Interest

Guest T Hardy
2 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

Interest tends to wain when things look hopeless.

If we can have a good crack at promotion from league 1 next season, it will re - ignite interest. That could be a big if though.

I know loads of them are out of contract, but I was watching last night and thinking most of those players would struggle in League One

4 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

I know loads of them are out of contract, but I was watching last night and thinking most of those players would struggle in League One

Can't argue with that. We need to clear out and replace half of that squad.

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Because glory fans naturally follow Sheffield Wednesday - or at least they did in the early 1930s. I suspect there aren't many of them left. 

I was referring to wishing i was a glory fan of other team/teams not Sheffield Wednesday ffs.

Guest Andy W
5 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Anybody else completing lost interest in it all?  Compare your interest in Wednesday from even 2 years ago, even under Jos - I was interested and cared and we weren’t great then. 

I get it all comes down to what’s happening on the pitch - but having been going to the games for 22/23 years, I can’t remember a time when watching a game and switching off and not being that arsed about it ever happened until now. 

Absolutely no inclination to get a season ticket or be bothered to drive 45 mins to get to the match right now - the last 12 months outside of football I’ve managed to spend my time and money better elsewhere. 

I agree..still an  interest but will never attend another game...this customer is done. Even when I see the results WL or D I don't get that excitement anymore

Shame but I'm done..will stay on OT though but the buzz for me is gone

The Chansiri Circus has made the club a hopeless case, a laughing stock and a complete farce.  How he can even hold his head up in his own living room is beyond me.  He cannot possibly have any self respect either, if he doesn't realise that he has to either change his ridiculous autocratic management style and appoint a Chief Executive who has experience in running a professional football club, or sell up.  How many of us thought we would end up in this situation when Milan Manderic sold the club?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, T Hardy said:

I agree. It feels like nobody has recovered since Forestieri had that penalty saved and it’s been pretty negative ever since.

It’s something to have 2/3 day hangover, this takes the biscuit! 

Guest hirstysfags

I've not read all the thread, so be patient.....

But, do you think a lot of the apathy is caused by not actually being there? The longer it goes on, the more used you are to not going. I'm not fussed about going now, but have left my daughter's birthday party to go to a match before now!

In some ways I’ve been more interested because I have a lot more time to fill because of COVID taking away pretty much everything else. I like going to football matches and like talking to my Dad about the game. I haven’t seen my Dad for 7 months. But we know we will talk every week because of the games. When matches are back if he goes I go (because he’s basically blind) so I have to help him. For the first time in his adult life he’s talking about not bothering going. If we could watch every game we wanted and not physically go and they keep ifollow going we might just watch but not go every week. 
My business is just coming back to life as well so I’m hoping I won’t be as bored. I can’t wait to see how much season tickets are as I doubt I could afford one anyway. 
I can’t imagine having no interest though. 

5 minutes ago, hirstysfags said:

I've not read all the thread, so be patient.....

But, do you think a lot of the apathy is caused by not actually being there? The longer it goes on, the more used you are to not going. I'm not fussed about going now, but have left my daughter's birthday party to go to a match before now!

My Dad once watched a match on his iPad when we were all out for a massive family meal to celebrate his wife (my step mum’s) 70th. He actually cheered when we scored (it was a while ago) just when someone was about to toast my stepmums birthday. Every one was there at this party and he’s sat with his headphones on swearing at the referee.