OFFICIAL - TONY PULIS APPOINTED SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MANAGER

Guest Therealrealist

I quite enjoyed megsons type of football..no fannying about..get it in mixer..passing/possession type football can be tedious..hated watchin peps Barcelona..5000 passes to get to box..what’s the point??

Just now, @owlstalk said:

True

But lets' also look at some of his quirks

He kept Stoke City up but how did he do it?

He also paid £10million for a 30 year old Peter Crouch

When he got sacked he'd won only four out of 23 league matches

He spent 80 million pounds in 5 years - only Chelsea and Manchester City spent more - let that sink in

He also signed  a 32/33 year old Michael Owen who everyone knew was finished at the time

so he took a club from the depths of the second tier kept them in the prem for 6 years  on 80 million quid ....what did stoke receive in the years he kept them there  400, 500, 600, million ?

7 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I think you're jaded.

I don't blame you.

There was about a dozen games under Carlos where we had runners everywhere going forward usually with Hooper leading the charge.

It was thrilling and ruinously expensive.

It's not going to be repeated anytime soon Ricky..

I also have mates who are Boro fans. They told me Reach was OK but not a world beater. They told me Rhodes was shot. They told me Monk was poor. And they told me Tony Pulis plays the most boring football they’ve ever seen - and they’ve watched Karanka’s teams - and watching Boro under him, win, lose or draw was draining. And this was before he was anywhere near the Wednesday job. 

Just now, rickygoo said:

I also have mates who are Boro fans. They told me Reach was OK but not a world beater. They told me Rhodes was shot. They told me Monk was poor. And they told me Tony Pulis plays the most boring football they’ve ever seen - and they’ve watched Karanka’s teams - and watching Boro under him, win, lose or draw was draining. And this was before he was anywhere near the Wednesday job. 

That's what fans say..all the time.

At every club.

My point was more that the money's dried up.

3 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Yep bang on. I have family who are Boro fans and so watch a lot of their games.

Everything above is accurate.

• Like 1