Supporters group applies to have Hillsborough classed as an asset of community value

Guest Grandad

15 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

No and No.

Although If we can take out a boiler maintenance contract with British Gas, we get a free service each year and new parts to fix it along with a boiler engineer, after we pay the excess of £75.00. 😃 I think it is about £12.00 a month via direct debit.

I thought their engineers were on (justified) strike ?

5 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Good point.

If a multi millionaire business man struggles to keep up, how will a group of working class supporters manage?

Presumably the supporters who not be wasting £150m on the stadium though. They would maintain the stadium and get income from match days and other corporate event held there like the other 91 league teams do.😁😁😁😁

Just now, @owlstalk said:

*checks again to see if season ticket refunds have been done*
*checks to see if we signed any players for over a million since 2017*
*Checks the last 12 months payment history to our players to see if they were paid on time*

Ok , in total our football club is big business in the tens of millions of pounds  even if with the current the cash flow the club is struggling to pay relativity small sums and certainly the stadium is worth in the tens of millions of pounds.

Of course  the trust can arrange when allowed to meet in a pub in and talk about it. Or they have a Zoom meeting probably using the free account option but what is the point?

Please understand me there is  nothing wrong with a group of fans trying to improve the lot of people who support the club but stick to to what can be achieved.

Charity Events, Free tickets for kids, helping out running owls in the park etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Geedee said:

Ok , in total our football club is big business in the tens of millions of pounds  even if with the current the cash flow the club is struggling to pay relativity small sums and certainly the stadium is worth in the tens of millions of pounds.

Of course  the trust can arrange when allowed to meet in a pub in and talk about it. Or they have a Zoom meeting probably using the free account option but what is the point?

Please understand me there is  nothing wrong with a group of fans trying to improve the lot of people who support the club but stick to to what can be achieved.

Charity Events, Free tickets for kids, helping out running owls in the park etc.

That's one for @SWFC Trust

Owlstalk Shop

51 minutes ago, Grandad said:

The Trust members have voted 96% to 4% to apply for ACV status for Hillsborough

The Trust will now make the application

Once listed as Assets of Community Value with the local authority, the local community will be informed if they are listed for sale within the five year listing period. The community can then enact the Community Right to Bid, which gives them a moratorium period of six months to determine if they can raise the finance to purchase the asset.

The Presto on the West stand roof must have listed status by now. 

• Haha 1

If ever the club and ground are owned by separate people we’re on the slippery slope to moving ground. (Not that I’m against that).
A new owner (of the club) will probably want the ground too. If it’s sold to the community, he may well look for a new site and the community will be left with an expensive white elephant.

Just now, Tamworthowl said:

If ever the club and ground are owned by separate people we’re on the slippery slope to moving ground. (Not that I’m against that).
A new owner (of the club) will probably want the ground too. If it’s sold to the community, he may well look for a new site and the community will be left with an expensive white elephant.

Better than two gold one boom boom.😁😁😁

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Grandad said:

The Trust members have voted 96% to 4% to apply for ACV status for Hillsborough

The Trust will now make the application

Once listed as Assets of Community Value with the local authority, the local community will be informed if they are listed for sale within the five year listing period. The community can then enact the Community Right to Bid, which gives them a moratorium period of six months to determine if they can raise the finance to purchase the asset.

Maybe oversimplifying it a bit but only effect seems to have is being notified of any intended sale and opportunity to delay said sale by 6 months.

By consequence wouldn't that also mean same for any potential takeover as not sure anyone would buy out DC if not including ground as part of the deal.

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Maybe oversimplifying it a bit but only effect seems to have is being notified of any intended sale and opportunity to delay said sale by 6 months.

By consequence wouldn't that also mean same for any potential takeover as not sure anyone would buy out DC if not including ground as part of the deal.

That seems to actually prevent DC from selling up for at least 5 years if it goes ahead.

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

The Trust's members have voted 'yes' in answer to the following question. 

'Should the SWFC Supporters' Trust make an application, and aim to secure, ACV status for Hillsborough Stadium?'

The Trust will therefore continue with our work towards applying for ACV status for Hillsborough. 

The next post is a copy of the Q&A that was sent to members along with the ballot. The Trust also held an online Members' meeting to explain the process and have appeared on both Football Heaven and the Wednesday Til I Die podcast discussing it.  I'll answer one or two of the questions above directly also underneath. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

That seems to actually prevent DC from selling up for at least 5 years if it goes ahead.

Don't read it that way 5 years is period before re application.

I think if DC intends to sell stadium (either on its own or as part of selling club + stadium) then community notified, have 6 wees to decide if want to bid or not and if want to bid then further 4 and half months to raise finance and submit a bid).

Doesn't mean owner has any obligation to sell to community and can just refuse the bid and sell to who they want in end anyway?

• Like 1