Westwood back training with the first team

It really is a bizarre situation.

If Tony plays him and doesn't seem to have a problem, it would look like the weaker personalities in Monk and Jos are unable to manage the strong personality.

Whereas Carlos, Bruce and potentially Tony can do it.

I'm not sure where Martin O'Neill would fit in to this?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, alanharper said:

The rumours that Jos and Monk froze out Westwood and Hutchinson, to the detriment of the team, because they were rubbish managers who couldn't handle spikey characters are almost certainly true. 

I’m talking about the rumours that Westwood gobbed off big time in training at Monk, and faked injury rather than fighting for his place.

But I think you knew these were the rumours that I was referring to😂

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GLOwl said:

I saw in person his last few games for us and he was poor. Thoroughly deserved to be dropped.

I don't disagree with that at all, his performances were definitely below par (people will remember the errors and forget the great saves though).

But when Dawson and the defence was in dreadful form in the early part if the year that's when you bring a player with Westwood's experience back in to try and change things, not exclude him altogether because you don't like him. 

• Like 1

Team for Saturday

Westwood

Lees  Borner Iorfa

Paterson Palmer Pelupessey Hutchinson Reach

Windass 

Nuhui

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Sumi Shimamoto said:

It really is a bizarre situation.

If Tony plays him and doesn't seem to have a problem, it would look like the weaker personalities in Monk and Jos are unable to manage the strong personality.

Whereas Carlos, Bruce and potentially Tony can do it.

I'm not sure where Martin O'Neill would fit in to this?

With Jos I think it was more that he was tasked with bringing through the youngsters rather than him specifically falling out with Westwood and Hutch. Could be wrong though.

I have a bit of a different view on the whole Westwood situation.

Whether he is good enough now or not I'll leave to the manager however if he was frozen out then it doesn't do the confidence of the whole team any good to feel like they're treading on eggshells.

We all want fighters in the team. Not fighters with additional caveats to not disgruntle the manager. 

Just a thought

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I don't disagree with that at all, his performances were definitely below par (people will remember the errors and forget the great saves though).

But when Dawson and the defence was in dreadful form in the early part if the year that's when you bring a player with Westwood's experience back in to try and change things, not exclude him altogether because you don't like him. 

Agree, unless he did something that meant he couldn’t be included. I’m sure players aren’t excluded just for being not liked.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Amazing

It's honestly like dealing with scientologists

Post, not poster 😉

WIthout being presented with any evidence or even anecdotal evidence of what Westwood has done wrong, other than vague intimations, why wouldn't some people think that Westwood hasn't done too much wrong? 

• Like 1

Westwood has a big responsibility here.

I don’t buy in to this proper managers don’t have a problem with him.

He obviously responded in a negative way to Jos and Monk and Pulis won’t put up with any messing about from anybody so I suspect Westwood will behave differently because it’s Pulis as he probably behaved differently with Bruce .

• Like 4

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Chansiri has clearly said that the manager is responsible for who does and doesn’t play

What about abdi, didn't chansiri nearly go on a rant about him at a fan forum?

19 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

With Jos I think it was more that he was tasked with bringing through the youngsters rather than him specifically falling out with Westwood and Hutch. Could be wrong though.

With Jos his nickname in football was The General because of him being strict ect. So with him coming in after carlos, I think he and some players didn't see eye to eye on the rules ect.