List of all Sheffield Wednesday transfers that have included fees since Chansiri took over.

12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

That is shocking, only Joao has proven to be a shrewd signing. Others entertained us for a while, but quickly disappeared from the scene Latterly, Iorfa seems to be a decent signing, for I believe, about £450,000 Some massive failures on there though

Wasn't the fee quoted for Iorfa £250000 at the time ? The worry is he won't play again this season and then sits out the last year of his contract and walks for free. The injury couldn't have come at a worse time as potential buyers may want to see if he is back to his best before offering a fee and the nearer to the end of his contract the lower the value. Could well be we lose millions yet again. 

1 minute ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Wasn't the fee quoted for Iorfa £250000 at the time ? The worry is he won't play again this season and then sits out the last year of his contract and walks for free. The injury couldn't have come at a worse time as potential buyers may want to see if he is back to his best before offering a fee and the nearer to the end of his contract the lower the value. Could well be we lose millions yet again. 

You might be right re the fee, I just took it from a Wolves site. Yes unfortunate timing, and he would have been useful to us this season in playing terms

Just now, gurujuan said:

You might be right re the fee, I just took it from a Wolves site. Yes unfortunate timing, and he would have been useful to us this season in playing terms

Without a doubt. We have missed his pace and his ability to chip in with the odd goal. Was are most marketable player but think that boat may have sailed now with the injury.

15 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

The fees are bad but the wages... jeez.... dread to think exactly how much has been wasted there. 

Also, don’t forget wages paid for loan players who barely featured like Buckley

Add in mcgeedy and the two lads signed for a year urby and the African guy that never played too. 

Guest Mcguigan
15 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

How much have we paid in wages during this time?

I bet it dwarfs the transfer fees.

We only have until the 17/18 accounts to be totally accurate.

image.png.0557854d823d6ab34db14797f75d4b0e.png

My observations. All in hindsight, obviously.

a) DC wasn't afraid to put his money where his mouth was.

b) CC should have gone after 16/17 season ended.

c) 17/18 seasons wage bill of £42.4m and 168% of our income was ridiculous and set the tone for our demise with FFP,  without fire sales it was always going to end in disaster.

d) The quality of players available in 17/18 season was top drawer for the Championship, and the whole lot of them should be totally ashamed of themselves and their 15th placed finish.

e) The gravy train hasn't quite pulled into the station yet, as we'll see when 18/19 & 19/20 accounts are finally published. But, we are at least on the right tracks now financially.

f)  Amazing that in those 10 seasons, with combined wages of £160m, we achieved a better league position with an £8.2m wage bill than with a £42.4m one. 

Part of me actually feels for DC a bit.

6 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

We only have until the 17/18 accounts to be totally accurate.

image.png.0557854d823d6ab34db14797f75d4b0e.png

My observations. All in hindsight, obviously.

a) DC wasn't afraid to put his money where his mouth was.

b) CC should have gone after 16/17 season ended.

c) 17/18 seasons wage bill of £42.4m and 168% of our income was ridiculous and set the tone for our demise with FFP,  without fire sales it was always going to end in disaster.

d) The quality of players available in 17/18 season was top drawer for the Championship, and the whole lot of them should be totally ashamed of themselves and their 15th placed finish.

e) The gravy train hasn't quite pulled into the station yet, as we'll see when 18/19 & 19/20 accounts are finally published. But, we are at least on the right tracks now financially.

f)  Amazing that in those 10 seasons, with combined wages of £160m, we achieved a better league position with an £8.2m wage bill than with a £42.4m one. 

Part of me actually feels for DC a bit.

Vast majority had lengthy spells on the sidelines injured. Whether that was down to overplaying them or bad luck I’m not sure - probably a mixture of both. That season we were missing Westwood, Lees, Hutchinson, Lee, Bannan, Hooper, Forestieri, Fletcher Abdi, Winnall, Hunt for long periods. 

Plus we made two shocking managerial decisions. We should have got rid of Carlos after the Hudds defeat. Expecting the same manager to go again with the same group of players after two near misses was never going to work. And then we for some reason appointed Jos Luhukay which was absolutely nonsensical at the time. Both decisions cost us dearly.

And to be honest, the squad needed a bit of a refresh in the summer of 2017. I believe we turned down a bid for FF from Fulham before he got injured. I’m sure we could have attracted decent bids for a few others too. Every team has there cycle and after two failed Play Off campaigns, the squad needed a bit of a restructure in order to compete again. Instead we thought we could give it another go with the same group and same manager.

Just bad club management.

• Like 1