Pulis in before the weekend

9 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

The money that Pulis will get from this club is sickening. If and when we have to sack him imagine the pay off from a 2.5 year contract. Chansiri never learns. Shambles. 

You don't know the terms of the contract maybe there's a clause in there regarding termination it could be next to nothing

5 hours ago, the monk said:

I'm not sure it will split the fan base ,at the moment everyone are just expressing their opinions .

If he does get appointed 99% will want him to win every game .

I also think that should he do well and we can actually see a solid way of playing ,not many will be wanting him to move on at the end of the season

I want/wanted Pearson by the way 

Fair point mate, I think Pearson is a non- starter though.

6 hours ago, striker said:

Whether top managers or not we don't know, but by DC's own admission managers are queing up.

I really do not see the rationale for bringing in a manager when everyone almost universally accepts that manager will need to be replaced in a few months at the end of the season with a 'better', 'classier', ''long term' manager. 

We have 35 games to go, only one win from safety, we are not that desperate.

What people are accepting in Pulis is the most god awful football you've ever seen, a thousand times more negative that the manager we've just binned for being negative and one who we're going to have to pay twice as much for. We are talking Bruce level wages.

If he's given a transfer window, what do you think the new classier manager is going to do with cloggers he will bring in?

He's not needed in the short term and not the answer long term, in short the wrong appointment. If this goes ahead, Wednesday will once again snatch defeat from the jaws of victory and pass over opportunity to advance the club. 

Managers queue up for every job in this division, it doesn’t mean they’re any good.

3 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Managers queue up for every job in this division, it doesn’t mean they’re any good.

Agree, but we're now about to appoint someone who was not good enough when we chose Monk over him  last time.

Edited by striker

3 minutes ago, striker said:

Agree, but we're now about to appoint someone who was not good enough when we chose Monk over him  last time.

Genuine question - how far along did negotiations get with Pulis last time? I remember being under the impression that the choice came down to Monk or the Cowley brothers.

1 minute ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Genuine question - how far along did negotiations get with Pulis last time? I remember being under the impression that the choice came down to Monk or the Cowley brothers.

Don't know. He's been touted by Paxo for a while. If he's such a good fit in DC's eyes why didn't we appoint him before, especially as it took us 3 months or so to appoint Monk last time. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

The money that Pulis will get from this club is sickening. If and when we have to sack him imagine the pay off from a 2.5 year contract. Chansiri never learns. Shambles. 

These days managers contracts tend to have a clause that gives them about 75% of a years salary if they are sacked mid contract.

15 minutes ago, striker said:

My understanding was that Pulis was his first choice last time but DC was put off by negativity from the fans so he went with Monk instead. Maybe he's thought "I didn't get my first choice last time & it's not worked out so this time it's my way".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, rickygoo said:

It's irrelevant if we aren't at the games. It's not whining any more than you're brown-nosing.......

Brown nosing, guess you would need to explain that one to me. Are you fully qualified in it?

All the whining before anyone has even been appointed  is just so boring.

• Like 1