Everton - V - Wednesday *FA CUP* omdt

Ok some simple stuff...

To a man they had more class than us and that's because of a long tenure at the top level.

We were without senior players at the back and they scored two straight forward headers in the centre of the box because they are big, strong, agile international, premiership players.

Their 1st goal was a real quality finish...Borner was turning away because there was now way C-L was getting to it...but he did.

But we gave a good showing tonight and it was clear we need a bit of quality in three places...but we knew that.

I really thought we did ok considering our squad right now and who we were playing...they are a very good side.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Owlsend said:

Sent Brown back to his present club waste of space

I was asking a poster that said he was "a good coach but hasn't got a clue tactically" what he would have done differently...Brown showed some class but isn't what we need. He's not a 'bad' player like Pelupessy for example

54 minutes ago, 83owl said:

His record for luton last season would suggest otherwise. 1 goal and 8 assists (pretty much the same as Bannan) however Brown only played 28 games compared to Bannans 40 odd  

At least Bannan looks sharp even if he does make mistakes. 

Izzy just runs about a bit and generally loses possession without causing any threat. 

I'd have Joao back in his place as sub in a heartbeat. 

They are on a different level to us.

First half, I thought we largely matched them and were a bit unlucky to go in a goal down.

Second half, the extra quality showed for them. Two poor goals from our point of view, but the pressure was just too much.

I will say though that at least we were trying to knock it about. Much nicer to watch that the utter dross seved up under Pulis. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hugeowl said:

If we are not counting defenders Shaw Odobajo Luongo 

If we are Lees , Dunkerly , Iorfa Westwood 

Palmer and Windass are starters 

As said defence only

Westwood and luongo never play. Green will replace windass imo and looked dangerous last night.

Anyhow onwards and upwards

Fair few Everton mates from studying in Manchester and they've always been sound. Even once went to Everton away at Coventry back in the 90s when football was cheap and all their fans welcomed me as their own with no hostility etc.

Liverpool fans on the other hand...