England men's fixtures omdt.

We’ve got untold amounts of attacking talent yet, set up with a negative mindset from the off.

Kalvin Phillips should be nowhere near the England team. Miles away from being an international footballer. 

Harry Kane needs to learn to stand still and, stop chasing the ball. Hinders absolutely everything we do because, when the likes of Foden pick the ball up, there’s nobody to play it to.

• Like 4

Got a bit lucky tonight. Was in total control then Stones ballsed it up and then we struggled to get going again. Fair play to Stones for the assist for Maguire but while ever Southgate persists with 2 defensive midfielders we’re not going to be as successful as we could be?

2 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

We’ve got untold amounts of attacking talent yet, set up with a negative mindset from the off.

Kalvin Phillips should be nowhere near the England team. Miles away from being an international footballer. 

Harry Kane needs to learn to stand still and, stop chasing the ball. Hinders absolutely everything we do because, when the likes of Foden pick the ball up, there’s nobody to play it to.

Kane only needs to come deep for England against top sides when he'll have the likes of Rashford and Sterling to run in behind, against opposition that sit behind the ball stay up top and allow creative players the space to play.

30 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

If Lewandowski had played tonight I reckon Poland would have won.

I agree, the confidence his presence would give that team, let alone his individual ability, would make it a totally different game.

Main problem again for me is the overplaying and poor decision making when we get near the opposites goal. Sterling the main culprit, but he wasn't the only one.

As for Rice and Phillips,  they will have tougher games to prove their worth. With the three we have played, they just seem a bit unnecessary.  I have a blind spot with Rice, I just don't notice him on the pitch at all. 

I've no confidence that we will achieve anything and i can see a flop at the euros. Southgate isn't helping but this squad isn't capable of competing. Yes we have got some decent forward talent now but we have no one of note at the back, i don't rate any of our keepers at this level or our central midfielders. When up against genuine world class players we are going to struggle.

• Like 1

It just appears as if people like to moan about England as they are an easy target, three games nine points. As I was listening to the game I thought that he wasn't making subs as he wanted to see how the players on the pitch reacted to the situation to see if they could stick it out and get the win.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 0wl18 said:

Yep, he spent more time on the left wing than up top. Sterling ended up spending more time as cf than Lane did. 

The problem for me  is we've so much pace around kane, so when he drops deep and plays a bit like Rooney used to chasing people down in his own half he gets left behind play. 

If we play one up top, we actually look better with lewin as he plays as an orthodox cf. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, eightbelow said:

It just appears as if people like to moan about England as they are an easy target, three games nine points. As I was listening to the game I thought that he wasn't making subs as he wanted to see how the players on the pitch reacted to the situation to see if they could stick it out and get the win.

You do that in friendlies not Qualifiers.

Southgate has probably got off the hook tonight with that late goal but that second half was a concern for me against a side missing their star player and some others...let's hope some of the things are ironed out!

1 hour ago, eightbelow said:

Tbf, England cruising through a qualifying group is hardly a shock. 

Bar 2008, we pretty much get through to every major tournament, helped massively by the fact we are usually in pretty easy groups with perhaps one other half-decent team. 

Who is the best team in this group aside from England? 

Hungary? Poland? 

People are critical because we don't play particularly well under Southgate (haven't really done so for years) and then we will inevitably blow it at the actual tournament when we come up against anyone mildly good. Always the same. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

You do that in friendlies not Qualifiers.

Southgate has probably got off the hook tonight with that late goal but that second half was a concern for me against a side missing their star player and some others...let's hope some of the things are ironed out!

I agree pal, much easier on the ticker to do it in a friendly but what does that really tell you, that under no real pressure your team can react.  I think they deserve some credit for taking their foot off the gas and being able to up the tempo again against a team who were more than motivated to hang on for a point in a WC qualifier.

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

Tbf, England cruising through a qualifying group is hardly a shock. 

Bar 2008, we pretty much get through to every major tournament, helped massively by the fact we are usually in pretty easy groups with perhaps one other half-decent team. 

Who is the best team in this group aside from England? 

Hungary? Poland? 

People are critical because we don't play particularly well under Southgate (haven't really done so for years) and then we will inevitably blow it at the actual tournament when we come up against anyone mildly good. Always the same. 

I disagree to some extent as the only thing that counts in international football is the result, I am sure we would all like to see them play well but I want them to win above all else. I agree that they should cruise this group and at the moment they are while some of the other 'bigger' teams aren't having it all their own way.

• Like 1