That's me done until DC goes

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

It’s not about expressing no reaction, it’s about expressing reaction through communication. DC has said many times and again today he will speak to anyone regarding the status of the club. Put pressure on that. Withdrawal through iFollow may help bring a few numbers down, but a large percentage are hardcore and love football. Their love of football will take precedence over whatever the chairman is doing rightly or wrongly, because for a lot of people the football is all they care about 

And this is part of a massive problem once you land a chairman that knows you can’t not watch the matches 

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

And this is part of a massive problem once you land a chairman that knows you can’t not watch the matches 

Not me mate but that’s most football fans in general. They’re not gonna stop watching their team because the chairman makes a few dodgy decisions. I’d put yourself in that bracket too no? 

11 minutes ago, Worthing_owl said:

If you wait for DC to leave,  there might not be much left. He is keeping the club afloat.

They dont leave a vacuum.......they leave when their is a buyer.....all Football Chairman keep Clubs afloat,thats the 'gig'  look at Man Utd for what can happen....https://www.90min.com/posts/man-utd-money-paid-glazer-family-bad

9 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Fair enough. I appreciate your stand. 
I’m going to keep going because I refuse to let anyone ruin my Saturdays out with my Dad but have never seen a more pitiful situation for our Football club!

Cretins springs to mind 

9 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

Not missed a home game for 40 years (apart from this year when the ground was closed to fans).

His comments about wanting our refunds and his customer nonsense is the last straw.

He won't get a single penny from me again.

And, I am still waiting for my £280, which for a struggling self-employed Newsagent, is a lot of money.

Happy New Year.

Best way to do it mate, vote with your feet. He'll soon have a shock when the stadium ban is lifted later in the year and barely anyone turns up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dykwim said:

For me, you need two entities within the club.

One with an MD at the top that looks after the business side such as ticket sales, hospitality, sponsorships, advertising etc.

The other to look after the football side of things such as coaches, players, managers, scouts etc with an experienced Director of Football at the top.

The DOF and MD report to the chairman and otherwise run their departments separately and not interfering in each other’s affairs. The MD sets the DOFs overall budget based on revenue from the business side. If the chairman wants to chuck a few Bob at it, he can. But not to the extent the business would be insolvent if it wasn’t for his input. 

Totally agree, this would certainly be my way so long as the DOF doesn’t meddle with 1st team squad & manager, that will never work.

His job is to help support & develop all Playing staff functions within the club & ensure they deliver within budget.

3 minutes ago, Bark1062 said:

Totally agree, this would certainly be my way so long as the DOF doesn’t meddle with 1st team squad & manager, that will never work.

His job is to help support & develop all Playing staff functions within the club & ensure they deliver within budget.

Theres loads of branches on the football side to get stuck into. 

We need to concentrate on the youth setup. Attracting young local kids, finding the gems and then putting them in the first team then sell for decent value at their height of their abilities.  

Local community engagement, sending players/coaches to local schools to attract new young fans. Freebie tickets for school trips etc. 

Community projects to associate SWFC with local good causes. 

We need Sheffielders and the surrounding areas to know SWFC cares about them and wants their support. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
7 hours ago, parajack said:

he isnt stopping supporting,he is stopping going to games or buying Ifollow....there are other ways to continue following your Club....he is making a protest at what he sees....

Ok then. That’s fair enough. Not how it came across that’s all.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
7 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

I will become like many on here (and all over the world), and just follow the club - rather than support it financially.

I still want us to win, and will celebrate when we win, and be upset when we lose - I just won't give any more money to it under the current ownership.

Fair enough mate. Misunderstood what you were saying. Happy New Year!

5 minutes ago, dykwim said:

Theres loads of branches on the football side to get stuck into. 

We need to concentrate on the youth setup. Attracting young local kids, finding the gems and then putting them in the first team then sell for decent value at their height of their abilities.  

Local community engagement, sending players/coaches to local schools to attract new young fans. Freebie tickets for school trips etc. 

Community projects to associate SWFC with local good causes. 

We need Sheffielders and the surrounding areas to know SWFC cares about them and wants their support. 

I recall a time not so many years ago where we was the top club locally for young talent, back in the pre academy centre of excellence days.

Things can change so quickly in football with the right people at the helm.

18 minutes ago, Bark1062 said:

I recall a time not so many years ago where we was the top club locally for young talent, back in the pre academy centre of excellence days.

Things can change so quickly in football with the right people at the helm.

Thats what’s so frustrating. It’s quite easy to turn this around. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Binky Griptite said:

Aquarius in the house.

Capricorn suck, what even are you supposed to be anyway? A seagoat? Sounds like sexual experimentation gone wrong if you ask me.

We're mountain goats, you scaly water dweller. We'd eat you lot for breakfast, if we could be ar$ed climbing down lol

1 minute ago, ChapSmurf said:

We're mountain goats, you scaly water dweller. We'd eat you lot for breakfast, if we could be ar$ed climbing down lol

Say that to my face goatboy, us Aquarius are the Didier Deschamps of the star sign team, you'd be nothing without us.

Only one way to sort this out... You, me and possibly a kebab from the Greedy Greek when it comes to Chap Market, see how smart your mouth is then...

2 hours ago, Bigblueowl said:

Happy clapping.... The word people use for people who take it on the chin and just get on with it! 

Ive nothing to get! It's my opinion... Don't like it fizz off! 

Oh boy.....dont you just love the ******** out of yourself?....take it on the chin? take it up the jacksy more like.....& roll up for more.....

47 minutes ago, Binky Griptite said:

Say that to my face goatboy, us Aquarius are the Didier Deschamps of the star sign team, you'd be nothing without us.

Only one way to sort this out... You, me and possibly a kebab from the Greedy Greek when it comes to Chap Market, see how smart your mouth is then...

You're on fish face.

Do you know the route down from Greno Woods? I can't find Megson to help me out.

Happy New Year btw, you gill wearing sea urchin!