Everton - V - Wednesday *FA CUP* omdt

What I want to know is where are Dunkley, lees , Shaw, luongo and odabajo ...we need them all back sharpish for the league plus we need strengthening ......Chansiri get some foo.kin players in and stop phukin about 😡

Really wasn’t that bad,  Everton are a very decent side 

Meltdown because of losing to Everton is embarrassing 

Edited by Guest

All things considered, that was much better than I thought when I saw our starting XI.

Everton are a proper team and will expect to be playing European football next season. We had Brennan, Galvin and Urhoghide (less than 10 senior starts between them) against James Rodriguez, Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin and Sigurdsson... just to put things into perspective, Sigurdsson alone probably cost more than every single signing we’ve made in 150+ years combined. 

We had to pick and choose our moments to attack, like Thompson said before the match, and we played some nice stuff when we did go forward.

Disappointing to concede 3 goals from corners but the league is the priority and hopefully that run out has helped boost fitness levels ready to smash the granny out of Coventry on Wednesday night

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I did not expect to win today

But you never know what you’ve got until you’ve lost it

Toilet paper is a good example

We need a manager ASAP Thompson is a good coach Tactically hasn’t got a clue

Don’t get me wrong I’d do know better ..

but he just seemed to me that he was clueless when we went two down 

And if our chairman is satisfied with keeping Thompson as manager it shows his ambition for the club

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Think Brown is getting a bit of a raw deal here

Barely played any football since Autumn, came on against a good side and actually got on the ball, won some free kicks, tried a few things 

He was more involved in the game than many of our other players

Got to agree with that , was showing and using he ball better than most , don’t get the hate he’s a decent midfielder , needs a few games

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Izzy Brown 🤦🏻‍♂️

Bless him.

Not a footballer.

His record for luton last season would suggest otherwise. 1 goal and 8 assists (pretty much the same as Bannan) however Brown only played 28 games compared to Bannans 40 odd  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pieman said:

That’s the key mate. Needs a run of games from the start.

How on earth does he warrant a start? He might have tried to make things happen, I mean that’s all very well but it might help if he could actually find a Wednesday player to give the ball to occasionally. He just gave the ball away time after time.

13 minutes ago, Owlsend said:

I did not expect to win today

But you never know what you’ve got until you’ve lost it

Toilet paper is a good example

We need a manager ASAP Thompson is a good coach Tactically hasn’t got a clue

Don’t get me wrong I’d do know better ..

but he just seemed to me that he was clueless when we went two down 

And if our chairman is satisfied with keeping Thompson as manager it shows his ambition for the club

A good coach that hasn't got a clue tactically 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

I thought we did make a go of it regardless of the lack of attacking threat; it was just too big a gulf in class to overcome. That was a very strong Everton side out there tonight and they're having a good season. They'll be 4th in the table if they win either of their games in hand.  We were the ones who started with youth players, whereas every Everton player who started is part of the senior squad, and the majority of them are regularly in their first eleven.

I couldn't view this game as anything more than a warm-up for Coventry and it was useful for just that. I'm glad Brennan and Galvin kept their places for this one. Great to see Urhoghide out there; I was beginning to think he'd disappeared completely. Dele-Bashiru looked solid when he came on, especially given how little game time he's gotten this season. I'm baffled by how far off the pace Brown is. He can do just about nothing right at the moment. I'd love to think he'd come good if he was starting and got a proper run, but, sadly, I can't imagine we'll ever have the luxury of affording him the amount of time it's going to take him to get up to speed. Hopefully Green will find his feet a lot faster.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, modboy said:

Unfortunately not, but bar our defence who would get in our team? 

If we are not counting defenders Shaw Odobajo Luongo 

If we are Lees , Dunkerly , Iorfa Westwood 

Palmer and Windass are starters 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Yep I’ve lumped on an Everton win, should be fairly straight forward for them tonight and hopefully not a thrashing for us on tv.  As others have said it’s more important we beat Coventry so it will be interesting how strong our line up will be 

Well it was a poo line up IMHO... so there ya go.