Westwood back training with the first team

19 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

This is what I struggle to understand with some supporters. They say Westwood is a “strong” character but I disagree. A “strong” character for me is someone who keeps going, despite adversity, is determined , is a team player, someone who takes knock backs and gets up again.

Someone who just shoots their mouth off and has an opinion, then gives up when dropped is a WEAK person.

If the rumours about Westwood are true, he is a weak person and has been dealt with correctly by the 3 managers who binned him off. They are the strong ones.

Exactly, Westwood can’t keep throwing his toys out of the pram every time we have a manager that he doesn’t like.

The ideal professional would knuckle down, train hard and prove his worth to the club, whoever was manager.

Weatwood evidently didn’t do this - what makes people think he’ll start now under TP ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

Sorry for mocking your hero

Again,I havnt changed my views on monk one iota,even the greatest managers have sackings,sometimes multiple sackings on their CV....hero? I think you & I have different terms of reference on what constitutes a 'hero'.....

Certainly no one in Football for me,would ever fit that category,monk was SWFC manager,& i supported him throughout the difficult position he found his self in. thats it

Edited by parajack
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, parajack said:

Again,I havnt changed my views on monk one iota,even the greatest managers have sackings,sometimes multiple sackings on their CV....hero? I think you & I have different terms of reference on what constitutes a 'hero'.....

Certainly no one in Football for me,would ever fit that category,monk was SWFC manager,& i supported him throughout the difficult position he found his self in. thats it

Monk and greatest managers in the same breath😄🤣

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, poite said:

Maybe Westwood is an experienced player who can see a manager completely out of his depth. Is it a coincidence he's fallen out with the two worst managers in the club's recent history. 

I'm not defending any wrong-doing cos as a professional you should respect whoever the manager is but I think Westwood/Hutchinson and like struggle when a manager clearly hasn't got a clue. 

He'll work well with Pulis I think and I fully expect him back in the net like he was under Bruce. 

Yep that's my take too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sumi Shimamoto said:

It really is a bizarre situation.

If Tony plays him and doesn't seem to have a problem, it would look like the weaker personalities in Monk and Jos are unable to manage the strong personality.

Whereas Carlos, Bruce and potentially Tony can do it.

I'm not sure where Martin O'Neill would fit in to this?

Maybe they think the juice is worth the squeeze?

i.e his personality is worth the performance.

Assuming he does perform and doesn't have a mare like when before Monk dropped him

Edited by Gob_Bluth
Spellings!
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

Exactly, Westwood can’t keep throwing his toys out of the pram every time we have a manager that he doesn’t like.

The ideal professional would knuckle down, train hard and prove his worth to the club, whoever was manager.

Weatwood evidently didn’t do this - what makes people think he’ll start now under TP ?

Because I think he decides whether he likes/ respects a manager and behaves differently depending on his view.

I absolutely don’t believe that Bruce or Pulis will let him get away with certain behaviour that Jos and Monk found unacceptable. Simple answer is he behaves differently.

Then of course there’s the Christmas shoulder which I can’t find on the NHS website 

2 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

Monk and greatest managers in the same breath😄🤣

Yes because irrespective of what you feel they would share similar things on their CV.....really dont see how gloating here is achieving anything TBH....GM has been replaced,it may have been the right thing to do as it seemed he was allegedly in my view becoming disillusioned with the task in front of him....

A new manager,fresh with a good 2 year abstinence from management may be the right choice moving forward....

If he wants it i expect monk to be back in charge of another Championship club....maybe even this season.

Far too many people here making things up. Not one person has provided facts, a quote, or anything to show that Westwood has ever done anything unprofessional.

But that hasn’t stopped nonsense being spouted since Christmas. Embarrassing really when people get confused between their own made up conspiracies and the truth.

1 minute ago, slow83 said:

Far too many people here making things up. Not one person has provided facts, a quote, or anything to show that Westwood has ever done anything unprofessional.

But that hasn’t stopped nonsense being spouted since Christmas. Embarrassing really when people get confused between their own made up conspiracies and the truth.

Equally nobody has any proof it’s the managers fault 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, parajack said:

Yes because irrespective of what you feel they would share similar things on their CV.....really dont see how gloating here is achieving anything TBH....GM has been replaced,it may have been the right thing to do as it seemed he was allegedly in my view becoming disillusioned with the task in front of him....

A new manager,fresh with a good 2 year abstinence from management may be the right choice moving forward....

If he wants it i expect monk to be back in charge of another Championship club....maybe even this season.

I hope he is, will certainly boost our chances of staying up

5 minutes ago, southportdc said:

6 teams in the league have conceded fewer goals than us.

1 team in the league has scored fewer goals than us.

Westwood is our best goalkeeper regardless of why he was dropped, but he's not the solution to our problems. 

I dont think any of our keepers are a long term solution.

Really we just need to focus on staying up this year and then we can make bigger changes.

In the interim the question is which of our keeping options will help win us the most points and give us the best chance of staying up.

I dont know the answer to that but I think it's a good thing that Pulis is considering all of his options.