Jordan Rhodes

2 minutes ago, 0742 said:

I said in the last 6 years not a single manager has believed in him, you said 'all had failed' which isn't true, it's not just here he's failed to be given the chance. 

But as said, he was absolutely shot within 10 minutes of the restart yesterday. Clinging on to the hope that he's the answer to our goals problems is futile. He's been a poor player and waste of money. 

6 starts and 4 goals, why does that upset you?

• Like 1

Just now, Emilianenko said:

6 starts and 4 goals, why does that upset you?

It seems that you're the only one in this topic with some sort of emotional attachment to the topic. 

Jordan Rhodes will not be remembered as a success here, no matter how you try and portray the stats. I don't know why that bothers you so much, it's just how football is. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 0742 said:

It seems that you're the only one in this topic with some sort of emotional attachment to the topic. 

Jordan Rhodes will not be remembered as a success here, no matter how you try and portray the stats. I don't know why that bothers you so much, it's just how football is. 

Can’t argue with that, if only we played him regularly this season?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Can’t argue with that, if only we played him regularly this season?

I agree he's been our best option this season, yet still the manages haven't used him. Do you really think he would have kept up with scoring 4 goals every 6 starts though?

1 hour ago, shandypants said:

I'm being deliberately sarcastic and facetious because that was always the line thrown at Nuhiu by his haters and various Rhodes lovers whenever Nuhiu either hit a vein of form or kept St Jordan out of the team.  

For the record, I'm glad Rhodes has hit form; simply because he owes us some goals big time.  

Ah OK, I'm in total agreement.

7 hours ago, Holmowl said:

In any Rhodes thread it’s worth updating the options we have.

Rhodes 4 goals 805 mins - goal per 201 mins

Paterson 6 goals 2203 mins - goal per 370 mins

Windass 5 goals 1949 mins - goal per 375 mins

Marriott 0 goals 387 mins

Kachunga 0 goals 896 mins

Mind-blowingly rank bad management this season to keep him in the stands.

This just backs up the theory that decisions on him not being in the starting 11 weren’t down to the managers .

Of all the Hillsborough 'mysteries' in the recent past, Jordan Rhodes being benched by every manager that get's a good, long, and hard look at him is the one I'm looking for clarification and clearing the air on.

I'm interested to hear what former/retired players have to say about his time here in the next few years when they feel they can speak more freely.  Something is up.

Edited by Indoor Owl
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, shandypants said:

Here comes Mr Stats with his latest pile of crap. Are you Andy Rhodes? 

ouch

Bit like criticising a newsreader for reading out facts?

Not really “stats” are they? Goals and how long they’ve been on the pitch?

4 hours ago, fpowl said:

How does Patterson rank when you take his games out he played in centre mid under pulis 

not criticising the facts more looking at how that compares 

I can’t do that. Too complicated trying to recall/find when he played where, especially where it involved subs.

9 minutes ago, Jamie_W said:

I agree he's our best option at the moment, but you're comparing him to players who aren't strikers by trade or haven't consistently been playing as dedicated strikers. Saying he's got a better record than these guys this season is not really stong praise.

But I’m not praising him.

Im saying he should have been played far more than these non-strikers. 

4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

transfermarkt.com allows you to filter by position played. I'm not sure whether the formations they ascribe are 100% accurate, though.

I use transfermarkt but only where I can back up their stab at formations and positions with my own memory.

Guest T Hardy
5 hours ago, shandypants said:

Here comes Mr Stats with his latest pile of crap. Are you Andy Rhodes? 

Close - he knows the Rhodes family 🧑‍🦱

9 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Didn’t fail at Boro.

Pukki preferred at Norwich.

15 starts, 9 sub appearances, 6 goals, 6 shots in the premier league and no goals in 6 appearances. Definitely failed at Boro. 

Are you actually related to Rhodes or mates with him? 

7 hours ago, Lunny1968 said:

Ah the Jordan Rhodes fan club strikes again.  15 goals £8m fee £35k per week. What a magnificent return!

No. Just someone acknowledging that he played well yesterday and deserves his place. 

The implied justification for what was spent on him, his record, and his wages was completely made up by you. 

17 minutes ago, 0742 said:

15 starts, 9 sub appearances, 6 goals, 6 shots in the premier league and no goals in 6 appearances. Definitely failed at Boro. 

Are you actually related to Rhodes or mates with him? 

Tiresomely misleading “stats” about his Boro time. 

Though either way it doesn’t matter a jot.

The point anyone sensible fan with eyes would agree with is that he is better up front, right now, than any other option we can field.

If you want to use the History Chanel to refute that so be it. 

• Like 2