Wise words from Erik Alonso this morning

Mandaric would have quite happily sold us to Mammadov before that blew up in his face.

His sole purpose was to enrich himself from his project at S6, in much the same way that a developer will buy a derelict house in a good location in order to flip it for a quick profit.

All that baloney about the club being in his heart was just to keep the fans onside during his tenure.

However, he bears no responsibility for the subsequent clusterphuck that Chansiri has made of the job.

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Mandarić sold us to the highest (only?) bidder, which is normal in business and football.

The mess that Chansiri has created is nothing to do with him. He couldn't have possibly foreseen how things would play out.

5 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

Mandaric would have quite happily sold us to Mammadov before that blew up in his face.

His sole purpose was to enrich himself from his project at S6, in much the same way that a developer will buy a derelict house in a good location in order to flip it for a quick profit.

All that baloney about the club being in his heart was just to keep the fans onside during his tenure.

However, he bears no responsibility for the subsequent clusterphuck that Chansiri has made of the job.

Were Doyen at the club before Mandaric sold us?

I'm sure I read somewhere that they were but not completely sure what I read at the time.

10 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Dunno.

I don't remember any discussion of them during the Mandarić era, though I could be wrong.

Don't recall any direct links either.

Had a quick search and couldn't fin anything but did find this article. Not directly related to us but does reference Mandaric's sale of Leicester to a group that could be linked to Doyen at the time and also talks about how Doyen worked. 

http://www.futbolgrad.com/ianis-hagi-mysterious-transfer-to-fiorentina/

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Still don't get the obsession with Doyen 

It doesn't even exist anymore

lol

QAnon begs to differ......they reckon they're even worse than Democrats!!! 

Edited by Morepork
  • Haha 2

If his comment was about us then he can't be any good as isn't it that all the owners expect results but very few give a manager any licence to do their job or choose players...... That's a big part of the modern problem with football.... Our problem seems to be our owner may do this more than most and has little knowledge and either ignores advice or gets very bad advice...... Also if your and advisor he will expect results from you...... Though Paxo still involved....... Though is that because the has money in the club.....? Bruce said he would have to work with him that he had no choice and he seems to be the only manager under Chansiri who managed to carve out a bit of say before he agreed to sign.

4 hours ago, Jamie said:

Erik is actually a really good guy. Hes really knowledgeable and wants the best for the club and fans. There’s only one problem and that is chansiri won’t let him. He seems to not trust anyone after been poorly advised by amadeu the fast Amadeu goes the better.

But does Chansiri know he's been poorly advised by Amadeu? If he knows he's been poorly advised why is Amadeu still around the club

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Still don't get the obsession with Doyen 

It doesn't even exist anymore

lol

Doyen still very much exists mate, although you do wonder why a business changes its trading name so often. 

14 minutes ago, ANDY said:

God, he's like one of those soppy girls I used to go to school with who'd change their MSN Messenger name to some Savage Garden lyrics they thought were really profound in the hope it would get us to ask if they were OK, isn't he?

If there's something on your mind, Erik, just come out with it already!

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

On Alonso, Chansiri told The Star last month: “He has worked with me for a while now. He started helping me with regards to selling players, and with commercial things. He’s just one of the advisors, nothing special.

“He’s one of my advisors, as well as Amadeu.”

- Sheffield Star (https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/david-downes-amadeu-paixao-piecing-together-how-transfers-work-sheffield-wednesday-3102603%3famp) (a good article by the way, offers a deeper glimpse into recruitment at Wednesday than just Paxo).

So how many players have we sold in the past year thanks to Alonso?