Interest

I've got more interest on my chuffing savings account than I have in the team at the moment. 

As @poitesays above, my interest stretches now only as far as coming on here to pass a few comments, and also in the hope of finding a humorous comment or two, even if we have now descended to gallows humour.

• Like 2

Never been less bothered. Distant spectator of football due to addiction / routine. No joy gained at all, not watched Match of the Day for years as felt better decision to cancel the TV license.  My Dad/brother have lost interest in Wednesday, due to Chansiri, and they use to go home/away. Damn shame. Hate not having that connection between us anymore. Thanks DC 🙏 

I gave up a couple of years ago and  got a season ticket for Sheffield FC instead.

£36 at Hillsborough for that sh*te or  £7 a game, beer in the ground, enjoying banter with the players / officials. etc

It will be a long time before I give that up and return. If at all.

2 hours ago, Huncho said:

Horrendous team, and no fans to create an atmosphere. Not really a surprise. Also the fact most games are played at walking pace. It’s all so boring. 

There's a better atmosphere on iFollow than there would be if crowds were back... 

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

Unless there's some significant changes on and off the pitch by August, i'm struggling to see me paying £40 POTD in the South Stand to watch the team.

There's no bond anymore, yet the youth will get some decent away days - it'll be like the mid-70s again - a sort of perverse camaraderie.

2 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Anybody else completing lost interest in it all?  Compare your interest in Wednesday from even 2 years ago, even under Jos - I was interested and cared and we weren’t great then. 

I get it all comes down to what’s happening on the pitch - but having been going to the games for 22/23 years, I can’t remember a time when watching a game and switching off and not being that arsed about it ever happened until now. 

Absolutely no inclination to get a season ticket or be bothered to drive 45 mins to get to the match right now - the last 12 months outside of football I’ve managed to spend my time and money better elsewhere. 

That's your choice, See you when the pendulum changes, and we begin to win.

2 hours ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

Its not just Wednesday its football in general.

I agree, this diluted, no crowd, mask wearing, virtue signalling, cheating, diving, play acting, win-at-all-cost version of football is pathetic Imo.

Only the corporations who run everything now are keeping this garbage going.

The current brainwashing world media campaign of fear and uncertainty is making me lose interest in EVERYTHING, so Wednesday's situation at the moment now means very little to me overall.

Personally, I'd rather have freedom of movement than "football" . 

• Haha 1

I've followed us since the late 70's and my passion never changed through the bad and the good times, until the last few years. Even when we were doing reasonably well, I've never felt so dis-connected from the club, my club.

Apart from a couple of years living abroad, I've been a season ticket holder, even then I'd be listening to matches over the internet at all times of day, and that was league 1 seasons 2003-04 and 2004-05. I came home for the play off semi first leg and queued down at Hillsborough to get tickets for my mates for the second leg, despite not being able to go myself as I had to return to The US.

Now I can't be bothered to turn the radio on. The club has been lost for me and I'm confused as to why I'm so apathetic

Relegation will be blissful, a sweet relief from a league we simply cannot compete in.  

I saw enough in the game vs exeter to show we might be OK in League 1.  The standard is a big drop based on the games I have seen there over past three years (been to see MK dons a fair amount pre pandemic).

I have to admit, I live half an hour train ride from Cambridge United. My visits to Hillsborough have been rare since I moved down south, but tried to do every away match below Birmingham I could get a ticket for. 

This season has been the first time I've ever mulled over the possibility of nosing at a Cambridge game when fans are allowed back in. I think it's a mixture of the overall farce of permance and management. I'm struggling to motivate myself to watch the games on TV. 

I do know full well that once this absolute horror show of a season is over though I'll be back on board fully. 

Apart from coming on here I don't really do much related to Wednesday. Watched the last hour of the Rotherham game I can't remember the last time I watched a Wednesday game on the TV before that. I'd been losing interest in professional football over the past few years. I've decided I'm not giving any money to the club under the current ownership. I've been going to my local club Banbury United in the Southern Premier more and more, bought a season ticket there for this season(obviously didn't work out well this season) I think i'll carry on doing that.

Guest T Hardy
4 hours ago, SwellOwl said:

I will have interest next season, providing Moore and backroom staff are given the summer to rebuild.

Feels like a constant hangover since 2017, watching the squad age and increasingly getting worse season by season.

Plus I can't watch Reach run 5 yards forward and then cut back no more, my eyes hurt.

I agree. It feels like nobody has recovered since Forestieri had that penalty saved and it’s been pretty negative ever since.

Guest T Hardy
56 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Losing my interest in Wednesday and my interest in football in general. 

Same here, I’ve really got into American Football. It takes a lot of patience and willingness to want to learn the sport, but it’s really good to watch tactically when you understand it.