Karen Carney vs Leeds United

Just now, cazzaswfc said:

Seriously???

I guess this is just "banter"

I'll humour you, played at 4 world cups, second highest number of caps earned by an English player, helped massively over the last 15 years to increase the exposure of the women's game.

Does her job 20 times better than a good number of male pundits ......cough Danny Murphy cough

honestly never heard of her but then i wouldnt have if she plays for englands womens team.......i do know who  danny murphy  is ......

• Like 6

Carney gave her opinion based on how Leeds had blown it the year before, the style of play, long season etc, had they had a couple of poor results would mindset have kicked in, history repeated. She suggested that the break helped them (just as it may have helped others)  Jimmy Floyd agreed with her.

Very unprofessional for an official social media account to directly reference this, though the Leeds one does appear to be fun by people with a 14 year olds mentality. Even worst for an owner to back the tweet - seems he has done a u turn.

Strange that Jimmy Floyd isn't getting called a slag or been told to get back into the kitchen....or not.

Carney was doing her job, you may not agree with her opinion, she didn't say Leeds wouldn't have got promoted just that the break may have worked in their favour (as it did for other teams perhaps like Cardiff or Barnsley)

Being Female she's an easy target for the trolls for "bants" 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, torryowl said:

honestly never heard of her but then i wouldnt have if she plays for englands womens team.......i do know who  danny murphy  is ......

I appreciate that a lot of people don't follow women's football, but it's not the first time she's been a pundit. You could have googled her instead of offering the witty "who" if you genuinely didn't know.

Just now, cazzaswfc said:

I appreciate that a lot of people don't follow women's football, but it's not the first time she's been a pundit. You could have googled her instead of offering the witty "who" if you genuinely didn't know.

witty ?.........as for not the first time shes been a pundit she could have been one 20 times and i still wouldnt know who she was .. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, torryowl said:

witty ?.........as for not the first time shes been a pundit she could have been one 20 times and i still wouldnt know who she was .. 

Well, she doesn't know who you are, so I guess you are even.

1 hour ago, mildatheart67 said:

The Leeds Twitter account has 600,000 followers and by tweeting that critism out gives a tacit nod for mouth breathers to do thier worse.

Just no need for it.

As of now there's been no apology and the Tweet is still up

Expect nothing more from the scum. They revel in being nasty ********. 

1 hour ago, cazzaswfc said:

Carney gave her opinion based on how Leeds had blown it the year before, the style of play, long season etc, had they had a couple of poor results would mindset have kicked in, history repeated. She suggested that the break helped them (just as it may have helped others)  Jimmy Floyd agreed with her.

Very unprofessional for an official social media account to directly reference this, though the Leeds one does appear to be fun by people with a 14 year olds mentality. Even worst for an owner to back the tweet - seems he has done a u turn.

Strange that Jimmy Floyd isn't getting called a slag or been told to get back into the kitchen....or not.

Carney was doing her job, you may not agree with her opinion, she didn't say Leeds wouldn't have got promoted just that the break may have worked in their favour (as it did for other teams perhaps like Cardiff or Barnsley)

If that had been Jamie Carragher making those remarks I can guarantee the abuse would have been a fraction of what Karen will have received. What she said might not have been totally accurate, but there are thousands of bigots literally waiting to attack female pundits and that tweet gave them the green light. Scum club. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, helmut_rooster said:

I dont do twitter (thank god) but after a google I found this....is this it?

_116300449_carney.jpg

Yes... That's it.  That's the big sexist...mysoginist... Bullying tweet that was sent after she said Leeds were promoted because of covid(not that it helped them). 

That's what this twitter and media outrage is over. 

Twitter is atrocious. 

3 hours ago, Leeds U from sheff said:

Yes... That's it.  That's the big sexist...mysoginist... Bullying tweet that was sent after she said Leeds were promoted because of covid(not that it helped them). 

That's what this twitter and media outrage is over. 

Twitter is atrocious. 

I think the outrage you refer to is targeted at the people abusing her on the back of Leeds' tweet, not the tweet itself.

There's some merit in discussing whether too much is being made of the club singling out her comments, but that's obviously not the main issue here. It was just the catalyst that gave some morons the idea to show the world how moronic they are.

I think her opinion is perfectly fine. To echo what cazzaswfc has put, it is unprofessional for a club’s Twitter account to put that out. There’s simply no need to be a c0ck about it all and I don’t get these people who run social media accounts for clubs trying to be funny or nasty to others. I’ve seen things like that from Yoonited’s Twitter account on the vile and rare occasion it comes into my feed, but I’m grateful whoever runs that side at Wednesday doesn’t do that.

Now a bunch of tools have attacked her as a result of this. The chairman says sorry for the tweet but that it’s justified. No it isn’t.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Owl Rly said:

I think her opinion is perfectly fine. To echo what cazzaswfc has put, it is unprofessional for a club’s Twitter account to put that out. There’s simply no need to be a c0ck about it all and I don’t get these people who run social media accounts for clubs trying to be funny or nasty to others. I’ve seen things like that from Yoonited’s Twitter account on the vile and rare occasion it comes into my feed, but I’m grateful whoever runs that side at Wednesday doesn’t do that.

Now a bunch of tools have attacked her as a result of this. The chairman says sorry for the tweet but that it’s justified. No it isn’t.

Context. 

Firstly... I hate twitter.  Its the worst of people being horrible people.  Don't say its Leeds fans. I have seen weds fans doing the same(don't dare say not) .  Twitter is atrocious. 

Second.  Leeds twitter always posts something if a pundit gets something wrong. Mot abusive.. Just a reminder.  They do it all the time(gabby anonglahore copped it after saying Bielsa was rubbish and villa would tear them apart.... Leeds won 3 0 and it could have been 8.. Leeds twitter posted a pic of the 3 goals to him).  

Third.  This has blown up because the pundit is a woman. Nothing else.  Pundits take shocking twitter abuse all the time.   

R

Fourth read the actual ledd tweet.  Absolutely nothing in it.  You cannot blame lufc for twitter abuse.... It happens all the time... It's what twitter is.... A.cesspit.

Lastly.  She was speaking utte nonsense.  She began regards Jack Harrison and everything she said about his contract situation was 100% factually wrong.  She was making it up as she went along.  Then on to leeds got promoted due to covid.  Sorry what?. Wining 5 ont bounce without conceding... Playing the best football I've seen... The last thing we wanted was the stoppage.  

She was talking poo .  Got ribbed for it by Leeds like they always do but this time it's different as she is female and that... Is the crux of it. She was going to get pelters if leeds tweeted or not.. Anyone saying otherwise is just not paying attention to twitter for the last ten years (not the worst idea I might add) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

What she said was ok what Leeds tweeted back to her was ok. Just loads of dummies looking for an elevated argument trying to change it to sexism etc

Hate leeds.

But there is nothing wrong with what she said and there is nothing wrong with that tweet.

Just a load of internet fànnies whinging about nothing.

Guest Mcguigan
15 hours ago, cazzaswfc said:

She didn’t say that at all, she said “I actually think they got promoted because of COVID” which of course is rubbish.