Everton - V - Wednesday *FA CUP* omdt

I'm torn, Its the cup, so anything can happen!!! On the other hand we are Sheffield Wednesday, so that doesn't count for us.......back to earth with a bump maybe.

Either way, looking forward to getting some footy back, even if we are managerless and re-signing players we released only weeks ago......

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 5

Glad to see Everton as the opposition, as Wednesday seems to play their best, when the odd's aren't in their favor.  

Thanks, as always, Lord Snooty, but in your lineup I'd move Shaw to LB and Boerner (?) to CB...actually I'd set up in a 4-4-2.

In any case, 2-1, Wednesday, Paterson & Reach (Shaw?) if they play.  I know, "deluded",  but delusion never got any Owlstalker banned....

WAWAW.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A full strength Everton at Goodison... What could possibly go wrong ey!?

lol

But it's a free hit...hopefully Thompson will rotate enough to protect players for the hugely important upcoming business in the league and give some youngsters a night to remember... Such a shame the stands will be empty, this would be a great tie in normal times

COME ON YOU BLUE AND WHITE WIZARDS!

• Like 2

It's The Cup!!! This used to really mean something and so it should now!! 4th Round and an upset on the cards!! Get "Greeney" in he'll be chomping at the bit... "Marrers" and "Patts" up top and young Shaw roaming around behind them...I can see only good things happening this evening!! Grow a pair you disbelievers get yer rattles out ready and let's hear "Play up The Wednesday Boys"!!!! 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

To be honest I’m dreading this.  Would love us to pull off an amazing win.  Head saying that if we can come out of this with a narrow defeat and respectability then I would take that.  A hammering could do us immense harm for the rest of the season.  Really hope I am proved wrong on this.

• Thanks 1

I expect another performance exactltnlike the last ones wgere we've played against premier league teams in the FA Cup recently (Man City/Chelsea).

Little possession, even fewer chances and Pelupessy having maybe one touch all game.

Maybe they'll surprise us and we'll go into a new week with a warm feeling but I really can't see it.

The magic of the FA Cup? If it is, it's more Paul Daniels than Dynamo.

Up the Owls for what it's worth anyway.

• Thanks 1

"The FA Cup for us is very important," Ancelotti said. "I want to put out the best line-up as possible against Sheffield Wednesday because we want to move on this competition, it's a realistic target for us,  and I think Dominic [Calvert-Lewin] can start because he trained well."

Bugger.

• Haha 2