of fans - social media and forums like this will of course offer an insight but it's hard, and indeed wrong, to totally rely on that. 

I am, however, encouraged by the response, even the 'what took you so long' ones because I can remember when I was covering Wednesday full time I took a fair amount of hammering when I wrote anything negative, from a sizable number of fans and from the club. That was on ticket prices, late kits, the price of said kits etc etc. When that many fans tell you we're making a big deal out of something or get defensive about it and there's an acceptance that that's just the way it is, then it doesn't really become news anymore.

It's probably fair that we could have done more but that's not to say we won't. I should also point out to those who continually say we aren't asking the right questions of the chairman when given the chance - we do ask the questions, getting the answer we want is more difficult because I can't tell you how hard it is to do that when you're given a specific timeframe on zoom and the subject flat-out doesn't want to tell you what you want to hear. Browbeating the chairman, or anyone else for that matter, on a video call for 10 minutes just isn't going to work and I wouldn't want our reporters to be anything other than respectful, regardless of what's going on.
We will continue to provide honest, insightful reporting. We will continue to attempt to offer more in-depth stuff as the time and resources allow. We will continue to ask to speak with the chairman directly and on the record. We will keep trying to find out what the strategy is for the future and what plans are in place to ensure that the catalogue of eff-ups at the very least becomes merely a pamphlet. And we will do all of this while providing the day-to-day coverage which has, more often than not, recently contained two matches a week and with the odd random announcement thrown into the mix.

If anyone ever wants to get in touch with me about our coverage, what you want more (or less) of, or if there's something you think we should be focusing on, please email me.

I'm off now to sit in my massive garden, in my massive house and get my butler to bring me some lunch.

Well done to you Chris, keep up the good work. Your article is excellent. I keep saying it on here that somebody should write a book on "The Chansiri Years" that could become a bible on how not to run a football club.  I would imagine that there are things that have gone on at S6 since 2015 would make a brilliant (if somewhat disheartening for Wednesday fans) film, a bit like Moneyball in reverse.

If you need a Brad Pitt type for the lead role, then Im your man.

• Like 1

Just says what most fans have been saying for a while.

Not sure there many left who buy the star or subscribe to the web page. It use to be the only real news source on the club. 

We ceased to be a national media storey two decades ago.

21 hours ago, SiJ said:

I've not got much time for Fletcher tbh. 

A decent player, but we all know what he was up to when he got "injured" after the last season restarted. 

Once again though, we put ourselves in that position by allowing a player to get into the last 6 months of his contract. 

Last night we will have had several in the same position who are likely to leave in the summer. 

Hardly a surprise we are on the brink of relegation with a team who look like they couldn't give a throw. 

Fully agree it was a balls up from the club.

It was also stupid to offer him a 4 year deal on 40K a week.

One of the earlier, but hugely costly, mistakes with contracts.

• Like 1

Guest Hornsby
21 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

No they wouldn't

It's not 'crap' at all - it's a decent honest forthright shining a light on the devastation

Attacking local sports writers for doing their job is beyond pathetic

But took em 5 years to do their job, keeping transfer ban quiet for example.

As Pearson says, local press now worthless as clubs have them so tightly controlled.

Still, at least ours get free chocy biscuits from Trevor.

35 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

But took em 5 years to do their job, keeping transfer ban quiet for example.

As Pearson says, local press now worthless as clubs have them so tightly controlled.

Still, at least ours get free chocy biscuits from Trevor.

The club controls the local writers?

How do you explain the two articles from Joe and Alex this week then?

You’re chatting sheeeeeeeite mate 

Owlstalk Shop

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Well if you wanted to make it look like the club didn't control the local writers, you could do a lot worse than publish two articles like we've seen this week, couldn't you?

You're being played, look at the big picture behind the big picture, follow the money etc...

It's dead easy this conspiracy theorist lark, isn't it?

:duntmatter:

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Well if you wanted to make it look like the club didn't control the local writers, you could do a lot worse than publish two articles like we've seen this week, couldn't you?

You're being played, look at the big picture behind the big picture, follow the money etc...

It's dead easy this conspiracy theorist lark, isn't it?

:duntmatter:

Chansiri is still the secret president of the USA along with the US Armed Forces

The Pope is a hologram

Chansiri controls the local sports writers

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Hornsby
50 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What Pearson said and why would your mates be different?

Even Goebbels turned against regime at War end.

Tuesday, and the Fox who fronted Footy Heaven and pronounces Greenhill like the colour disses an Owl who dont want trialist  Danny, an Epl champion he proudly tells us.

Day later Daz ditches him. 

Guest Hornsby
2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

2095778087_GodwinsLaw2.jpg.84f9f8b92d9faca2fbb020d023409d35.jpg

Goebbels said he wasnt a Nazi.

Just following orders from a dictator so he could keep his money and Merc.

20 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

What Pearson said and why would your mates be different?

Even Goebbels turned against regime at War end.

Tuesday, and the Fox who fronted Footy Heaven and pronounces Greenhill like the colour disses an Owl who dont want trialist  Danny, an Epl champion he proudly tells us.

Day later Daz ditches him. 

WTF are you on about??

lol

Youre sounding unhinged 

Owlstalk Shop