Chris Waddles Message

A few years ago. when I was working for a championship football club one day the Youth Team coach who is still working in football said to me he had got Chris Waddle coming in to do a bit of training  and 5 a side with the kids. I thought this I have got to see. The great man arrived obviously a little portlier than in his playing days but to my surprise none of them had a clue who he was. There were comments of "who's this fat sod" and other similar  asides. The small games started and Mr Waddle came out  with all the tricks the feints the dummies pinging it about  - the look on the kids faces was priceless. Me and the coach were literally crying with laughter., What a footballer and what a gent. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

It's frightening that his era was the last great Wednesday team, which really was worth paying to watch.

I really feel for anyone under the age of 30 - you've had nothing really than a couple of play-off outings to shout about. 

Why are we so cursed?

Guest hirstysfags

I know I shouldn't, but I just keep linking him to his politics and it sort of diminishes my memories of him. 

Wrong of me but I can't help it.

5 hours ago, hirstysfags said:

I know I shouldn't, but I just keep linking him to his politics and it sort of diminishes my memories of him. 

I literally knew nothing of his political views and had to look it up. Does it really bother you what his views are. He was a footballer who without being to stereotypical they arent the smartest people around. So I will stick to his football skills they were sublime.

Guest LondonOwl313
5 hours ago, hirstysfags said:

I just had to google it too as knew nothing about it.. assumed from your post he was a big fan of Corbyn or something, but found that he supported a clean break Brexit. He goes even further up in my estimations... what a legend 

Guest hirstysfags
4 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I just had to google it too as knew nothing about it.. assumed from your post he was a big fan of Corbyn or something, but found that he supported a clean break Brexit. He goes even further up in my estimations... what a legend 

Which is absolutely fair enough. 

His adoration of Farage ruined it for me.

Guest hirstysfags
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Whatever you do don’t be looking at Terry Curran’s Facebook then

lol

I did and haven't made that mistake again. 

Happy Birthday to Chris in the US.

Even better when you get a message from God! I had the pleasure of meeting him prior to the Spora game on my 14th Birthday (showing my age 🙂)

Love the fact he's nailed Chansiri on his running of our wonderfully unique and prestigious club.

The best player ever to wear our shirt....

WAWAW