Wise words from Erik Alonso this morning

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

exactly. Chansiri is so so naive that he can’t see this and get rid of him. He really does seem to have a hold over Chansiri. 

totally is so sad - and as per we are the ones to suffer , I just can’t understand why DC keeps

Going to paxo, after years of disastrous decisions

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

All Paxo is after is lining his own pocket, the control he has over Chansiri is pathetic. When will Chansiri learn. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if some of the money coming out DC’s pocket to keep us going was put in there by Paxo. The quality of recruitment that he’s supposedly advising on doesn’t warrant his existence at the club.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If the advisors were brilliant advisors surely they'd be coming up with the same names independently as the best man for the job?

Depends if different managers will make them money. 

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It would be nice if he was public facing. Give him some accountability for his advice. Give him an official role other than an ‘adviser’. 

At the moment he just lurks in the background free from any accountability for the advice he’s offered over the years. He goes to most matches in the exec boxes and has even been seen with the team before a match in the hotel during initiations. 

I’d love to hear from him. Genuinely. DC says he has a lot of experience in the game. I’d love to get to know his history and the experience he has. His silence just creates speculation and controversy. Bloke has been offering advice for almost 6 years and we’ve never heard him speak to the fans or media once. It appears he’s basically the de-facto DOF, so come on DC give him some accountability and lets try and build a better relationship between him and the fanbase.

Great post.

Responsibility without accountability isn't acceptable.

1 minute ago, Bing Cosby said:

Great post.

Responsibility without accountability isn't acceptable.

Exactly. It appears he has a big role in the decision making at the club whether that be managerial appointments or player recruitment. Yet his decisions are never held to account.

He’s clearly quite the influence behind the scenes - so let’s hear what he has to say! He might be a nice genuine bloke, who knows? I’d love an interview with him, get to what he’s about and what he’s doing to try and help the club. It could be a really productive thing to build a dialogue or relationship between him and the fanbase. 

There’s skepticism about his role which is only natural when you appear to have a big say in decisions but no official title at the club other than ‘adviser’. But if there’s nothing untoward going on let’s hear from him and get the fans on his side if he is trying his best for SWFC.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

Nixon suggests we have two advisors each chasing different targets which sounds about right.

Generally speaking whether it’s an agent, advisor or wannabe takeover candidate, when you go public on social media to put pressure on you have already lost. 

Time will tell but after his tweets coincidently combined with Cooks comments on on Friday night there see to be much stronger fan support / pressure to appoint Paul Cook than there was on before that.

Thought at time cooks comments were part of campaign to get the job having an fans on side.

There has obviously been someone else involved in this time as cook not even talked to when he actually applied for the job.

17 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He’s clearly quite the influence behind the scenes - so let’s hear what he has to say! He might be a nice genuine bloke, who knows? I’d love an interview with him, get to what he’s about and what he’s doing to try and help the club. 

He seems pathologically secretive. He was born in 1952 but barring a few mentions of former clients as an agent there’s next to nowt about him on’t internet.

Alonso and his family on the either hand has a massive digital footprint

2 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

He seems pathologically secretive. He was born in 1952 but barring a few mentions of former clients as an agent there’s next to nowt about him on’t internet.

Alonso and his family on the either hand has a massive digital footprint

Yes true a google search and it’s all speculation around his links to Wednesday.

But I’m thinking an interview with our social media team! Something like 20 questions with Paixao. What’s his favourite meal? Who’s his favourite footballer? What’s his perfect Sunday? Let’s get to know the chairman’s sidekick.

lol

39 minutes ago, mogbad said:

The quality of recruitment that he’s supposedly advising on doesn’t warrant his existence at the club.

Beats me how someone can be so bad at their job and yet still gets rewarded.  

In this case, he's so consistently bad it beggars belief.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ronio said:

Exactly why I think he must have some financial tie to the club or DC.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ronio said:

Chansiri always says that he’s always used the same team of international advisors. He’s never been pressed to name them. Sage and Onion may only be the public face of this group, assuming the group isn’t a figment of his imagination

Just now, HarrowbyOwl said:

Chansiri always says that he’s always used the same team of international advisors. He’s never been pressed to name them. Sage and Onion may only be the public face of this group, assuming the group isn’t a figment of his imagination

Its easy enough to find out who stuffing boy has extremely strong links with.