Wednesday players you forgot played for us thread

On 09/01/2024 at 00:14, DSandersonOWL said:

Those are 5 players that you have remembered ! 

Are you going to do a list of those you have forgotten ?😲

If we were discussing players that had been truly forgotten then surely this thread would be empty, or forgotten too? 😆

But yes those ones were just on the cusp of my memory / a bit of a 'random' remembering 

I can remember almost all of the players mentioned in this thread. Also Adam Green who I didn't spot.

However somebody mentioned Rolando Aarons in another thread recently, I looked him up and despite him playing for us as recently as 2019, and he made 10 league appearances, I just have no memory of him whatsoever. And I was at 8 of those games... 

• Like 1

On 09/01/2024 at 21:32, elyowl1 said:

Tony Meola 

USA keeper signed with Harkes , must have been issues with work permit. 

Again looking through old stuff and photo of the two in our kit 

I don't think he ever actually signed or played for us. IIRC he signed for Brighton instead.

• Like 1

I vaguely remember Mandy Sidibe playing for us. Just googled him and found he had a 2 month loan spell with us between Nov 2012 and January 2013. Must’ve been the first season back in the championship after promotion under Jones.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jim said:

I vaguely remember Mandy Sidibe playing for us. Just googled him and found he had a 2 month loan spell with us between Nov 2012 and January 2013. Must’ve been the first season back in the championship after promotion under Jones.

He was awful, I remember going to Bolton on Boxing Day and was livid at finding out he was starting. He scored the winner.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Jim said:

Found it utterly baffling at the time that Jones was persisting with Jay Bothroyd and Mamady Sidibe when we had Madine and O’Grady in the squad (both who did a good job for us the season before).

Not saying Madine and O’Grady were brilliant but they were much stronger options that the other two. Fortunately in January we signed Leroy Lita and *checks notes* Steve Howard who were actually decent for us. Barmy at times was Dave Jones. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, alanharper said:

I can remember almost all of the players mentioned in this thread. Also Adam Green who I didn't spot.

However somebody mentioned Rolando Aarons in another thread recently, I looked him up and despite him playing for us as recently as 2019, and he made 10 league appearances, I just have no memory of him whatsoever. And I was at 8 of those games... 

He was one of first signings made by Bruce and I remember him scoring against Wigan away I think. Him, Lazaar and Iorfa were decent signings and helped us go on a long unbeaten run. His career went downhill from there though as he ended up in Scotland with Motherwell which surprised me at the time.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

He was one of first signings made by Bruce and I remember him scoring against Wigan away I think. Him, Lazaar and Iorfa were decent signings and helped us go on a long unbeaten run. His career went downhill from there though as he ended up in Scotland with Motherwell which surprised me at the time.

Aarons the Invincible.

10 games for us - 0 defeats.

Not sure any other player has played that many times for us without ever losing.

Just now, Lowry said:

Anyone remember Alessio da Cruz? Played 14 games in 2020

Absolutely no recollection

took a mean corner  is all i remember him for .......looked up on wiki and now plays in serie b for some club ive never heard off