Liam Shaw in advanced talks with Celtic

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

To be fair I can see the big picture and agree that he should have been tied down by now, an extra year should have been sorted in the summer when it became clear he was going to be more involved in the first team squad.

The way you are going off in this thread though, anyone would think you have been championing his career and have always seen what Celtic are allegedly interested in now when the reality is you thought he should have been nowhere near the first team just 4 appearances ago. 

Nowhere near the first team was said in the Matchday thread when I was p***d off he’d just got sent off after going 1-0 up. You know that full well and I know you know that. Never said anything during a match in the heat of it all? 

You agree with the main point I’ve been making in this thread, so why exactly have you pulled me up? The only thing I’m championing is how bloody useless this club is at being proactive.

Edited by SallyCinnamon

50 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

Probably because you can't...

I mean I've done it multiple times on this thread but I'm sick of explaining it to people who just see short term gains and can't see the bigger picture.

You'd be the first to moan if he leaves and ends up moving from Celtic for £20 million +

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

To be fair I can see the big picture and agree that he should have been tied down by now, an extra year should have been sorted in the summer when it became clear he was going to be more involved in the first team squad.

The way you are going off in this thread though, anyone would think you have been championing his career and have always seen what Celtic are allegedly interested in now when the reality is you thought he should have been nowhere near the first team just 4 appearances ago. 

Not to mention Shaw's had that contract on the table for 6 weeks. 

1 minute ago, Gob_Bluth said:

I mean I've done it multiple times on this thread but I'm sick of explaining it to people who just see short term gains and can't see the bigger picture.

You'd be the first to moan if he leaves and ends up moving from Celtic for £20 million +

I wouldn't moan in the slightest. 

4 minutes ago, malek said:

Really sad in all this is that how we operate we will lose every young player who show bit of potential. Don't think any other club in the world operates way we do. 

If you was his agent would you recommend him to run his contract down and see what else is out there or sign a contract before he got in the first team?  The fact is the agent is holding all the cards, he knows he has a decent player on his hands and there will be a demand for him. 

In the players financial interest (and his own) he's probably done the sensible thing. 

• Like 1

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Ah that’s fine then. We offered him a new deal 2 weeks before he can freely talk to other clubs. I take everything back about what I said about the club not being proactive.

Shows he really keen to stay..

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Nowhere near the first team was said in the Matchday thread when I was p***d off he’d just got sent off after going 1-0 up. You know that full well and I know you know that. Never said anything during a match in the heat of it all? 

You agree with the main point I’ve been making in this thread, so why exactly have you pulled me up? The only thing I’m championing is how bloody useless this club is at being proactive.

Called a player an idiot in the heat of the moment? Probably yes? Reached the conclusion that he is not ready for first team football solely on that basis only to be completely reversed 4 games later? Doubtful. 

The club is proving to be useless at most things recently, not going to argue with that. 

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

If you was his agent would you recommend him to run his contract down and see what else is out there or sign a contract before he got in the first team?  The fact is the agent is holding all the cards, he knows he has a decent player on his hands and there will be a demand for him. 

In the players financial interest (and his own) he's probably done the sensible thing. 

I believe What was said on here, that we offered him only one year deal. It must feel as a slap to the face for him and I wouldn't blame him if he choose to go wherever. He would hardly get less respected. 

BTW. Who is in charge of signing these contracts? Deserves quortering on the public square. 

2 minutes ago, malek said:

I believe What was said on here, that we offered him only one year deal. It must feel as a slap to the face for him and I wouldn't blame him if he choose to go wherever. He would hardly get less respected. 

BTW. Who is in charge of signing these contracts? Deserves quortering on the public square. 

If they know that he only got offered a years contract then you would presume they also know whose in charge of the contracts.

3 minutes ago, malek said:

Wasn’t it 1 year deal on 2k a week someone said on here? Can’t remember which poster but I think that’s what it was. Might be rubbish mind.

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

If they know that he only got offered a years contract then you would presume they also know whose in charge of the contracts.

Dunno mate, it got posted on here and confirmed since (also on here) by more posters. Don't have to be true, but I wouldn't be one bit surprised if true. 

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Wasn’t it 1 year deal on 2k a week someone said on here? Can’t remember which poster but I think that’s what it was. Might be rubbish mind.

Don't think wages were mentioned, but since it was only one year deal one would assume it was on terms he was already on, but don't read to much on this as I'm just guessing. 

Bloody Pelupessey must be on around 10k.

8 minutes ago, MarvelOwls said:

Boyhood club ✔

Starting to get games under his belt ✔

Developing nicely ✔

Family and friends all here ✔

Celtic are a big club for sure......in Scotland. Champions League football gives him the chance to go against the elite if he gets picked

Celtic sound like they are having a few problems of their own and it's not exactly just around the corner. 

My gut says he will stay until the end of the season and join the other 14 to leave on a free

Sadly I think you are right and to be honest I for one can’t blame him.  Football is a short career and it is his career we are talking about.

The real problem here as I see it is like so much at this club at the minute, there is no forward thinking.

A football club, like any other business should have a strategy and plan. Part of that should be how we measure young player improvement and reward. Contracts shouldn’t be allowed to run down so these assets become valueless and that includes 1st team players.

How on earth DC thought he could realise any value in his investment running it in this ad hoc manner defeats me.

• Love 1

49 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yes and making sure players like Shaw were tied down for the possibility of resale,  would have helped hugely if we are in threat of going bust. 

That's the problem though isn't it we only realised he had a resale value when it was to late.

Guest Therealrealist

A few months ago it was all about Alex hunt no mention of shaw wotsoever...now hunt can’t get a look in...of all the meltdowns this is the strangest of the lot

Can’t blame Shaw if he goes.  But if he goes it just demonstrates the complete incompetence of Chansiri and  that Cancer Paxo.  They need to get out of the club fast.  Pity fans aren’t allowed into the ground because it would be a sight to behold seeing stuffing balls and Chansiri lynched.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1