Karen Carney vs Leeds United

6 hours ago, McRightSide said:

And how many times in the past has the Leeds Utd twitter account called out pundits for saying this? Because it ain’t the first time it’s been said...

Haha.  They have done it plenty of times.  Check it out.  

Seriously this just highlights its blown up due to it being a woman this time. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Leeds U from sheff said:

Haha.  They have done it plenty of times.  Check it out.  

Seriously this just highlights its blown up due to it being a woman this time. 

Just did

Went all the way back to mid October and couldn’t find a single other example of a pundit’s POV being ridiculed on the club’s twitter account.

The fact is Leeds have aimed tweets at pundits for a long time after daft stuff has been said. 

You are here now, talking about this one purely because they dare do the same thing but this time a 'poor helpless woman' was involved.  

The only sexism here is people like you suddenly up in arms when nobody noticed or cared when it was men. 

10 hours ago, Leeds U from sheff said:

Did you find the one in October? 

I'm simply amazed you were not infuriated by it 😀

Nope

The only one I saw was how it started and how it ended

With it started being agbonlahor saying Leeds fans need to get out of Bielsa’s arse, and the ending being a goal celebration.

Which one didn’t I see?

42 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Nope

The only one I saw was how it started and how it ended

With it started being agbonlahor saying Leeds fans need to get out of Bielsa’s arse, and the ending being a goal celebration.

Which one didn’t I see?

My apologies actually.  I read your comment wrong. I thought you said calling out pubdits(which they do all the time) but you said 'for this'.  

I honestly don't know... But nobody else has said they actually got promoted because of covid.. It's a stupid thing to say.  Leeds were the best team last season by a distance... Hard to say for some but common it was true wasn't it? 

Other pundits have said it could have helped.   

Nobody wanted the stop less than Leeds.... Trust me they were playing electric football. We were on fire and all our rivals were in very poor form.  Our rivals picked up after the break.  

It was a stupid thing to say... Leeds laughed at it.

We wouldn't be having this conversation if it were a man. 

33 minutes ago, Leeds U from sheff said:

Nobody wanted the stop less than Leeds.... Trust me they were playing electric football. We were on fire and all our rivals were in very poor form.  Our rivals picked up after the break. 

Yeah, included in the hall of fame no doubt, mixing in with the below seamlessly. Give me strength!! WTF:

Arsenal (2004) The 'Arsenal Invincibles' went through the entire 2003–04 Premier League season unbeaten.

Milan (1988–1994) 

Liverpool (1984) 

West Germany (1972–1974) 

France (1998–2000) 

Real Madrid (1955–1960) 

Manchester United (1999)

Leeds United (2019-20)

1 hour ago, Leeds U from sheff said:

My apologies actually.  I read your comment wrong. I thought you said calling out pubdits(which they do all the time) but you said 'for this'.  

I honestly don't know... But nobody else has said they actually got promoted because of covid.. It's a stupid thing to say.  Leeds were the best team last season by a distance... Hard to say for some but common it was true wasn't it? 

Other pundits have said it could have helped.   

It was a stupid thing to say... Leeds laughed at it.

We wouldn't be having this conversation if it were a man. 

Not only could I not find them digging out anyone else for this, I couldn’t find them digging out a pundit over anything else.

Hardly ‘doing it plenty of times’ - the only thing that even came close was the response to GA - which in my mind was fair game since he told them to ‘get out a Bielsa’s arse’...and wasn’t even said as a pundit...it was just tweets.

And yes, of course it’s being said because it was a woman - that’s the entire point. Leeds should have known that their vile animals were ready to pounce at any moment...so they gave them a simple tee up and off they went.

Thats exactly my point. 

Leeds should do better.

The irony is whilst traveling through all their tweets there’s stuff about women’s football, community work, condemning Twitter abuse (although not of the abuse they helped to incite)

Empty words, clearly.

42 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Not only could I not find them digging out anyone else for this, I couldn’t find them digging out a pundit over anything else.

Hardly ‘doing it plenty of times’ - the only thing that even came close was the response to GA - which in my mind was fair game since he told them to ‘get out a Bielsa’s arse’...and wasn’t even said as a pundit...it was just tweets.

And yes, of course it’s being said because it was a woman - that’s the entire point. Leeds should have known that their vile animals were ready to pounce at any moment...so they gave them a simple tee up and off they went.

Thats exactly my point. 

Leeds should do better.

The irony is whilst traveling through all their tweets there’s stuff about women’s football, community work, condemning Twitter abuse (although not of the abuse they helped to incite)

Empty words, clearly.

If you can't find them having a go at any pundit... That's your problem.  They have done it many times. 

Again... It's just nobody has ever cared in the slightest..... Until it was a woman. 

If you are arguing on the net have your details right.  If you are that bothered, Check it out and you would accept they have done similar ar with pundits countless times....utsjust not up for debate unless you can't be arsed to check or don't care. 

Crack on though, its perceived the same has happened and now it's a woman and she is desperate for you to intervene......

2 hours ago, Tea Baggins said:

Yeah, included in the hall of fame no doubt, mixing in with the below seamlessly. Give me strength!! WTF:

Arsenal (2004) The 'Arsenal Invincibles' went through the entire 2003–04 Premier League season unbeaten.

Milan (1988–1994) 

Liverpool (1984) 

West Germany (1972–1974) 

France (1998–2000) 

Real Madrid (1955–1960) 

Manchester United (1999)

Leeds United (2019-20)

Where on earth have I compared us to those teams?  Context.  We were on fire prior to lockdown, winning 5 out of 5 without conceding playing superb football.   

Our rivals were all faltering...all of them.

The stop came at a terrible point for Leeds and you would have said exactly the same if it had been SWFC in the same position with all your rivals playing poorly and drawing/losing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leeds U from sheff said:

Where on earth have I compared us to those teams?  Context.  We were on fire prior to lockdown, winning 5 out of 5 without conceding playing superb football.   

Our rivals were all faltering...all of them.

The stop came at a terrible point for Leeds and you would have said exactly the same if it had been SWFC in the same position with all your rivals playing poorly and drawing/losing. 

But I wouldn't frequent a Leeds United fans forum to boast about it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tea Baggins said:

But I wouldn't frequent a Leeds United fans forum to boast about it.

I get sent a message about owt her by a few owls friends... I live near Hillsborough. 

Do I honestly come across as boasting?  Christ I could post all sorts of poo if I was trying to rub it in.... I'm posting in the context of Leeds and the stoppage coming at a bad point for them.  

4 minutes ago, Leeds U from sheff said:

I get sent a message about owt her by a few owls friends... I live near Hillsborough. 

Do I honestly come across as boasting?  Christ I could post all sorts of poo if I was trying to rub it in.... I'm posting in the context of Leeds and the stoppage coming at a bad point for them.  

Don't worry about it. In fact I'm the opposite, I'm a Sheff W from Leeds lol

I'm used to the terrible patter of Leeds fans.

• Like 1

Leeds are pretty childish for even bringing stuff like this up on Twitter.  

Karen Carney needs to brush up on her knowledge though as a paid pundit. We were up in arms about Danny Murphy and Ruud Gullit for talking poo so no reason why Leeds fans shouldn't do the same just because its a female pundit. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tea Baggins said:

Don't worry about it. In fact I'm the opposite, I'm a Sheff W from Leeds lol

I'm used to the terrible patter of Leeds fans.

I've even stuck to the Leeds threads here.. Although I have occasionally posted re Chansiri in other threads...

It's my belief you need him out or you are in big trouble. 

9 minutes ago, Leeds U from sheff said:

I've even stuck to the Leeds threads here.. Although I have occasionally posted re Chansiri in other threads...

It's my belief you need him out or you are in big trouble. 

8 minutes ago, Leeds U from sheff said:

Just to add.. Not like there is much else to do atm anyway. 

I agree on both points

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leeds U from sheff said:

If you can't find them having a go at any pundit... That's your problem.  They have done it many times. 

Again... It's just nobody has ever cared in the slightest..... Until it was a woman. 

If you are arguing on the net have your details right.  If you are that bothered, Check it out and you would accept they have done similar ar with pundits countless times....utsjust not up for debate unless you can't be arsed to check or don't care. 

Crack on though, its perceived the same has happened and now it's a woman and she is desperate for you to intervene......

Literally went back months and found nowt mate

Seems like you’re just a bit sexist really, your last comment gives it away...

48 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Literally went back months and found nowt mate

Seems like you’re just a bit sexist really, your last comment gives it away...

That's sadly how things pan out these days too often.  You have a different opinion so you are racust/sexist or whatever else. 

Women getting the exact ame treatment as male pundits is not sexism. 

Getting hyped up because its a women on the end of it is. 

1 hour ago, Leeds U from sheff said:

That's sadly how things pan out these days too often.  You have a different opinion so you are racust/sexist or whatever else. 

Women getting the exact ame treatment as male pundits is not sexism. 

Getting hyped up because its a women on the end of it is. 

Why do you think a woman is ‘desperate for me to intervene’ then?