Luongo

Great to see him play the full 90 yesterday.

In our first 5 matches he played every minute, and since his recent return Pulis has managed him carefully, playing 62,  70, 90.

He’s a very good player. Works well with Bannan, protects the defence, is physical and ‘professional’ and covers a lot of ground. Very rarely does he lose the ball.

It will be a huge benefit to the team if he avoids further injury. He’d start every game for sure.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Yep no concerns with Massimo. Although I’ve noticed games tend to pass him by when playing at home.

Largely due to how we set up and not playing through the middle 

Nope I’ll look out for that.

Have you noticed how up for it he is when we play his old team QPR? Man possessed.

Pulis should employ a hypnotherapist to persuade him “QPR again this afternoon Massimo”.

• Haha 3

Luongo has been managed well - fitness wise (makes the Westwood thing all the more bizarre) 

Anyway, Pulis mentions Paterson getting goals from midfield but Luongo should be trying too... I think he sometimes he’s suffered from going between defensive and attacking... loving a tackle and being the best at it, but could possibly get forward more. 

I think he’s a decent player. Sure not a worldbeater but when on top form can turn a game and when not at his best still a solid player for us. 
I hope he stays fit and stays playing for us to be honest. 
He’s one of our few saleable assets and I fear we are going to have to raise some funds to get the striker we desperately need. 

Just spotted he’s on 4 yellows.

One match ban after his next.

No big deal. We'll miss him but he’ll need a game off very soon anyway with this schedule. Ideally we want him available for Norwich Saturday, then a few less tough opponents on their way.