Jordan Rhodes

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

And how many games has he played in that time, how many chances has he had created for him?

His goals per minute was pretty good at Norwich, ok at Wednesday. I have no idea  about his second season at Middlesbrough.

I like Rhodes as a player, I think he could be very useful for the club, however it's been a long time of not many games and not many goals.

By all accounts a top bloke so I can only hope things work out well for him.

Guest Therealrealist
6 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

If he gets 20 goals between now and the end of the season, then we will sell him for 10m in the summer and get our money back.

lol

He’s out of contract...we won’t be receiving a penny for him...wether he scores 1 or 21...it’s the clubs worse ever signing without a shadow of a doubt...one quality winner at Bournemouth dosnt change this factamondo..but at least I was there at forest when he scored a hat trick 👍

5 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Two good sub appearances. Rhodes and Windass next game for me if Paterson is injured.

Im not impressed by Kachunga but having been key to two of our last 3 goals I’d think he and Rhodes the more likely pairing to be picked.

@YesWeCrann

Really good article.

Your comparison with the superb and much-loved Fletcher is interesting. 

You include penalty goals, which always distorts any comparison of strikers. If you remove Fletcher’s six pens, and Rhodes’ one pen, the comparison of goals becomes surprisingly close.

Fletcher goal every 265 mins

Rhodes - goal every 314 mins

In my opinion, after Hooper, Fletcher has been our best striker in a decade, and offered far more to the side than most strikers, including Rhodes. However, we all judge strikers largely on goals, and when you consider that Fletch scored the equivalent of a goal every 3 games, and Rhodes a goal every 3 and 1/2 games, it does question why we have been quite so damning of Rhodes.

51 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

@YesWeCrann

Really good article.

Your comparison with the superb and much-loved Fletcher is interesting. 

You include penalty goals, which always distorts any comparison of strikers. If you remove Fletcher’s six pens, and Rhodes’ one pen, the comparison of goals becomes surprisingly close.

Fletcher goal every 265 mins

Rhodes - goal every 314 mins

In my opinion, after Hooper, Fletcher has been our best striker in a decade, and offered far more to the side than most strikers, including Rhodes. However, we all judge strikers largely on goals, and when you consider that Fletch scored the equivalent of a goal every 3 games, and Rhodes a goal every 3 and 1/2 games, it does question why we have been quite so damning of Rhodes.

It doesn't distort at all.  Are you going to discount free kicks, or simple tap ins?  Talk about moving the goalposts.

28 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

It doesn't distort at all.  Are you going to discount free kicks, or simple tap ins?  Talk about moving the goalposts.

Not at all. 

Penalties should always be discounted for comparisons like @YesWeCrann

As a non-Wednesday example, consider Rashford. Was he a better striker before Fernandez got the penalty role? 

16 hours ago, bladeshater said:

Not sure about that if he got 20 goals we would certainly avoid relegation probably gaining the club 7-8 million pounds

Way to simplistic to claim this, seen it in a few posts.

You've got to figure in that we wouldn't be in this mess\relegation battle , if it wasn't for our shambolic transfer policy & wasted millions. Jordons transfer being the worst, by a mile.