That's me done until DC goes

9 hours ago, s29wfc said:

I have every right to say what I like when I like within reason on a fans forum, If fans choose to stay away and say they're done supporting their club until the owners leaves then that's quite pathetic,  you support your club through thick and thin and not because whether you like the owner or not.

Your right,on second reading my original reply was too harshly worded,i dont agree with your view,but your right you have every right to express it

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

And that’s absolutely fair enough. 42 quid is a lot of money. 

Totally agree outrageous price to ask someone to pay...but the 'happy clapping' from some is deafening......Or he could of course have 'taken it on the chin' .....(laughs....) & continued supporting & paying the 42 quid....what utter nonsense some on here post.......

Ime afraid those who continue to back the current stewardship of our Club come what may,are allegedly part of the problem,not part of the solution....

Will probably need ST sales & renewals to drop through the floor(as allegedly at Charlton) to get the message home & force change....

Some have taken that decision already.........

• Like 2

Guest hirstysfags
10 minutes ago, parajack said:

Totally agree outrageous price to ask someone to pay...but the 'happy clapping' from some is deafening......Or he could of course have 'taken it on the chin' .....(laughs....) & continued supporting & paying the 42 quid....what utter nonsense some on here post.......

Ime afraid those who continue to back the current stewardship of our Club come what may,are allegedly part of the problem,not part of the solution....

Will probably need ST sales & renewals to drop through the floor(as allegedly at Charlton) to get the message home & force change....

Some have taken that decision already.........

I made that decision in March as me and my son walked out at half time against Derby. 

1 minute ago, pioowl said:

Well youve  not been looking or got very poor memories.

I gave a more fulsome explanation of exactly why I see this as worse later in the thread. 
But just for you the summary is:

This period of crap ness comes after spending tens and tens of millions on the failure

We don’t even own our own ground anymore- makes us very unattractive to anyone wanting to take over and is like cutting out our own lungs 🫁 

Previous crap periods always felt like a good owner or a bit of money could sort it. This one feels like we cannot ever get out of it. It’s the hopelessness that kills. 

others have referenced the 70s as being worse but I was 10 at the end of the 70s and my Dad can’t remember if he’s put underpants on this morning never mind football from 40+ years ago. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, dykwim said:

Theres loads of branches on the football side to get stuck into. 

We need to concentrate on the youth setup. Attracting young local kids, finding the gems and then putting them in the first team then sell for decent value at their height of their abilities.  

Local community engagement, sending players/coaches to local schools to attract new young fans. Freebie tickets for school trips etc. 

Community projects to associate SWFC with local good causes. 

We need Sheffielders and the surrounding areas to know SWFC cares about them and wants their support. 

Dont think you would get much support for selling all your best players as soon as they are saleable---actually just had a thought perhaps decent young kids go to Utd because if they get any good they wont have to stay long.?

6 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I gave a more fulsome explanation of exactly why I see this as worse later in the thread. 
But just for you the summary is:

This period of crap ness comes after spending tens and tens of millions on the failure

We don’t even own our own ground anymore- makes us very unattractive to anyone wanting to take over and is like cutting out our own lungs 🫁 

Previous crap periods always felt like a good owner or a bit of money could sort it. This one feels like we cannot ever get out of it. It’s the hopelessness that kills. 

others have referenced the 70s as being worse but I was 10 at the end of the 70s and my Dad can’t remember if he’s put underpants on this morning never mind football from 40+ years ago. 

Like your humour in your last sentence.Chuckled at that. If thats how you feel im sorry but i dont understand the comment about the ground .i e  the owner of the club does own the ground so that  dosnt affect anything in a possible takeover. Hope you and yours have a happy new year.

41 minutes ago, pioowl said:

Dont think you would get much support for selling all your best players as soon as they are saleable---actually just had a thought perhaps decent young kids go to Utd because if they get any good they wont have to stay long.?

You wouldn’t sell ALL of them. Just when the coffers need boosting. 

Think how many players we’ve sold for a decent wedge in the last 20 years. It’s pathetic. 

23 minutes ago, pioowl said:

Like your humour in your last sentence.Chuckled at that. If thats how you feel im sorry but i dont understand the comment about the ground .i e  the owner of the club does own the ground so that  dosnt affect anything in a possible takeover. Hope you and yours have a happy new year.

Thanks mate. Happy new year to you to!

The ground thing is something I see as more significant than others do. I dabble in property development and can see how moving assets into different baskets and decoupling parts of a business that are actually intrinsically reliant upon each other is a potentially dangerous thing. Your assumption that everything is Ok because they are under common ownership might be right but it also might not be. It depends what debts are leveraged against what assets and how the current owner feels about things at the time of disposal. 
I fear for a Cov City situation with us playing at Barnsley or something horrible like that. 

Anyway, I’m not a doom and gloom merchant by nature so an encouraging managerial appointment and a signing or two in Jan will have me happy clapping again in no time I’m sure!

I also like people to have different opinions as me as it makes me challenge my own thinking. Maybe things aren’t so bad. I guess we’ll know in the fullness of time!

Anyway, just to allay any worries you might have, I’ve checked with Dad and he has put pants on today. Specifically his luck ones so a win is guaranteed today!

2 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Thanks mate. Happy new year to you to!

The ground thing is something I see as more significant than others do. I dabble in property development and can see how moving assets into different baskets and decoupling parts of a business that are actually intrinsically reliant upon each other is a potentially dangerous thing. Your assumption that everything is Ok because they are under common ownership might be right but it also might not be. It depends what debts are leveraged against what assets and how the current owner feels about things at the time of disposal. 
I fear for a Cov City situation with us playing at Barnsley or something horrible like that. 

Anyway, I’m not a doom and gloom merchant by nature so an encouraging managerial appointment and a signing or two in Jan will have me happy clapping again in no time I’m sure!

I also like people to have different opinions as me as it makes me challenge my own thinking. Maybe things aren’t so bad. I guess we’ll know in the fullness of time!

Anyway, just to allay any worries you might have, I’ve checked with Dad and he has put pants on today. Specifically his luck ones so a win is guaranteed today!

ok,thanks  dad. What i meant was i dont think any n buyer would buy a club without a ground.

Guest Hornsby

Nixon thinks he wants out so you may not have to wait long.

Combination of Covid and covert abuse to Atty the son may have done him.

3 minutes ago, pioowl said:

ok,thanks  dad. What i meant was i dont think any n buyer would buy a club without a ground.

👍 

Yes. That’s my worry.
Sheffield Wednesday FC and Hillsborough Stadium and now two entities.

We are, I understand, leveraging debt on the stadium.

If DC gets into financial trouble and has to sell us or we go into administration then that leveraged debt can be called in and the Mortgage on the ground means the lender will have first title so can do what they want with the stadium. 

You then can’t realistically get a buyer for the club. Neither the stadium nor the club are going concerns without the other yet they could be in different hands. Potential for a big mess. Anyway, it’s 2021 now so the New Year  me is convinced none of that will happen. 

45 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

👍 

Yes. That’s my worry.
Sheffield Wednesday FC and Hillsborough Stadium and now two entities.

If DC gets into financial trouble and has to sell us or we go into administration then that leveraged debt can be called in and the Mortgage on the ground means the lender will have first title so can do what they want with the stadium. 

You then can’t realistically get a buyer for the club. Neither the stadium nor the club are going concerns without the other yet they could be in different hands. Potential for a big mess. Anyway, it’s 2021 now so the New Year  me is convinced none of that will happen. 

How can we leverage debt against something we don’t own?

If SWFC were to go into admin (I don’t see how this benefits our only creditor so doubt it happening anytime soon) the Sheffield 3 would still own the stadium & and the administrator would still be pursuing them for the scheduled payments. 

3 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

How can we leverage debt against something we don’t own?

If SWFC were to go into admin (I don’t see how this benefits our only creditor so doubt it happening anytime soon) the Sheffield 3 would still own the stadium & and the administrator would still be pursuing them for the scheduled payments. 

Chansiri can leverage debt against the stadium. Then if he gets into financial difficulties the party with first title on the stadium will control that asset. 
The club and the stadium are then under separate control. 

57 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

2 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Chansiri can leverage debt against the stadium. Then if he gets into financial difficulties the party with first title on the stadium will control that asset. 
The club and the stadium are then under separate control. 

I get that but it seems like you were suggesting the club were leveraging debt against the stadium.  

Before he separated the stadium, he could still have secured debt against the stadium and ended up in the same situation. Just like back in the day when the coop had debt secured against the stadium and just like everybody’s bestie Milan Manderic had debt secured against the stadium, except in those cases it was the clubs debt not the owners. 

Just now, kirksandallowl said:

I get that but it seems like you were suggesting the club were leveraging debt against the stadium.  

Before he separated the stadium, he could still have secured debt against the stadium and ended up in the same situation. Just like back in the day when the coop had debt secured against the stadium and just like everybody’s bestie Milan Manderic had debt secured against the stadium, except in those cases it was the clubs debt not the owners. 

Yes. I see your point. It was my sloppy use of ‘We’ in the original answer. 

I think it’s a bad thing that the stadium and club are separated. Do you not think that?

Not reading through the whole thread, but just wanted to comment that I made the same decision as the OP some time ago.  This isn't a "I told you so" boast, but just a reminder that everyone has their own limit to what they will put up with.  

I know quite a few people who just a few years ago were passionate SWFC fans, but the way the club has been run has alienated them. This, coupled with a general lack of interest in football, will make it harder to win these fans back over.  

On a slightly related subject, the money involved in football and the impact of Covid-19 could have some unexpected consequences for football in the medium to long term.  I would not be surprised to see the financial gap between the Premier League and lower divisions widen as many clubs look to operate on a financially sound footing, rather than chasing the dream of promotion.