Interest

I will have interest next season, providing Moore and backroom staff are given the summer to rebuild.

Feels like a constant hangover since 2017, watching the squad age and increasingly getting worse season by season.

Plus I can't watch Reach run 5 yards forward and then cut back no more, my eyes hurt.

• Like 4

Feel very similar normally I quite look forward to watching the match on I follow on a Saturday with a beer in hand in lockdown with not been able to go the game

ive already decided I’m not even going to bother this Saturday , as losing to Barnsley will compound our misery. Sick of this spineless gutless team

I don't have the same enthusiasm I once did, but I am interested even if it's just a morbid interest.  

I've said before that I don't expect success, but I demand that the club does the basic things right such as having a clear, structured plan to progress and engage with fans. 

It's almost like DC is driving in a foreign city trying to find his way somewhere but he's too stubborn to ask for directions so he keeps getting further and further off track.  

• Like 4

I’ve not lost interest, but I am use to the performances and results and it isn’t upsetting me when results not going our way.

Next season however, clean slate with new squad in League One, I’ll be back on it.

5 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Might do me a favour tbh. Makes me wish i was one of these glory fans who didnt get so emotionally involved.

But then i suppose the good times wouldnt be so good 

Good times? 

Beating Rotherham in 2016?

• Like 1

Its not just Wednesday its football in general.

The game is poo with no crowds - the fans make it what it is.   Sky Sports / Talk Sport etc are still pushing the game as the greatest thing in the world but its a shadow of what it is with crowds.

There will be fans of all clubs losing interest but its compounded by how poor we are at the moment.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Good times? 

Beating Rotherham in 2016?

Was going to edit my post and ironically laugh at the last part of what I'd written. 

Realising the 'good times' involve about a handful of games and 2 League 1 promotions. And a trip to Wembley in which we lost.

Aaaaah, good times.  

• Haha 1

Only watch out of sheer boredom. Once lockdown ends, suspect I won't be bothered. 

I have zero interest in Chansiri FC, moderate interest in whether Moore can put out a young, dynamic, attacking team in L1...but not much to be bothered about this season. 

• Like 1

Yes I feel just the same. Watched for 30 minutes or so and was about to switch off due to the sheer ineptitude of our play. 30 % possession and little effort or desire being shown. Then Rhodes and Windass fashion a pretty good goal. So I watch the rest  hoping for another bit of inspiration that never comes. 

Why did I bother? 

It’s not the 3rd division itself that bothers me, the promotions in 1980, 2005 and the last one are actually real ‘highlights’ of my time supporting Wednesday. It’s the background that really saps the spirit, it was bad under Allen but not this bad. All the Great Leader has to do is reduce pay on the gate to £25 and give Moore a few quid to build a proper team on his terms and myself and plenty others will be back. I’m not hopeful....

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

I get it all comes down to what’s happening on the pitch - 

For me It’s what’s going on off the pitch that’s sapping my interest.  The performances on the pitch are just one indication of how badly we are run. Drifting to oblivion.

This team largely consists of a "commitee built" set of inept, unfit, cowardly losers, that will think nothing of leaving to steal a living somewhere else, next season.

NO manager could get a tune out of them.

Loyal fans of this club are the ones left with the consequences, the hurt & the embarrassment.

A complete rebuild is desperately required, from top to bottom, asap.

The current regime here has set the template of how NOT to run a football club and it will take years to correct, even if things were to change immediately.

Which I suspect they won't.....

Said this a few times. My interest in this club doesnt really widen any further than commenting on this forum. 

I haven't been to a match for ages and don't care. Hardly miss it at all. 

I've really got back into watching ice hockey on BT Sport so I'd rather spend my money going to watch the Steelers when things get back to normal. 

Edited by poite

55 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Hanging on out of pure bloody mindedness but I dread to think how many youngsters we've alienated...... 

We've been alienating youngsters ever since Chansiri took the helm at day 1

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1