Sheffield Wednesday 2pm Press Conference - All updates here

DM on hitting the ground running

We have got a game on Wednesday and we need to hit the ground running.

I am working honestly and openly. Hopefully in my playing and managerial track record have seen signs like that.

I am not trying to be something I am not. I am delighted and excited to be manager of this club.

Sometimes I have got accolades as a manager but there are so many different departments that need to come together for the team to succeed.

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

DM on previous managers

Look, I’m just me. I’ll work honestly and openly. Hopefully you can see signs in my track record. I can pull teams together, I’m not compring myself to another manager. I’m excited and delighted to be here.

Within the team there are so many different departments for them to come together and that’s what we need to do.

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

DM on the contract length

It is irrelevant to speak about that.

All I want to talk about is the football.

That's the bit that excites me.

I am focused on team matters and team affairs.

Thats a bit intriguing on his contract.

Cant believe he left Donny for a contract until end of this season.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Does he feel he has let Rovers down?

I understand David's comments in terms of him being disappointed.

I'm sure he is delighted for me in terms as an individual for coming into this environment.

Doncaster Rovers are a wonderful football club. We managed to lead a promotion push in the first season before Covid and the second season.

I leave the club in great hands. I am really pleased for Andy Butler. They are in really good hands. They have got an exciting finish to the season to look forward to.

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Memo to the new gaffer.

If you want to understand where we are and what needs doing, get a video of the second half on Saturday. Watch the goals.

Now you understand.

You've got games twice a week, so not much time to get a lot over, half the players are out of contract in 14 games time. A lot of them have decided they are going to start their summer holidays early.

We don't need a coach/manager we need a miracle worker.

Good luck. Most fans want you to do well. Succeed and you will be a hero.

• Like 1

DM on Doncaster

I don’t feel I’ve let them down. I understand the comments in terms of being disappointed. There is the timing, but I’m sure they are delighted for me as an individual.

What a wonderful football club. It was an honour to go back there. They had them down as relegation material and we managed to lead a promotion push, this season we had one going.

I leave the football club in great hands. Andy Butler will continue to the end of the season. They’re in good hands. They should keep doing what they’re doing because they have an exciting end to the season ahead of them.

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Is it similar to the job he had at WBA?

It's very similar in terms of size and structure of the club.

It's different times now; we come here to work and my message is clear to the supporting army of fans is to get behind us and the team.

I have spoken to the staff and players here. We know the task ahead of us. It's a tough order.

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

DM on hitting the ground running

We have got a game on Wednesday and we need to hit the ground running.

I am working honestly and openly. Hopefully in my playing and managerial track record have seen signs like that.

I am not trying to be something I am not. I am delighted and excited to be manager of this club.

Sometimes I have got accolades as a manager but there are so many different departments that need to come together for the team to succeed.

I run them all

:Chansiri:

• Haha 3

Absolutely gutted I have to get back to work. Good work reporting back Neil, good luck with the rest of it.

Please excuse me for a pre-emptive post in anticipation for DC to start speaking. Imagine I posed it at the right time.

BOOOOOOOOOO, HISSSSSSSSSS, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It would be absolutely ridiculous to give him a contract until the end of the season, to pay compensation of a six figure sum, to bring members of his staff in for 14 games and then to just get rid at the end of the season. If we go down it will not be his fault, he deserves the chance in league one with us. 

• Like 1