Jordan Rhodes

1 minute ago, Doghouse Daz said:

Jordan Rhodes will save us from relegation, sign a new contract, then fire us to the Premier League next season.

All aboard the relaunch of HMSPTL. 

That is a far more preferable (albeit unlikely) scenario than the one I predicted..... lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

I've noticed recently that Rhodes is starting to chase lost balls and seems a lot fitter. If we had this previously maybe we would have had the striker we always wanted. Coincidence he's out of contract?

He wasn't out of contract at Forrest though hey? Look at the games played to goals scored still half decent.

6 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

He seems like a nice bloke Jordan Rhodes, is it a coincidence that he has found some aggression, fire and robustness to his game as his contract expires?

Ignore the service debate, look at him. The last month or so, or even majority of this season he has seemed fitter, stronger and a different player to the one we had previously seen, he was so so slow and weak for most of his time with us. He has 100% looked stronger this season.

Jordan must be the most loved failure of a player in our history. 

If his goals keep us up would be a nice end to the story.

I've seen the 'playing for a new contract' a couple of times today in regards to Jordan Rhodes recent form.

Are there any previous examples of Rhodes playing for a new contract?? 

If you dont play regularly you cannot get form.

I know a few managers haven't chosen Jordan for whatever reason. 

I'm a big boxing fan and many a boxer/pundit say styles make fights.. 

Maybe actually playing in a style that suits and playing regularly is making a good fight for Jordan Rhodes? 

I'm a fair few pints in celebrating an unexpected win, but I hope the analogy works. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

We’ve seen so little of him for so long a can hardly remember how he was before. If I had no idea who he was and we’d signed him on loan in Jan I’d be saying ‘sign him up’ he looks like a hungry, intelligent player who works hard and can score plenty at this level. 
If all he’s doing is getting himself in the shop window then fair enough. If we benefit that’s as much as we can ask for at this stage. 

Just now, Harrypopper said:

I've seen the 'playing for a new contract' a couple of times today in regards to Jordan Rhodes recent form.

Maybe actually playing in a style that suits and playing regularly is making a good fight for Jordan Rhodes? 

I'm a fair few pints in celebrating an unexpected win, but I hope the analogy works. 

I know what you are saying and I am not 100% sure it is a case of him playing for a new deal.

However, what I am certain of, is he is fitter, stronger and more robust this season than any other season, ignoring formations and tactics.

Jordan Rhodes himself is applying himself better imo. He played upfront on his own Vs Norwich and looked really good. Something you would not really expect Rhodes to do.

It seems Adam Reach has taken over as the wimp of the team lol

Enjoy your beers.

• Like 1

I think he's a nice lad who's needed a manager to put his arm round him and trust him. Look at the managers he's had here.... Monk, Jos and Pulis ...... Three Arrogant stubborn failure s who like to be dictators. Carlos depends if your in his clique...... Bruce and Moore look to be good man managers and Moore knows him from playing well at Blackburn. I hope he has clicked back in to his old self and if we have Moore next season he could do very well.... So if he continues to now do well I'd hope her sign a new contract (not on the same terms) I'd would be nice if he thought after the money he's just had since he got here he would want to give something back to the supporters. It is football so will go elsewhere I know especially if he finishes the season well.... Many have supported him and hoped he'd be the striker he was. I'm not averse to complaining about players on here.... However those slagging the lad of now.... He's our only chance now and we only have a very tiny chance.... So stop moaning about money! The modern game is stupid when it comes to money! If we do go down you can add that to the amount your complaining about that Rhodes has cost. Back the lad.... If he's finally found some confidence for F88Ks Sake don't trash it!!!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harrypopper said:

Maybe it’s because I’m a boxing fan too but that makes sense to me. We should never have signed Rhodes because he was wrong for how we played, the players he played with etc etc. But finally, just as we get to the end, there’s a team and manager where his style adds value. 
I do think he’s been doing some different training in parallel and has definitely developed his all round game a bit. 
Im sure he will get offers but wherever he ends up (even if it’s here) he needs to go where his strengths will be what the team needs. 

• Like 1

I have two overriding visions of JR in my head.

One is him getting on the end of a speculative ball into the six yard box and finishing it. Outstanding ability to be in the right place at the right time, take that headed goal today.

The other his him try to hold up a long ball and being easily brushed off the ball by a bruising defender.

I feel like, on the occasions we're played him we've attempted one of these routes to goal much more than the other........

I'd love to see a breakdown of JR's games and how he's been deployed in them.

It's academic now, we signed him without a plan of how to use him effectively, or the personnel to compliment him. 

The irony is there's a good chance we're about to see him at his effective best, just before we release him. Yet more evidence of how hapless we are as a club under DC. 

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 1