England men's fixtures omdt.

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

Trent has been w@nk this season.

His defending is crap anyway, often masked by his quality on the ball and his ability going forward.

The latter hasn't been up to scratch (often enough) this season either.

We have incredible depth in his position too.

Classic Klopp though. The same type of manager to cry about international duty and fatigue until it doesn't suit him. Pratt.

Klopp has dropped Alexander Arnold a few times this season but when England do it somehow he thinks it is a massive mistake.

As you say defensively he is suspect, one of the best full-backs in the world going forward in the past couple of years but all his attacking stats are down significantly this season. For Liverpool he usually plays for a dominant team who are constantly on the front foot, international football is not like that and he needs to have more defensive responsibility. He was out of the last squad on form, if he finishes the season well he will likely earn his place back. 

27 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Klopp has dropped Alexander Arnold a few times this season but when England do it somehow he thinks it is a massive mistake.

As you say defensively he is suspect, one of the best full-backs in the world going forward in the past couple of years but all his attacking stats are down significantly this season. For Liverpool he usually plays for a dominant team who are constantly on the front foot, international football is not like that and he needs to have more defensive responsibility. He was out of the last squad on form, if he finishes the season well he will likely earn his place back. 

If he’s such an ineffective defender, why have him at right back?

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

If he’s such an ineffective defender, why have him at right back?

We didn't - he was dropped! 

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

lol

No i mean is it the best position for him 

He has played midfield earlier in his youth career but for Liverpool he is usually very effective as a full-back as they don't have much defending to do in the majority of their games and their full-backs provide the width. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

He has played midfield earlier in his youth career but for Liverpool he is usually very effective as a full-back as they don't have much defending to do in the majority of their games and their full-backs provide the width. 

I think them steamrolling everyone has run it's course now. I think they should look to play him somewhere he won't be a liability 

9 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I think them steamrolling everyone has run it's course now. I think they should look to play him somewhere he won't be a liability 

His stand out feature (usually) is his crossing ability though. Liverpool aren't likely to change from an attacking front 3 who cut inside, to playing wingers who cross the ball anytime soon so attacking full-back is going to be his position. 

Both him and Robertson are in that Liverpool team due to their attacking exploits. For a couple of seasons, they were pretty much the main attacking creative outlet in the side, making up for the fact that Liverpool's midfield is more workmanlike than creative.

Neither is particularly good in one on one situations and Trent in particular is often prone to switching off defensively. It's not so bad when you've got Van Dijk sweeping up after you, but he's been missing and Liverpool's general level of performance has dropped off massively too.

With England, we don't have the luxury of a Van Dijk and the team isn't set up the same way. As a result, Trent has to adapt and I'm not sure he's really done that yet for England. Can anyone think of a standout display for him in an England shirt? I can't.

Couple that with poor form domestically and the fact we are massively over stocked at right back, and you can see why he's not been called up.

The Carragher v Neville debate on TAA was interesting. Thought as usual Neville came over well and Carragher like a teenager convinced the world has it in for Liverpool. 

Agree with a lot of what Neville said, but would personally still take TAA, more as a wingback/RM option in knock out stages 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fudge27 said:

The Carragher v Neville debate on TAA was interesting. Thought as usual Neville came over well and Carragher like a teenager convinced the world has it in for Liverpool. 

Agree with a lot of what Neville said, but would personally still take TAA, more as a wingback/RM option in knock out stages 

He's too good not to be there. My issue is him not being in the squad. 

28 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

He's too good not to be there. My issue is him not being in the squad. 

I agree. I could see him on the right off a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 depending on the opposition. 

I'd take him as 3rd RB

James

Trippier

TAA 

Would  be my 3

KW switches off too many times for my liking at the very top level 

1 minute ago, fudge27 said:

I agree. I could see him on the right off a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 depending on the opposition. 

I'd take him as 3rd RB

James

Trippier

TAA 

Would  be my 3

Awkward one, I really think we should have AWB's defensive skill on hand

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

Awkward one, I really think we should have AWB's defensive skill on hand

Hmm personally think AWB is 5th in line atm, maybe by the time Qatar comes he could have moved passed Trippier and Walker but don't think I'd have him over James or TAA atm

• Like 1

Just now, The only way is S6 said:

Experience & speed though with KW? 

Think Trippier is a better experienced option, James is the best of the lot all round imo and TAA is best attacking option. 

They're my 3 unless something drastically changes in form/injuries seasons end 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fudge27 said:

Hmm personally think AWB is 5th in line atm, maybe by the time Qatar comes he could have moved passed Trippier and Walker but don't think I'd have him over James or TAA atm

I just think we have enough in attack that we could do with the extra defensive minded player, AWB

Just now, The only way is S6 said:

Wasn't there on current form. 

We are spoilt for choice on the right. Luckily.

He wasn't picking him when he was on amazing form

4 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

I'd take him as 3rd RB

James

Trippier

TAA 

Would  be my 3

Walker will likely make the squad due to him being able to play as a centre-back in a 3 as well as at right-back. 

Alexander-Arnold showed his capabilities in a nutshell in 2 games this week. Sublime crossing ability against Arsenal followed by rank bad defending against Real. He'd be useful at the Euro's against teams we are expected to attack against and beat like Scotland but if we go further in the competition we need better defenders as our centre-backs aren't the best in the world, nor is our keeper.