Sheffield Wednesday 2pm Press Conference - All updates here

DM on appointment cont.

They went through all the right procedures in contacting my previous club. We had a discussion and I just want to get started as quickly as possible.

It;s been great to meet the players and staff. It’s been a good training session. I’m looking forward to it.

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Tough decision to leave Rovers?

I have to go back to how I work on a day to day basis. It is trying to maximise every single day. That's the way I continue to work.

You never lift your head in terms of looking elsewhere.

These things happen in football. To get the recognition through this wonderful club, it is an exciting prospect this time.

I am really pleased that we managed to get things done. The biggest thing for me is being on the grass with the players.

It is an honour for me to work for this club. I want to thank the chairman for giving me the opportunity to manage this wonderful club and here the work starts.

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

DM on how he’ll go about it

I have to go back to working on a day to day basis. We have to maximise every day in terms of getting potential out of it. I’ll continue to work like that.

I like to think the clubs I’ve worked for, they get every part of me. These things happen in football and to get that recognition from a wonderful club is an exciting prospect.

There’s a long way to go in terms of getting things done. The biggest part for me is coming in and being on the grass with the players.

I’m here to express my excitement and desire. It’s an honour to be here for the support. I thank the chairman for giving me the opportunity and now the work starts.

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

DM on trying to keep the club up

It's a huge challenge.

What we can do is come together as one.

We need that together as a support. I am calling on the fans and everyone is connected to the club to be unified.

Let's look forward to these final 14 games and look forward to them.

It's a great challenge and that's why I am here. I am calling on everyone to come together as one.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Owlstalk Shop

DM on relegation scrap

It’s a huge challenge. What I would say is that what has gone on has gone on. There’s nothing we can do on that. We have to come together as one, we have a love and desire for this club.

I’m calling on the fans and everyone connected. This can be an army of support.

My message goes out to the fans, let’s look forward to these final 14 games and join forces.

I’m looking forward to the challenge, that’s why we’re here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

DM: "You never lift your head in looking elsewhere. These things happen in Football. To get that recognition was an exciting prospect. The most important part of the job being on a grass with the players."

I think most of our players are on grass judging by our results this season. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

DM on aspirations

The chairman has his heart in the football club.

He wants us to climb the table and have that structure and stability.

He has real passion and he speaks highly.

The years I’ve known this football club and he knows that.

I felt desire in his heart for the club and I wanted to be a part of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I want to work hard and get the club moving forward.

Once my advisor had signalled the interest in them from me, they went through all the right procedures.

We had a discussion about it. All I wanted to do was get started as soon as possible.

It has been great to meet the players and staff.

am I reading this wrong  - he approached us?

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

DM on how it came about

The chairman identified me as a candidate to take the club forward. When the opportunity came I didn’t hesitate. It’s an excellent club steeped in huge tradition. The opportunity was too much to resist.

I didn’t hesitate.

It was an approach. I get my head down and do what I do on a day to day basis. It’s wonderful to have my work recognised by a club of this stature. I want to work hard and give the club every ounce and inch or myself in terms of getting things going.

Every ounce and inch, he's a big lad is Darren, that's some work

1 minute ago, Bing Cosby said:

Why has seemingly everyone got an advisor!?

I might get one.

I am available for only 25% of all your earnings. 
My main piece of advice is ‘don’t take any advice I give you’ I have very little expertise in anything! Which appears to be one of the main qualifications for advising.
Just DM me your credit card number and we can get cracking 👍

• Haha 3