England men's fixtures omdt.

15 hours ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Unconvincing and dare I say it, rather boring to watch.

This lot would have been running riot under uncle Bobby Robson. 

For me it's the best group of attacking talent since Beardsley Barnes,Waddle  Gascoigne with golden Boot Lineker up top. Yet we insist on 2 defensive midfielders holding at home against a top 20 side in the world. 

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I don’t rate Howe particularly but he would be a massive improvement on Southgate. Someone where he is on merit not because the old boys at the FA like him

Howe hasn't done anything though, except keep Bournemouth in the Premier League for a few seasons, and get a bank rolled high waged team there in the first place. 

As @SiJ has said, I don't mind Southgate too much, as I can't see anyone better coming in - certainly not an English manager. 

I don't think the foreign coach thing worked either , I don't think Sven or Capello cared enough - it was just a fantastic earner for them. 

All I can see happening is Lampard or Gerrard becoming the next England manager, with a solid coaching team behind them. It's almost inevitable. 

24 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Howe hasn't done anything though, except keep Bournemouth in the Premier League for a few seasons, and get a bank rolled high waged team there in the first place. 

As @SiJ has said, I don't mind Southgate too much, as I can't see anyone better coming in - certainly not an English manager. 

I don't think the foreign coach thing worked either , I don't think Sven or Capello cared enough - it was just a fantastic earner for them. 

All I can see happening is Lampard or Gerrard becoming the next England manager, with a solid coaching team behind them. It's almost inevitable. 

Pretty much.

England job is a completely different kettle of fish to club management.

Southgate is a product of the England set up. Some will see that as a positive; others as a negative.

As we've both said:

Who realistically could come in and do better?

Southgate's record, irrespective of whether one enjoys how we play or not, is solid and he has credit in the bank with the WC 2018 semi.

• Like 1

Oh, and I think Pickford is pretty much nailed onto start.

I can't recall him letting down England and his distribution is levels above the other two.

Problem with Pickford is he seems to get far too worked up (bit like Joe Hart) and then the mistakes start happening.

Howe is a horrible shout. 

Subbing a keeper on for penalties is also a terrible shout. 

As said before I've had my doubts regarding Southgate but in the grand scheme of things he's doing a decent job. Deserves to be judged after the summer.

16 minutes ago, 442 said:

Howe is a horrible shout. 

Subbing a keeper on for penalties is also a terrible shout. 

As said before I've had my doubts regarding Southgate but in the grand scheme of things he's doing a decent job. Deserves to be judged after the summer.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/football/28180956.amp

yeh terrible shout

3 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

This lot would have been running riot under uncle Bobby Robson. 

For me it's the best group of attacking talent since Beardsley Barnes,Waddle  Gascoigne with golden Boot Lineker up top. Yet we insist on 2 defensive midfielders holding at home against a top 20 side in the world. 

The same England team who won 3 and drew 3 in qualifying for World Cup 90 and finished behind Sweden in the group? 

Southgate and bothroyd as the manager of the national side and u21 sums up the FA. 

Pathetic that these 2 with their mesmerising styles are the best that we have. 

I'd prefer to see someone such as Brendan Rodgers or Pochettino as national boss and a positive manager such as Cooper as U21 boss

• Like 1

Southgate is never an international manager. He wouldn’t even make a decent championship manager. He’s clearly got the job because he’s a lovely polite yes man whose tight with the FA. A good poster boy/ambassador 

Can you imagine Southgate in the dressing room with this lot trying to rally them up in a major tournament (WC2018 was different as we played utter tosh) or have the ability to install some tactical nous when we need some imagination or a plan b? He didn’t even have the awareness to bring anyone on yesterday and was luckily bailed out by a set piece 

We won’t win anything with him, I’m almost certain of that 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Southgate is never an international manager. He wouldn’t even make a decent championship manager. He’s clearly got the job because he’s a lovely polite yes man whose tight with the FA. A good poster boy/ambassador 

Can you imagine Southgate in the dressing room with this lot trying to rally them up in a major tournament (WC2018 was different as we played utter tosh) or have the ability to install some tactical nous when we need some imagination or a plan b? He didn’t even have the awareness to bring anyone on yesterday and was luckily bailed out by a set piece 

We won’t win anything with him, I’m almost certain of that 

Hardly sticking your neck out there FO 😂

Predicting we won’t win a major tournament. What evidence do you have? 😂

59 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Hardly sticking your neck out there FO 😂

Predicting we won’t win a major tournament. What evidence do you have? 😂

This team is good enough to compete for a major tournament, but for the reasons I listed I don’t think we’ll do it under Southgate. No evidence, just an opinion mate

48 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

This team is good enough to compete for a major tournament, but for the reasons I listed I don’t think we’ll do it under Southgate. No evidence, just an opinion mate

I was just being sarcastic, because we never win owt.

I fully agree he’s the polite, yes man blazer boy but it’s what we’re going with until at least Xmas 2022.

I think he’ll get us to another semi at least. Winning something is the stuff of dreams, but you never know. 
We might trouble the engraver again after 55 years 😂

Didn't realise Pickford had a stomach injury. Pope wasn't totally convincing and because of that, I can see JP coming straight back in, fitness permitting.

Also, Klopp can't understand why TAA wasn't picked.........

Walker and James having much better seasons perhaps? Trippier in a team top of La Liga maybe?

Do us a favour Jurgen.

Trent has been w@nk this season.

His defending is crap anyway, often masked by his quality on the ball and his ability going forward.

The latter hasn't been up to scratch (often enough) this season either.

We have incredible depth in his position too.

Classic Klopp though. The same type of manager to cry about international duty and fatigue until it doesn't suit him. Pratt.

• Like 1