Karen Carney vs Leeds United

16 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Why do you think a woman is ‘desperate for me to intervene’ then?

I was being sarcastic.  She probably is embarrassed by all these people coming out 'defending' her. 

Press and do gooders have whipped this up into much more than it ever should have been.  

It's a woman.. How dare they... Let's rush to her defence.  

6 minutes ago, Leeds U from sheff said:

I was being sarcastic.  She probably is embarrassed by all these people coming out 'defending' her. 

Press and do gooders have whipped this up into much more than it ever should have been.  

There you go again, speaking for her...

8 hours ago, Leeds U from sheff said:

Pretty sure the ones giving her sexist and vile abuse have done that.

Without the clip (like others said I can't find details of Leeds taking a pundit clip before and ridiculing) only a few thousand would have been aware, it would have stayed as a debate on message boards and social media. Whilst some abuse by trolls would have happened it wouldn't have been on this scale.

Like companies , Football clubs do have to consider content, how it can be taken, the impact both positive and negative. A mistake happened and Leeds made it worst by actually "backing" the tweet, saying  Carney was "disrespectful". Uncalled for (especially  wit all the inclusive and equality framework clubs have to follow these days) and unprofessional.