GARRY MONK POST MATCH COMMENTS

Guest LondonOwl313
6 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

So you think that the miss from Kachunga wasn't a high quality chance...I scored one from that position at that end when I was a 48 ffs all he had to do was sidefoot it into the bottom corner 

Yeah it was a good chance.. but we don’t create enough of them. We’ve scored 1 in 10 apart from penalties and own goals. Teams that are set up right tactically just don’t do that. Even Utd have scored two in their last 3 and they’re playing teams in the champions league 

Just now, swfc1983 said:

If only them Millwall defenders had put the ball in their own net or given us a penalty we’d have won that.

Precisely, it shouldn't be about the ball randomly dropping for us, it's about us creating our own opportunity via a pattern of play.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

It is but we're not going the change the team before January...as long as we can keep clean sheets we give ourselves a chance

The problem is we can’t score against anyone and as better teams have shown, many will score against us so it’s a very slim chance. Kept a clean sheet more by luck than judgement today. It’s a point I guess when all’s said and done but Monk needs to go and take his woeful signings with him.

Our forwards have crap movement. 
the times Bannan today was hanging on to ball waiting for someone to,make that move but nothing so had pass short. 
the times we passed across back line cos no one was moving. So Bannan again had come collect. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Yeah it was a good chance.. but we don’t create enough of them. We’ve scored 1 in 10 apart from penalties and own goals. Teams that are set up right tactically just don’t do that. Even Utd have scored two in their last 3 and they’re playing teams in the champions league 

I agree we don't create enough of them, but when Millwall sit back and rely on the counter attack like they always do away from home it isn't as easy

as some of the masterminds think it is. Kachungas was as clear cut chance as you can get. It was an excellent save from Reach's effort, oh and Patterson nearly scored with the late header. Having restricted Millwall to no shots on target in the 2nd half, one of those three would have been enough.

I am only trying to add a bit of balance to the hysterical rhetoric 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bdmfournil said:

I agree we don't create enough of them, but when Millwall sit back and rely on the counter attack like they always do away from home it isn't as easy

as some of the masterminds think it is. Kachungas was as clear cut chance as you can get. It was an excellent save from Reach's effort, oh and Patterson nearly scored with the late header. Having restricted Millwall to no shots on target in the 2nd half, one of those three would have been enough.

It may be considered that if it was a single performance, sadly it's half a year or more of this abysmal, turgid negative football on offer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bdmfournil said:

If Millwall are sitting back why not change tactics to suit that style of play? Why are we so one dimensional that we cannot change to impact a game?
Stats don’t lie we are poor in the final third and especially at home it’s up to us to take the game to the opponent that’s sitting deep. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bdmfournil said:

Christ anybody would think we got thrashed. Kachunga should have scored, a very good save from Reach, and for a spell in the second half

we were totally dominant. I suppose those parts were down to somebody other than Monk ffs

I'm glad somebody told it like it is.

FFS, why do people demand that we demolish our opponents every game with a squad that was pulled together with cash Chansiri recovered from the back of his sofa. We're short of quality and our season is going to be about grinding out points in ugly games.

We got a point against a side with play-off aspirations today. We're off the bottom, with positive points and 2 points from being out of the bottom three. How about taking some positives.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, swfc1983 said:

If Millwall are sitting back why not change tactics to suit that style of play? Why are we so one dimensional that we cannot change to impact a game?
Stats don’t lie we are poor in the final third and especially at home it’s up to us to take the game to the opponent that’s sitting deep. 

This........

1 minute ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

FFS, why do people demand that we demolish our opponents every game with a squad that was pulled together with cash Chansiri recovered from the back of his sofa. We're short of quality and our season is going to be about grinding out points in ugly games.

We got a point against a side with play-off aspirations today. We're off the bottom, with positive points and 2 points from being out of the bottom three. How about taking some positives.

Hallelujah  may all your roastings be successful

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Let’s forget the points deduction for a moment as that’s not Monk’s fault. Without it we’d be 21st. That’s just not good enough. Then you add in the fact that we had relegation form over the last 23 games of last season and it’s unsurprising most fans have had enough and want a change.

the way we play, every 5 games we’re going to have one win like the other night, then a couple of draws here and there where we don’t concede goals early, then another couple of games where we’re soundly beaten. It’s basically the sort of form that will achieve 40 odd points because there’s not enough goal threat and we’re totally incapable of stringing wins together as the odds are against us with these tactics.

in summary it’s just not good enough and people should stop pretending otherwise unless they’re happy to accept relegation. The points deduction obviously makes the odds of that more likely