Pulis in before the weekend

17 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I can see the sense of brining in a very experienced manager to steer us away from relegation, but support wouldn't have been the word I'd have  chosen.  

Would like to think DC would get an up and coming manager with a couple of decent entries on their CV for next season.

If Pulis gets us to the edge of the plays off or hovering around that area, would DC and more fans be inclined to keep him on?  

Why do we need to get one manager to steer us 3 points out of the relegation zone, then another manager at the end of the season?

Its mental and to go through all this again next year is draining - the last time round with Monk the pickings were abysmal, there are some good names to choose from this time round and yet we’re going with someone off the merry go round again. 

We don’t need Pulis, we need someone long term - another decent manager can move us up the league in 2/3 wins as well - it was Monk who has caused this mess and terrible form.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Why do we need to get one manager to steer us 3 points out of the relegation zone, then another manager at the end of the season?

Its mental and to go through all this again next year is draining - the last time round with Monk the pickings were abysmal, there are some good names to choose from this time round and yet we’re going with someone off the merry go round again. 

We don’t need Pulis, we need someone long term - another decent manager can move us up the league in 2/3 wins as well - it was Monk who has caused this mess and terrible form.

Well top managers are not actually queuing up down Penistone road are they.  We need someone who's going to stabilise the club, get them to a position where they're bordering on a playoff position......maybe even get promotion.  It probably wont be pretty football but will certainly attract a more "classier" managers attention for the future.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, longreach said:

Well top managers are not actually queuing up down Penistone road are they.  We need someone who's going to stabilise the club, get them to a position where they're bordering on a playoff position......maybe even get promotion.  It probably wont be pretty football but will certainly attract a more "classier" managers attention for the future.

Whether top managers or not we don't know, but by DC's own admission managers are queing up.

I really do not see the rationale for bringing in a manager when everyone almost universally accepts that manager will need to be replaced in a few months at the end of the season with a 'better', 'classier', ''long term' manager. 

We have 35 games to go, only one win from safety, we are not that desperate.

What people are accepting in Pulis is the most god awful football you've ever seen, a thousand times more negative that the manager we've just binned for being negative and one who we're going to have to pay twice as much for. We are talking Bruce level wages.

If he's given a transfer window, what do you think the new classier manager is going to do with cloggers he will bring in?

He's not needed in the short term and not the answer long term, in short the wrong appointment. If this goes ahead, Wednesday will once again snatch defeat from the jaws of victory and pass over opportunity to advance the club. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I can see the sense of brining in a very experienced manager to steer us away from relegation, but support wouldn't have been the word I'd have  chosen.  

Would like to think DC would get an up and coming manager with a couple of decent entries on their CV for next season.

If Pulis gets us to the edge of the plays off or hovering around that area, would DC and more fans be inclined to keep him on?  

Does anyone actually want Pulis then?

A few are prepared to tolerate him for the  perceived greater good, hardly a ringing endorsement, don't recall his name on top of anyone's wish list. If that's the case then there is an argument that  those fans lose the moral right to moan about the turgid football this club is about to be embarrassed by. 

Appointing Pulis is like deliberately punching yourself in the face every morning because it helps you wake up. Yes, it can be effective but not necessary, there are much better options

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Ridiculous that this "story" (as its nothing more) divides the fan base straight down the middle.

Whilst I've never been a fan of his style  he has improved every club he's managed and no club hes managed has ever been relegated.

If there's any substance in this and he's here for the rest of the season then I'd take that.

• Like 2

So what I am hearing is even if Pulis is successful i.e keeps us up most will want him gone anyway. What if by some miracle he does far better than expected and gets us near the play-offs would you still not want him to stay on? Pulis 100% is not my ideal pick however if he is to come in and get results and does perform a miracle and gets us near the play offs then surely he would deserve a crack the following season wouldn't he?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

Ridiculous that this "story" (as its nothing more) divides the fan base straight down the middle.

Whilst I've never been a fan of his style  he has improved every club he's managed and no club hes managed has ever been relegated.

If there's any substance in this and he's here for the rest of the season then I'd take that.

I'm not sure it will split the fan base ,at the moment everyone are just expressing their opinions .

If he does get appointed 99% will want him to win every game .

I also think that should he do well and we can actually see a solid way of playing ,not many will be wanting him to move on at the end of the season

I want/wanted Pearson by the way 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

He's been sacked a couple of times before potential relegation. He's a funny character - good charity worker who likes a bit of wonga himself. And that relegation thing - we know how good we are at ending runs like that.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, swfc-dan said:

Sort of what I thought too. Though I hope to god he prefers Luongo to Pessy in that holding role. Other spot has to be Bannan but can he be disciplined enough?

Should we expect 2 strikers, with Marriott playing off Patterson, or will Patterson be ploughing a lone furrow?

His four central players have to be disciplined - they make up the cage in the middle of the pitch. He will not want players who fall out of position and expose the centre of the pitch. It’s normally a case of defending very narrow and allowing crosses which would be meat and drink for his centre halves.

He has forward options at his disposal and he needs to win games so I could very much see the two up top. The alternative is that he uses Brown as the support player but in a deeper role.

Rondon played a very lone furrow for us during Pulis tenure. I could see Pulis doing the same.

Rondon, Jones, Fuller, Hugill - they follow a familiar pattern.

If you want to know the styles and players he prefers, then his transfer history is pretty telling: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tony-pulis/spielertransfers/trainer/617/plus/0/galerie/0?station_id=40191

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Still find it crazy that Chansiri said he didn’t like Bruce’s style of play and decides to appoint Pulis. Talk about contradicting himself. 

I'm not sure DC meant by the comment about not liking Bruce's style though. His whole response on that issue didn't really make much sense anyway even before this interest in Pulis now.

• Like 1

Perhaps Chansiri made the Bruce comment about not liking his style to make the point he still was successful, albeit in a limited period  of time. 

He can then attempt to justify Pulis by saying I didn't like Bruce's style but he did well. 

We all know of course that Bruce and Pulis have completely different styles but it gives him a reason publicly.

All I'd say is that if it happens and he wins his first 3 games then take the temerature among fans. As another poster said, you can't divorce your football club. My bro said he's never going to watch Wednesday again. 

I don't believe him; he's just in a strop. Mind, he has some pretty ‘massive’ strops.