Clown Car

Guest Grandad

12 minutes ago, Lee Strafford said:

Dunno about local journos being on £50k per year, but they would be on £50k per week if they advised Dejphon to 'massively' overpay for a load of players and then split the upside with the folks on the other side of the deal.

Hey @owlstalk do you remember me telling you about how angry I was about the club, under Karen's instruction, paying the clubs PR agency to have people posting on social media setting Wednesdayite's to fight with each other in order to deflect from the poo-show that was playing out at the club.....there was no wisdom and courage in any of that......

Wisdom and courage went missing a long time ago at club.

As someone who didn't have a fraction of the money wasted the last 5 years, how do you compute what's gone on ?

On 20/03/2021 at 20:10, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Well if you wanted to make it look like the club didn't control the local writers, you could do a lot worse than publish two articles like we've seen this week, couldn't you?

You're being played, look at the big picture behind the big picture, follow the money etc...

It's dead easy this conspiracy theorist lark, isn't it?

:duntmatter:

There's only one theory that makes sense.......

puppeteer.png

12 hours ago, Lee Strafford said:

Hey @owlstalk do you remember me telling you about how angry I was about the club, under Karen's instruction, paying the clubs PR agency to have people posting on social media setting Wednesdayite's to fight with each other in order to deflect from the poo-show that was playing out at the club.....there was no wisdom and courage in any of that......

Up until everyone realised what this chairman was like, Chansiri had our fans doing it for him for free, attacking anyone who warned about what he was doing and criticising the chairman.

Some of them are still doing it - they refuse to see the issues that we've had since this chairman came and still believe he should be applauded because he got us to wembley and has put his own money in etc etc etc

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, jonnyowl said:

Always thought Chansiri gets an easy ride from local journalists.

DC has failed, and the vast majority of fans want him gone, but they won't write that piece.

What do you want them to write that hasnt' been included in the last two pieces?

Owlstalk Shop

Guest T Hardy
17 hours ago, Lee Strafford said:

Dunno about local journos being on £50k per year, but they would be on £50k per week if they advised Dejphon to 'massively' overpay for a load of players and then split the upside with the folks on the other side of the deal.

This doesn’t surprise me at all, when you read about how there’s an allegation at the moment that Barca paid an agency to pose as fans and insult their players on social media. 

Wait...so we were paying PR companies to get fans to fight with each other on social media? 

This from the same club who then complained that fan negativity cost us lucrative sponsors? 

What a club.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Wait...so we were paying PR companies to get fans to fight with each other on social media? 

This from the same club who then complained that fan negativity cost us lucrative sponsors? 

What a club.

In the past PR companies were paid to pose as Wednesday fans on forums/social media to back the chairman/CEO at the time and to shout down anyone criticising them

Basically a paid PR company was employed to do it 

We knew at the time that it was happening

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Hornsby
5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

In the past PR companies were paid to pose as Wednesday fans on forums/social media to back the chairman/CEO at the time and to shout down anyone criticising them

So why not tell us?

Guest T Hardy

Slightly off topic, I’m almost certain* Ronaldo does something similar with his PR. When he performs in Europe, there’s a tidal wide of propaganda on social media about how he’s the ‘GOAT’, mostly from fan accounts, it always looks very organised and deliberate to me, and he’s obsessed with the idea that he’s the best. It wouldn’t surprise me if he’s pumping money into agencies to drive this. 

*Opinion of T Hardy not Owlstalk 🙂

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Thats just absolute nonsense.

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

What a club.

For goodness sake,you dont believe it do you?

Guest wilyfox
2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

name and shame them

Guest Hornsby
2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I just told you

Seems a waste of money to me buy maybe i'm underestimating power of social media.

What major has changed materially as a result of fan pressure on forums, etc.