OFFICIAL - TONY PULIS APPOINTED SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MANAGER

1 minute ago, Liam_Baggies said:

It’s a good solid appointment - he will leave the club in a better position than he found it. It will also be a more attractive proposition to potential managers than it currently is.

The football is boring, it is regimented but it is a case of needs must.

Folk may accuse it of being short term but you cannot start building something when you’re scrapping for your lives to stay in the division.

Let Pulis keep you up - clear out the dead wood - and allow the club a reset button in 18 months time on a stable, solid footing.

As long as that’s soon, so be it. Pulis out

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

They don't have better football records mate.

Recent or not.

Cook - 2014 promoted (champions GF 71) 2015 play-offs (GF 68) , 2017 promoted (champions GF 79) 2018 promoted (champions GF 89)

Lowe -  2018/19 promoted (GF 82), 2019/2020 promoted (GF 61) 

Pulis ? ? ? 

Just now, rickygoo said:

Chelsea didn’t go out with the intention of kicking players up in the air and play for throw ins like a rugby team would.

No, they didn't.

But Stoke did stop up in the PL for several years largely in part due to the work Pulis did. He also kept Palace up too.

You may have not liked the man's approach, but to dismiss his success there is somewhat insincere.

Just now, SiJ said:

No, they didn't.

But Stoke did stop up in the PL for several years largely in part due to the work Pulis did. He also kept Palace up too.

You may have not liked the man's approach, but to dismiss his success there is somewhat insincere.

I haven’t dismissed anything. I am simply sick of paying good money to watch poo . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

They/we still do 

Who did you actually want though?

Given who you support, I'm always somewhat astounded at the level of football snobbery.

You support Sheffield Wednesday, not Barcelona.

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Those throwing their toys out probably wanted a managerial change.

At the end of the day, I don't think there was an outstanding candidate who was available and who we could realistically get.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mighty0wls said:

What the bleeding heck is anti football 

Over the course of 10 seasons with Stoke City, Crystal Palace and West Brom, Pulis has been manager for 321 Premier League games and seen his team score only 319 times – 157 of them via set pieces. In all but one of those seasons, the team that Pulis was in charge of registered the fewest number of passes in the division.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Who did you actually want though?

Given who you support, I'm always somewhat astounded at the level of football snobbery.

You support Sheffield Wednesday, not Barcelona.

Yes, I might have to reassess that. Seriously though, it’s not snobbery, Pulis is a purveyor of dog poo football. Who did I want,? Several candidates were interesting, but of those mentioned, probably my choice would have been Pearson

19 minutes ago, Liam_Baggies said:

It’s a good solid appointment - he will leave the club in a better position than he found it. It will also be a more attractive proposition to potential managers than it currently is.

The football is boring, it is regimented but it is a case of needs must.

Folk may accuse it of being short term but you cannot start building something when you’re scrapping for your lives to stay in the division.

Let Pulis keep you up - clear out the dead wood - and allow the club a reset button in 18 months time on a stable, solid footing.

Exactly. Thanks for coming on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

Chelsea didn’t go out with the intention of kicking players up in the air and play for throw ins like a rugby team would.

The throw in admittedly was a weapon, almost unique to Stoke at that time.

The system. The defensive solidity and spoilinig tactics. Quick direct breaks and bursts using a powerful fast forward.

So many similarities.

If you don't see any other similarities there's nothing more I can say.