Westwood back training with the first team

1 minute ago, fpowl said:

I think if you’ve got a resource and you fail to use it effectively yes you blame them 

Jos didn’t use him 

wednesday failed 

bullen Bruce did results improved 

monk didn’t use him 

wednesday failed 

some of the results abs defending too woeful 

it takes a strong man to admit when there wrong and our results wasn’t good enough 

so yes the results fall on the manager 

monk guided us through a transitional period and kept failing who else this to blame? 

Aim higher....

9 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

This is what I struggle to understand with some supporters. They say Westwood is a “strong” character but I disagree. A “strong” character for me is someone who keeps going, despite adversity, is determined , is a team player, someone who takes knock backs and gets up again.

Someone who just shoots their mouth off and has an opinion, then gives up when dropped is a WEAK person.

If the rumours about Westwood are true, he is a weak person and has been dealt with correctly by the 3 managers who binned him off. They are the strong ones.

When has Westwood given up

he got excluded and made to train with the kids 

is he supposed to turn up on a matchday walk on the pitch abs take the gloves off Dawson and wildsmith 

don’t know how you can judge him or is “weakness” by not being allowed to train due to somebody else’s decision 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yes like any manager worth his salt would do. 

Whether Westwood is a bit of an arsehole or not, you play your best players. Pulis will know this because he’s more experienced and wise than the bloke before him.

Maybe Westwood is an experienced player who can see a manager completely out of his depth. Is it a coincidence he's fallen out with the two worst managers in the club's recent history. 

I'm not defending any wrong-doing cos as a professional you should respect whoever the manager is but I think Westwood/Hutchinson and like struggle when a manager clearly hasn't got a clue. 

He'll work well with Pulis I think and I fully expect him back in the net like he was under Bruce. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, poite said:

Maybe Westwood is an experienced player who can see a manager completely out of his depth. Is it a coincidence he's fallen out with the two worst managers in the club's recent history. 

I'm not defending any wrong-doing cos as a professional you should respect whoever the manager is but I think Westwood/Hutchinson and like struggle when a manager clearly hasn't got a clue. 

He'll work well with Pulis I think and I fully expect him back in the net like he was under Bruce. 

I completely agree mate. Fully expect Westwood to at least be back in the squad. 

29 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Yeah...what a f00kin disaster that would be...at least yer man Monk didn't run that risk.

If your going to quote,please dont edit my post to give the appearance of me saying something i clearly didnt.... Your edit gives my post a completely different meaning, as you well know.

I speak for myself,dont change my views,and dont need others to put word in my mouth.

I have stated repeatedly i consider monk to allegedly be collateral damage for the alleged mistakes and bad judgement of others,higher in the feeding chain....

Disagree if you wish..........My view on contracts is that there have been instances where players have played out of their skin prior to their contract ending,only for their form to allegedly dip afterwards,leaving us to struggle,whilst still having to deal with FFP.

GM was SWFC manager,he was never 'my man'...i just supported him in the role,and the job he was trying to do.....I have not changed my view on monk as a manager one iota....he will come again elsewhere.

Edited by parajack

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

There is - get a new keeper that doesn't get 'injured'

lol

So now are you suggesting he faked injuries? Hope not, but if so, where did you get that information? Seems to be a lot of accusations being thrown Westwood’s way on here this year. 

35 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Westwood has a big responsibility here.

I don’t buy in to this proper managers don’t have a problem with him.

He obviously responded in a negative way to Jos and Monk and Pulis won’t put up with any messing about from anybody so I suspect Westwood will behave differently because it’s Pulis as he probably behaved differently with Bruce .

If Westwood can't get on with Pulis, it will severely impact upon his chance of playing at this level for any club in futUre. Nobody would touch him if he fell out with three managers big-time. He might not be young but he will be hungry to prove himself IMO.

This is all pretty simple.

Uncle Tony has seen Wildsmith and Dawson in training for 5 minutes, turned to Bullen and said, 'FFS! Is this all we've got?'

Then Barnacle Bullen has pointed over to the corner where Westwood is sat playing cards with the security guard.

Uncle Tony has shouted over, 'Hey, Westy, get your boots on and show us what you can do!'

Simple.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Incognito Owl said:

What about abdi, didn't chansiri nearly go on a rant about him at a fan forum?

With Jos his nickname in football was The General because of him being strict ect. So with him coming in after carlos, I think he and some players didn't see eye to eye on the rules ect. 

Abdi I don’t know, but he seemed to suggest that he was something to do with him not playing. 

I’m referring to Westwood though - and Hutchinson is the same case - both managerial decisions.

• Thanks 1