Westwood back training with the first team

Just now, @owlstalk said:

He's been frozen out by two managers here, and at International level also - that's three managers freezing out the same player

This is what gives me pause on Westwood and formerly Hutch.

Like both players and id say 3 years ago Hutch was my fave in team, however one manager freezes them out, thats one thing, multiple managers freeze out the same players, I think this points to something more.

I think time has vindicated the decision on Hutch but let's see with Westwood. He starts and plays well, all the better. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

He's been frozen out by two managers here, and at International level also - that's three managers freezing out the same player

Not disputing that. I don't for a minute believe it is coincidence. But I haven't seen anyone put forward a reason why,  just suggestions of there being a reason why that they know but wont express.  Without the reasons (anecdotal of more robust) being presented to fans, some will take a view that he is an awkward arrogant character that a manager should be able to handle. Don't think that is unreasonable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, G-Reg said:

Not disputing that. I don't for a minute believe it is coincidence. But I haven't seen anyone put forward a reason why,  just suggestions of there being a reason why that they know but wont express.  Without the reasons (anecdotal of more robust) being presented to fans, some will take a view that he is an awkward arrogant character that a manager should be able to handle. Don't think that is unreasonable.

A bloke drives three cars

He drives one car - smashes it straight into a wall
He drives the second car - smashes it straight into a wall
He drives the third card - smashes it straight into a wall

Are you saying that you'd let him get into a fourth car  because you didn't know the exact intricate details of why he's crashed the other three cars?

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Are you saying that you'd let him get into a fourth car  because you didn't know the exact intricate details of why he's crashed the other three cars?

You have some reyt trouble with cars me owd..

🤣

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Westwood has a big responsibility here.

I don’t buy in to this proper managers don’t have a problem with him.

He obviously responded in a negative way to Jos and Monk and Pulis won’t put up with any messing about from anybody so I suspect Westwood will behave differently because it’s Pulis as he probably behaved differently with Bruce .

Totally agree mate, although I’m not sure that he can change his behaviour for ever, maybe just initially.

• Like 1

Weird things goalkeepers. Seem to see the game very differently to other players and people.

We had one (Sunday league) and he was a proper door handle. One game we were defending a corner, he was spouting so much nonsense I just lost it with him and cracked him. He fell over and didn't get up for a bit and I got sent off.

That's goalkeepers for you.

• Haha 5

33 minutes ago, Etchesketch said:

Joe Crann of the Star says he has been in touch with the EFL and Westwood can play Saturday. He wouldn't normally I think but we only registered 24 players so had a space available.

Please, I hope we get that written, signed and stamped by EFL officials before we think of playing Westwood, otherwise we're facing another 10 point penalty before we know it.

Anyhow - good to see Westwood given a chance again. But more importantly from the pics from the training field today, massive boost to have Luongo back!

Don't need Pulis to perform again, we just need these guys backlol oh, and of course, Monk gone which seemed to prevent a lot of good things happening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'd investigate to see whether his mechanics were incompetent or whether his vehicle had been tampered with. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Like I said, I don't think him being frozen out is a coincidence and there is a big issue with him.  I suppose, to put it plainly, some people write about Westwood on here seemingly from a position of knowing what the big issue  is and dismiss other people's apparent uninformed views on it, without explaining why they are uninformed.

Who knows the reason, if they do can they explain why they can't say?

• Love 2