Jordan Rhodes

5 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Our mistake was not bringing in anybody Championship standard to partner him in January.

Shame on coward Chancer going into hiding when the going got tough.

Just playing him would have been a start.

When he plays we aren’t great, but we do enough to survive. 

• Like 4

Funny how other managers disagree and other fans fear him. 
But good old Wednesday don’t play him even when we don’t actually have anyone to play that role. His movement yesterday was good and he brought players into the game. 
We got pushed back second half but was hardly his fault. Then the inevitable he gets pulled again. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Started way too few games. Best we’ve got in that position by far.

Managers preferring Windass, Paterson, Kachunga and Marriott in a season where we don’t score enough is the main reason we are going down.

Didn't all these join the club whilst Monk was in charge. 

• Like 1

Just now, stompingowl said:

Didn't all these join the club whilst Monk was in charge. 

Yes. No idea what role Monk played in choosing them though.

That said, he played them ahead of Rhodes after a win and a draw in the two tough openers.

2 hours ago, Emilianenko said:

Proved his critics wrong again yesterday, played the lone front man well. Kept possession, drew fouls, SCORED.

I fear he will be dropped if he doesn’t score in the next game though.

He has a lot more to do, before he could be said to proving his critics wrong. Did a decent job though yesterday, and as I posted before, maybe he’s starting to get to grips with what’s required of a modern day forward. It’s ironic that for the duration of his time here, he’s failed to adapt, but finally as the penny might be dropping, he will walk away for free and another club may benefit from his, finally seeing the light. It’s not going to happen, but he would be extremely useful to us next season in League One. The reality is, he owes us big time

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

He has a lot more to do, before he could be said to proving his critics wrong. Did a decent job though yesterday, and as I posted before, maybe he’s starting to get to grips with what’s required of a modern day forward. It’s ironic that for the duration of his time here, he’s failed to adapt, but finally as the penny might be dropping, he will walk away for free and another club may benefit from his, finally seeing the light. It’s not going to happen, but he would be extremely useful to us next season in League One. The reality is, he owes us big time

Not often I agree with you but you are spot on here.

• Love 1

Just now, gurujuan said:

He has been doing all the basics all the time here, people just use the old lazy adage that he is just a poacher and nothing else to his game.

• Like 1