Wise words from Erik Alonso this morning

1 minute ago, Ronio said:

It's quite possible.  

I've often thought to myself that DC is just the front man.  

Yes just doesn’t add up why Paxo is still around unless he his involved more than is advertised 

The thing is no matter who is losing the money where do we go from here ?

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

To be fair Erik Alonso seems like a decent guy.

I know he’s engaging with fans in a positive way. 

This is what makes him entirely unsuitable to be working in a professional environment

8 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Its easy enough to find out who stuffing boy has extremely strong links with. 

We all know his links with Nelio Lucas, et al. But before that there were DC’s links to  Pairoj and Pete Piempongsant. Are they still part of the picture?

10 minutes ago, Ronio said:

It's quite possible.  

I've often thought to myself that DC is just the front man.  

I always thought it was strange that when DC’s interest first became public knowledge it was said that he was part of a consortium.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Yes just doesn’t add up why Paxo is still around unless he his involved more than is advertised 

The thing is no matter who is losing the money where do we go from here ?

Good question.  

For a start the way we are being run and have been run is killing the club.  It certainly isn't sustainable in the long run.  

Selling the stadium can only be done once, then what?  

Are we facing more penalties? more transfer embargoes and more point deductions in the not too distant future?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

if that is true it will definitely be a foreign coach then. Nice bit of commission for Paxo if he appoints one of his mates. Bloke is a leech. 

I’d have imagined there both chasing foreign coaches to be honest 

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I’d have imagined there both chasing foreign coaches to be honest 

That certainly seems the case and you would think its got to be a more expensive option than a British alternative.. Shipping them over here possibly family as well, legal stuff and I hope they speak English well, someone like Bielsa would do my head in. 

1 minute ago, gizowl said:

That certainly seems the case and you would think its got to be a more expensive option than a British alternative.. Shipping them over here possibly family as well, legal stuff and I hope they speak English well, someone like Bielsa would do my head in. 

Same here. I’d hate a manager who got us promoted playing high tempo positive football just because he needs a translator in press conferences.

:duntmatter:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

38 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Same here. I’d hate a manager who got us promoted playing high tempo positive football just because he needs a translator in press conferences.

:duntmatter:

We won't be that lucky, we'll get one like Luhukay that can't speak a word of English. 

1 hour ago, Ronio said:

Good question.  

For a start the way we are being run and have been run is killing the club.  It certainly isn't sustainable in the long run.  

Selling the stadium can only be done once, then what?  

Are we facing more penalties? more transfer embargoes and more point deductions in the not too distant future?

Well he reckons we have done in about 300m in six years that’s 50 m a year to take us backwards plus the initial 40 m to purchase us from Manderic 

Whichever  way you look at it it’s going to cost millions just to keep us treading water .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mogbad said:

Exactly why I think he must have some financial tie to the club or DC.

Always thought the ‘we have friends’ statement in dc very first interview when asked about how much money he would be investing was a weird thing to come out with? Might be nothing in it but,,,,,

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JoshTheOwl said:

Detective Sally. 

Just bored in lockdown really. It’s interesting stuff, all the info is out there in the public domain. 

The world of agents and sports management is crazy. Wednesday aren’t alone in it either, it will happen at loads of clubs. I’d just love to know why Paixao is still advising the club. And I wish he was given some accountability for his influence. He might be working really hard to deliver success for Wednesday for all we know. 

• Like 1