Cardiff and Birningham fans want Cook

On 21/01/2021 at 11:32, Owls Loyal said:

If you look at Twitter you will see that Harris at Cardiff and Karanka at Birmingham are coming under significant pressure from fans due to their poor recent runs.

And guess who the fans leading candidater to take over is?

A certain Paul Cook

Big mick off to cardiff.

2 hours ago, s29wfc said:

If we'd have appointed McCarthy 24hrs after sacking pulis we'd have had some right wrist slitters on here.

Going to be wrist slitters no matter who we make manager / head coach is.
I would have been happy with Big Dingle Mick myself, far from perfect but can organise a side and wont put up with any shirkers.
If he could have done a job like Gray did, kept us up and stabilised for a season we could have then had the foundations of a solid side and then tried to be a bit more expansive.
With the players we have and our position in the table at the moment we can play attacking football but we will get some right rankings and go down.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Going to be wrist slitters no matter who we make manager / head coach is.
I would have been happy with Big Dingle Mick myself, far from perfect but can organise a side and wont put up with any shirkers.
If he could have done a job like Gray did, kept us up and stabilised for a season we could have then had the foundations of a solid side and then tried to be a bit more expansive.
With the players we have and our position in the table at the moment we can play attacking football but we will get some right rankings and go down.

Yes, I'd have liked old Six Fingers here too.

It's very strange how the dinosauria keep getting jobs...

garymegson

4 hours ago, s29wfc said:

Mick McCarthy set to be appointed the new Cardiff manager. That's 5 championship clubs now changed their manager this season including us and none keen on Cook. Maybe he isn't the messiah people on here think he is. 

Perhaps given how he's been talked up by the masses recently, he's waiting for Lampard to get the boot at Chelsea. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Perhaps given how he's been talked up by the masses recently, he's waiting for Lampard to get the boot at Chelsea. :ph34r:

IMO Cook's much better than Lampard.

I bet Chelsea would be doing better were he their manager, and if Lampard were here we wouldn't have a chance of survival.

Lampard is an example of the modern ex-PL player who expects to be parachuted straight into a top job without serving his apprenticeship.

There are those on this site who would favour that approach here too.

Or someone who's doing well with, say. Hereford and called Kyle or Wesley.

Adjectives such as "progressive" or "imaginative" are frequently used by them.

5 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I bet Chelsea would be doing better were he their manager, and if Lampard were here we wouldn't have a chance of survival.

Lampard is an example of the modern ex-PL player who expects to be parachuted straight into a top job without serving his apprenticeship.

Lampard got the job purely because he is a legend at the club and knows it inside out. Cook would struggle to get a job at a top end championship club let alone Chelsea.

3 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I just cannot stomach that. 

The respect Lampard will command from their players is absolutely incomparable to if Paul Cook walked in their dressing room ffs. 

Lampard is an absolute student of the game at the highest level. Yes, young in management terms and will make mistakes, but don't tell me Cook would likely do better for Chelsea than Frank Lampard. 

Having managed Sligo, Accrington, Wigan, Chesterfield and Portsmouth, you honestly think if he rocked up to manage Tiago Silva and co at Chelsea, that'd work out?

• Like 3

Guest Therealrealist
4 hours ago, s29wfc said:

Mick McCarthy set to be appointed the new Cardiff manager. That's 5 championship clubs now changed their manager this season including us and none keen on Cook. Maybe he isn't the messiah people on here think he is. 

Good post..apart from the fact they offered it cook first..🤫🤫