That's me done until DC goes

4 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

The benefits depend on your personal perspective. I would rather have a solid, well run, club starting in a lower division if necessary, rather than being at the mercy of the various people/groups we've got/ had running the club in recent years.

I want my club back, a club to be proud of that is passed through the generations.

I have zero interest in get rich quick schemes or the "jam tomorrow" promises of the premiership

I get what you’re saying, but Successful clubs don’t have their clubs anymore. Look at any club in the PL and tell me their club isn’t at the mercy of investors.

Personal preference, you’re definitely right on that. Lower league football where there’s more inclusion, or higher league football with less influence but you’re nearer the top of the food chain 

5 minutes ago, Grandad said:

By helping to force regime change

Which is more likely. Restructuring under the current Chairman? who seemingly refuses to accept responsibility for nearly all our ills, refuses to accept the requirement for senior staff to run the club

Or under a new regime that will see where we are and knows they must make changes to see a ROI?

Do you  reckon chansiri would give the club away I reckon he would want 200 million so what a few hundred fans withdrawing financial support achieve

31 minutes ago, Grandad said:

if theyre sufficiently worried about the club and its future and want to force the Chairman to leave by withdrawing financial support for him - why does that mean they should forego their opinion?

We are often told by the Chairmans sycophants that we should do something ourselves if we don't like what hes doing. Surely withholding money is one of the very few things we can do if we feel sufficiently strongly about things?

Don't think those two bits really go together lol

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

I get what you’re saying, but Successful clubs don’t have their clubs anymore. Look at any club in the PL and tell me their club isn’t at the mercy of investors.

Personal preference, you’re definitely right on that. Lower league football where there’s more inclusion, or higher league football with less influence but you’re nearer the top of the food chain 

I agree and that's exactly my point. Football as it stands is lost to the fans but more importantly unsustainable.

Again, speaking personally, I support my team passionately but playing in a structure/framework that I fundamentally disagree with. It's not sustainable.

52 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

Mine's on the 12th January - every year - and I'm not going on about it.

That's right, a week on Tuesday. 12 days time - if you don't include today. I'm a Capricorn btw.

Aquarius in the house.

Capricorn suck, what even are you supposed to be anyway? A seagoat? Sounds like sexual experimentation gone wrong if you ask me.

2 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

I did actually go to see the local team with my son. It is great but he asked me to stop so he can go with his mates! Cheeky git! 
Truth is I promised my dad I’d go with him and I stick to it. He’s blind in one eye and 75% blind in the other. 
It’s not a sob story but its how it is. 
I’ll keep on going whatever the circumstances as long as I can. 

Some would say that's a blessing in terms of watching us at the moment!

Hope that doesn't come across as crass mate, my dad was blind but would have appreciated the humour in it.

It's sad to see the infighting between fans that has been drawn out by todays media call. i am with you, I will not stop going while I can afford it and I don't see that stopping will serve any purpose as some have put forward as a motive. 

I can certainly see where the OP in this thread is coming from too though. He and every other fan had every right to request a refund for last season and the way it has been dealt with and continues to be dealt with understandably leaves a bad taste. The club should not be critical of anyone for wanting a refund in this climate.  

46 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

People come on a SWFC forum to say their no longer interested In SWFC 😂 

Watch them come back when the tide turns... and it will! 

Not seen one single post in this thread that has said that,marking your own home work.....

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Hope that doesn't come across as crass mate, my dad was blind but would have appreciated the humour in it.

It's sad to see the infighting between fans that has been drawn out by todays media call. i am with you, I will not stop going while I can afford it and I don't see that stopping will serve any purpose as some have put forward as a motive. 

I can certainly see where the OP in this thread is coming from too though. He and every other fan had every right to request a refund for last season and the way it has been dealt with and continues to be dealt with understandably leaves a bad taste. The club should not be critical of anyone for wanting a refund in this climate.  

Self respect?....not wanting allegedly to be taken advantage of??....all perfectly good reasons....Taking umbrage at some of the Chairmans remarks?....

51 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

People come on a SWFC forum to say their no longer interested In SWFC 😂 

Watch them come back when the tide turns... and it will! 

Why is that a bad thing?

Do you want Wednesday just to be supported by a few hundred hardcore Uberfans who donate their money to a bilionaire chairman to demonstrate how much they love the club?

I don't

I want Hillsborough PACKED to the rafters and bouncing

For me it's about the fans - all of them - every one of them no matter who they are, where they live, how many games they choose to attend or how long they've supported the club.

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

13 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Well said

If the Chairman really wanted to refund the fans in a timely manner he could have done it I'm sure

He could have outsourced the ringing up of season ticket holders to process refunds to a local contact centre (might even have got a club sponsor in return) and got it done in a week or two in the summer.

Easily.

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Totally agree on the refund front. Every one should be given back money for something they haven’t had without ever being made to feel disloyal for asking for it. 

As for my dad, yes, he would find the humour in anything. He even joked that his sex life was better now as he couldn’t see my mum as clearly! Not what any 50year old wants to hear is 80 year old dad say that’s for sure. 

The worst of it was he said the same thing to his grandsons, in front of their girlfriends! One of the lasses looked like she was a bit sick in her mouth. 

He once took the entire family to the match (literally 20+ of us) and got us sat in the family stand section.

At half time the stewards had to come over to him and ask him to keep his language down a bit as some of the other families around us has complained! He’s a nightmare! 

45 minutes ago, Grandad said:

By helping to force regime change

Which is more likely. Restructuring under the current Chairman? who seemingly refuses to accept responsibility for nearly all our ills, refuses to accept the requirement for senior staff to run the club

Or under a new regime that will see where we are and knows they must make changes to see a ROI?

A few thousand season ticket holders will stop going based on how dire the football has become, as happens at all clubs. As our owner has said before, money from supporters covers nothing so I don't see how people stopping spending money on tickets will force him to sell - he says he is open to offers anyway if they are made. 

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Why is that a bad thing?

Do you want Wednesday just to be supported by a few hundred hardcore Uberfans who donate their money to a bilionaire chairman to demonstrate how much they love the club?

I don't

I want Hillsborough PACKED to the rafters and bouncing

For me it's about the fans - all of them - every one of them no matter who they are, where they live, how many games they choose to attend or how long they've supported the club.

Why a few uberfans I know a fair few who will always renew and only one of those who's a member on here owlstalk doesn't really have 1% of our fanbase in my view it never represents a fair view of our fanbase

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Well said

If the Chairman really wanted to refund the fans in a timely manner he could have done it I'm sure

He could have outsourced the ringing up of season ticket holders to process refunds to a local contact centre (might even have got a club sponsor in return) and got it done in a week or two in the summer.

Easily.

I find the criticism of those that have asked for a refund almost as bad as the process. It was a bit subtle and back-handed at first, pointing out the apparent surprise at the high numbers requesting money back and now the message to tell those still owed to be patient - months after they should really have received money back. The owner pointed towards COVID when discussing the finances of the club - many of our fans will have been hit hard by the pandemic and are simply asking for what they are entitled to, even £100 or so might make a fair difference to some, especially at this time of year.