Westwood back training with the first team

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

*Knock on Pulis door at the training ground*

"morning Boss - really great to meet you!  You asked to see me?"

"Right Keiran. Great to meet you. Look forward to working with you. Now. I think the best thing for everyone is for me to see you in training, and for you to get back to peak fiitness and sharpness as you've been watching homes under the hammer for the last year. So What I'm thinking is you get yourself up to speed and get yourself fit, and that because Joe Wildsmith has done fantastically well in the last two games, that he could start  on Saturday and you maybe get back into the  swing of things by being included in the matchday scenario again and have a substitute keeper place?"

Screenshot 2020-11-16 at 12.49.01.jpg

"Ahhhh look boss - my shoulder's gone"

Course that scenario has been allegedly acceptable to Westwood previously hasn't it?

17 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

I presume if he's training with the first Team  he must still be ours. Has his contract not run out? Because if so we cannot play him, surely|||||?

He's still under contract until the end of the season, he's just not registered to play yet, but as other posts a few before have said he can be registered anytime.

8 minutes ago, parajack said:

No he isnt registered,and doesnt have a squad number.....Jan earliest,& for me i wouldnt play him,I would sell him,or loan him out,or maybe player exchange/cash for some of the players we need to bring in.

Last thing we want is another 'Brucesk' situation where a players form comes good around contract renewal time,than allegedly falls of the edge of a cliff afterwards..

How many times do we need to see a manager drop a player,& refuse to consider playing them,before we accept there is an alleged issue with said player(s)?...

Rhodes & Westwood need to leave the Club,in order to free up some much needed income....for new signings in my view..

If it were that simple we would have got rid of him in the Summer.

Just now, kobayashi said:

Yeah...what a f00kin disaster that would be...at least yer man Monk didn't run that risk.

monk was never 'my man' I am a SWFC supporter,& want the best for my Club.not a GM 'fan'  Most acknowledge that monk started a turn around of the squad that needed doing.

Personally i think he just ran out of steam,and became fed up,& by the end was allegedly glad to go...Dont blame him myself,probably was going to be too big a job for one manager alone to turn around.

Monk will reappear(as Pulis has) & be a successful manager at this level again,such is the managergoround that is football.

• Haha 1

To be fair to Westwood he’s only been outed by two of the clubs worst managers in history 

do you think that’s because as a player he speaks out about things he believes can be done better and he’s too strong of a character to be managed by these 

either way since his arrival the club performs better with him in the squad than without 

so I’d favour the argument in terms of playing results Westwood should be in the squad 

monks and jos putting him out in the cold and the results under their tenure with Westwood excluded only backs the argument that for whatever their reasoning to excluding him had an adverse effect on the teams results 

either poor judgment or poor management either way they got it wrong 

question is now can Westwood get fit enough to have a positive effect on results 

my guess is yes 

welcome back Westwood hope you prove the “bad attitude” brigade wrong 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

If it were that simple we would have got rid of him in the Summer.

Yes agree,which beggars the Q what has been the issue with this player? wont play him,wont sell him...(cant? wages too much? alleged 'antics' putting off potential buyers?)

2 minutes ago, fpowl said:

To be fair to Westwood he’s only been outed by two of the clubs worst managers in history 

do you think that’s because as a player he speaks out about things he believes can be done better and he’s too strong of a character to be managed by these 

either way since his arrival the club performs better with him in the squad than without 

so I’d favour the argument in terms of playing results Westwood should be in the squad 

monks and jos putting him out in the cold and the results under their tenure with Westwood excluded only backs the argument that for whatever their reasoning to excluding him had an adverse effect on the teams results 

question is now can Westwood get fit enough to have a positive effect on results 

my guess is yes 

Any genuine Wednesday fan,would wish the best for his team.......it is though an easy ask to lay the responsibility of our clubs demise at the managers isnt it?...You really think its only down to Jos & GM?.....

Or were they simply unable to deal with the current S6...dynamics,much discussed & theorised?..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fpowl said:

my guess is yes 

This is what I struggle to understand with some supporters. They say Westwood is a “strong” character but I disagree. A “strong” character for me is someone who keeps going, despite adversity, is determined , is a team player, someone who takes knock backs and gets up again.

Someone who just shoots their mouth off and has an opinion, then gives up when dropped is a WEAK person.

If the rumours about Westwood are true, he is a weak person and has been dealt with correctly by the 3 managers who binned him off. They are the strong ones.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

This is what I struggle to understand with some supporters. They say Westwood is a “strong” character but I disagree. A “strong” character for me is someone who keeps going, despite adversity, is determined , is a team player, someone who takes knock backs and gets up again.

Someone who just shoots their mouth off and has an opinion, then gives up when dropped is a WEAK person.

If the rumours about Westwood are true, he is a weak person and has been dealt with correctly by the 3 managers who binned him off. They are the strong ones.

What a load of cobblers

lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

What's even weaker is suggestions that he should get a starting lineup shirt no matter what he ever does

That's about as weak as you can get

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

What's even weaker is suggestions that he should get a starting lineup shirt no matter what he ever does

That's about as weak as you can get

I'm happy for Tone to give him the once over, if he decides 'no thanks' then it's over.

Got to be worth checking though

We only have 24 registered players (think under a certain age doesn’t count toward the number)

So Westwood, if registered, can play Saturday. I don’t think registering takes long to clear. It’s not like a signing where we need international/FIFA/FA clearance. Just a literal case of registering him as our 25th squad player.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, parajack said:

Any genuine Wednesday fan,would wish the best for his team.......it is though an easy ask to lay the responsibility of our clubs demise at the managers isnt it?...You really think its only down to Jos & GM?.....

Or were they simply unable to deal with the current S6...dynamics,much discussed & theorised?..

I think if you’ve got a resource and you fail to use it effectively yes you blame them 

Jos didn’t use him 

wednesday failed 

bullen Bruce did results improved 

monk didn’t use him 

wednesday failed 

some of the results abs defending too woeful 

it takes a strong man to admit when there wrong and our results wasn’t good enough 

so yes the results fall on the manager 

monk guided us through a transitional period and kept failing who else this to blame? 

• Like 1