Tony Pulis previous comments on how Championship clubs should be built

Guest whowantstoberich

I think there is going to be a lot of panic buying of humble pie next year when we are in the play offs with Pulis in charge!

Just now, whowantstoberich said:

I think there is going to be a lot of panic buying of humble pie next year when we are in the play offs with Pulis in charge!

If you look at it - every single tiny shred of evidence (whether it be Pulis record, our spending ability, our squad etc) points to that not being possible

lol

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

If you look at it - every single tiny shred of evidence (whether it be Pulis record, our spending ability, our squad etc) points to that not being possible

lol

Let's wind the club up then ...fizz it..we can all go and support Leeds...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, One De Bilde said:

Thought you would be backing the manager. Very disappointing 

I am and will do until he leaves

It makes no difference either way - my views are totally irrelevant to anything and certainly don’t impact on anything or anyone else and certainly don’t change if he’s manager or not or successful or not 

Owlstalk Shop

What managers need to understand is that we fans don't have the expectation that it will transform overnight. With every failed manager we've had since 2016 we've been told "it won't change overnight". 4 years later we're in a worse position year after year. 

Giving someone the job for 18months and then sacking them leads to the whole thing again. Another manager and another reset of the expectations. 

We know it won't change overnight, but sometime in the near future would be nice 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, poite said:

What managers need to understand is that we fans don't have the expectation that it will transform overnight. With every failed manager we've had since 2016 we've been told "it won't change overnight". 4 years later we're in a worse position year after year. 

Giving someone the job for 18months and then sacking them leads to the whole thing again. Another manager and another reset of the expectations. 

We know it won't change overnight, but sometime in the near future would be nice 

All our managers apart from Bruce followed the exact the same trend -- everything seemed to click at first but then something (Christmas?) happened. And once it starts to happen, at Wednesday it's unstoppable. Here's hoping that Pulis can avoid that curse. And no, I'm not hoping that we'll be crap right from the start.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FinnishOwl said:

All our managers apart from Bruce followed the exact the same trend -- everything seemed to click at first but then something (Christmas?) happened. And once it starts to happen, at Wednesday it's unstoppable. Here's hoping that Pulis can avoid that curse. And no, I'm not hoping that we'll be crap right from the start.

He certainly shouldn’t give the players Christmas Day off.  A nice run through Grenno Woods should sort them out!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, FinnishOwl said:

everything seemed to click at first but then something (Christmas?) happened. And once it starts to happen, at Wednesday it's unstoppable. Here's hoping that Pulis can avoid that curse.

I’ve always said that our players don’t play for a full season... basically they ‘down tools’ somewhere along the way. 

• Like 2