OFFICIAL - TONY PULIS APPOINTED SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MANAGER

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

That's what fans say..all the time.

At every club.

My point was more that the money's dried up.

These fans have been bang on. 

It isn’t that I’m jaded. It’s that I enjoy the brighter side of football. Everything Pulis doesn’t stand for. Every managerial change we have a chance to embrace something new. I see it as a wasted opportunity. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

True

But lets' also look at some of his quirks

He kept Stoke City up but how did he do it?

He also paid £10million for a 30 year old Peter Crouch

When he got sacked he'd won only four out of 23 league matches

He spent 80 million pounds in 5 years - only Chelsea and Manchester City spent more - let that sink in

He also signed  a 32/33 year old Michael Owen who everyone knew was finished at the time

I think he'll definitely keep us up

I think he'll definitely bore us to death

I think fans celebrating his arrival will soon be moaning about the football

Next season I hope he leaves and a new guy comes in to kick us on

In fairness, 10 million for Peter Crouch was an absolute steal for what he brought to Stoke.

Just now, rickygoo said:

I also have mates who are Boro fans. They told me Reach was OK but not a world beater. They told me Rhodes was shot. They told me Monk was poor. And they told me Tony Pulis plays the most boring football they’ve ever seen - and they’ve watched Karanka’s teams - and watching Boro under him, win, lose or draw was draining. And this was before he was anywhere near the Wednesday job. 

i thought paul jewell was crap ....wigan fans think differently , .....i thought atkinson was good , forest fans think differently .......loved big jack  newcastle boo'd him out the club  , ....i could go on for ever more ......you cant be that naive to view someone because supporters of other clubs dont rate him 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Bruce is unobtainable.

Pearson has always been 100% clear - he lives in Sheffield, he wants to continue living happily in Sheffield - he has zero interest in ever managing a Sheffield club.

McCarthy is under contract elsewhere.

But yes, I’d have been happy with those too.

Although, I think it’s rounduns to say that any of them play decent football- they play effective football.

They were from your list mate

I've been saying.. rightly or wrongly... that our team hasn't got any dog in it.

It's a crude phrase I know but it's a tough division we're in and I think we haven't been tough enough.

I've accepted a few pelters for saying that BB isn't right for us.

He isn't. 

Pulis will offload him him I think and it is the right time.

3 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

Pulis is the best we could have hoped for

Hate this argument. It’s lazy and assumes that only one man , playing one brand of football can keep us up. It’s nonsense. 

Cook, Lowe, Wagner, Cowleys would have kept us up by playing a more positive and enjoyable brand of football than Pulis. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i thought paul jewell was crap ....wigan fans think differently , .....i thought atkinson was good , forest fans think differently .......loved big jack  newcastle boo'd him out the club  , ....i could go on for ever more ......you cant be that naive to view someone because supporters of other clubs dont rate him 

Pulis is about boredom. Indisputable. You either admire that or you don’t. 

Just now, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Hate this argument. It’s lazy and assumes that only one man , playing one brand of football can keep us up. It’s nonsense. 

Cook, Lowe, Wagner, Cowleys would have kept us up by playing a more positive and enjoyable brand of football than Pulis. 

Cook, hated by Wigan fans,

Lowe, up and coming and might have worked

Wagner, got Huddersfield promoted through the play offs without winning a game in normal time

Cowleys, well look what they did at Huddersfield  😂😂

so from that list there is Lowe, who is already employed.

7 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

These fans have been bang on. 

It isn’t that I’m jaded. It’s that I enjoy the brighter side of football. Everything Pulis doesn’t stand for. Every managerial change we have a chance to embrace something new. I see it as a wasted opportunity. 

Yes I understand.. I do.

We're really not in a position to be playing attractive football as things stand because we simply don't have the players to do it.

I do share your frustration tho..

Good luck to him. Hope he's a success. Can't say he was one of my preferred choices or that he excites me as an appointment. Hopefully he's still got it. He didn't do that well in his last stint in the Championship, hopefully he'll do better here.

It feels like a desperate short sighted appointment to be honest but he's done it before at this level a long time ago and he's held his own solidly in the top flight fit for a number of years.

I'd have preferred a Bruce type appointment or a more forward thinking appointment of a manager on the rise but let's hope Pulis proves his doubters, some of us and myself wrong. 

Edited by The Night-Owl

Guest FoxOwl12

It's bloody hard work being a Wednesday supporter innit. You never know what they will throw at us next. My missus has turned her hearing aid off.

Just now, The Night-Owl said:

Good luck to him. Hope he's a success. Can't say he was my choice or that he excites me as an appointment. Hopefully he's still got it. He didn't do that well in his last stint in the Championship, hopeful he'll do better here.

It feels like a desperate short sighted appointment to be honest but he's done it before at this level a long time ago and he's held his own solidly in the top flight fit for a number of years.

I'd have preferred a Bruce type appointment or a more forward thinking appointment of a manager on the rise but let's hope Pulis proves his doubters, some of us and myself wrong. 

Good post.

If true about a long contract .. no.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Night-Owl said:

Good luck to him. Hope he's a success. Can't say he was my choice or that he excites me as an appointment. Hopefully he's still got it. He didn't do that well in his last stint in the Championship, hopeful he'll do better here.

I too hope he does well. I’m dreading it but fingers crossed. I fear amongst many fans he’ll start with very little goodwill if things go ******** up. Chansiri’s choice. 

• Thanks 1