That's me done until DC goes

5 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

So by withdrawing financial support for the chairman how does that help Sheffield Wednesday football club

It sends a message to the current regime that the fanbase is no longer prepared to shell out money for the JR,Abdi's of this world allegedly on mega money to come here....My own personal decision was to stay away until JR & WW leave....others have different reasons...

Edited by parajack

10 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

This is where the chairman gets it wrong he needs to employ the right people then listen to them

The people that used to take the bookings knew is was overpriced. For the play off semi against Huddersfield it was £275 for a ticket, programme and a roast meat sandwich. Over £1k for me and 3 guests. No thanks. I never enquired again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

You not noticed that swfc deducted 6 points bit at the bottom of the league table?

Of course I have. See my posts in the Graph Thread.

Tell me one thing that aids the club if you withdraw your support.

Remember you can criticise the club all you like. Its the withdrawing support that I find negative.

3 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

Remember you can criticise the club all you like. Its the withdrawing support that I find negative.

Ask yourself the question what have the club done to deserve said support lately?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

Deary me. It's this kind of cap wringing attitude that ensures the club will never change for the better.

Why do you find withdrawing your support negative if it strengthens and stabilises the club long term?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

‘Done with the club’ probably isn’t the right phrase, more done with financially supporting the club 

The chairman may be in the same mindset personally I don't think relegation and a total revamp of the club would be end of the world iv watched third rate football before at Hillsborough 

3 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

People come on a SWFC forum to say their no longer interested In SWFC 😂 

Watch them come back when the tide turns... and it will! 

Who as said they are no longer interested in SWFC?

People come on a SWFC forum to misread a post, and then make up their own assumptions to their own accusations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Grandad
Just now, bladeshater said:

The chairman may be in the same mindset personally I don't think relegation and a total revamp of the club would be end of the world iv watched third rate football before at Hillsborough 

What gives you the confidence that he (or his tea of advisers) are the right people to undertake that restructure?

Genuine question

1 minute ago, Stripes or die said:

Deary me. It's this kind of cap wringing attitude that ensures the club will never change for the better.

Why do you find withdrawing your support negative if it strengthens and stabilises the club long term?

That’s the problem, what benefits will we get as a club from fan withdrawal? I’d hazard a guess at none 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

Please don't characterise me as some supine subservient toady. If you knew me you wouldn't.

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

What gives you the confidence that he (or his tea of advisers) are the right people to undertake that restructure?

Genuine question

Not that confident really but how does people withdrawing funding allow us a chance of re-building the club 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

That’s the problem, what benefits will we get as a club from fan withdrawal? I’d hazard a guess at none 

The benefits depend on your personal perspective. I would rather have a solid, well run, club starting in a lower division if necessary, rather than being at the mercy of the various people/groups we've got/ had running the club in recent years.

I want my club back, a club to be proud of that is passed through the generations.

I have zero interest in get rich quick schemes or the "jam tomorrow" promises of the premiership

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
Just now, bladeshater said:

Not that confident really but how does people withdrawing funding allow us a chance of re-building the club 

By helping to force regime change

Which is more likely. Restructuring under the current Chairman? who seemingly refuses to accept responsibility for nearly all our ills, refuses to accept the requirement for senior staff to run the club

Or under a new regime that will see where we are and knows they must make changes to see a ROI?

3 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Who as said they are no longer interested in SWFC?

People come on a SWFC forum to misread a post, and then make up their own assumptions to their own accusations.

If their no longer going to watch, pay or show any interest in SWFC then their not interested!

This I'm done attitude... Ok feck off!!! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

By helping to force regime change

Which is more likely. Restructuring under the current Chairman? who seemingly refuses to accept responsibility for nearly all our ills, refuses to accept the requirement for senior staff to run the club

Or under a new regime that will see where we are and knows they must make changes to see a ROI?

An ROI is very difficult outside of the Prem, more so with COVID as a factor.