GARRY MONK POST MATCH COMMENTS

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We have kept another clean sheet and dominated the game.

How we didn’t score? We just need things to go for us.

It is not quite dropping for us.

If we keep performing like that and creating chances, things will go for us.

We set a target of a minimum of four points from this week.

It has been a positive week with the six points back.

We will keep going. There is a good belief and spirit about the players.

There is real disbelief that we didn’t win the game.

We did exactly what we wanted to defensively. We created really good chances.

It’s one of those things where things are not coming from us. We will keep working on it.

We had two glorious chances in the first half.

They are a tough team.

I felt we dominated the second half. I don’t think Joe had a save to make.

We just needed one of those chances to go for us.

I don’t know how we haven’t scored one or two today.

We will keep working.

We have got 10 points back over the course of these two games.

We know it should have been six from the last two games.

We are off the bottom. The confidence is there and the two performances have been good.

We have put ourselves in positions to score goals. We only need one or two of them to go in and we will start to score goals.

We want to take more chances and be more ruthless but we have to keep working. I don’t think there is a confidence shortage.

We are off the bottom of the league and we should feel positive about that.

I’m sure it will turn (in front of goal).

No one is happy with the situation and where we are in the league.

That has been out of our hands.

Apart from a very poor week, we have been very good.

There is slight disappointment in the changing room that we didn’t take three points today.

16a42b3459a95279-.gif.ddc74053da669c0b7c92afb1374bfe78.gif

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

We set a target of a minimum of four points from this week.

What was the target in the previous 2 weeks Garry, in which you led us to ZERO points from 4 games?

I wonder if we were targeting more than 12 points from 11 games by this stage of the season? I suspect we were, in which case Monk continues to fail.

Shouldn't we have a target of 6 points from 2 home games, regardless of thew opposition.

So we go into today's game with 3 points of the 4, what's the incentive to beat Millwall when a draw achieves the target.

Mental

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I’m starting to build a hatred for this man and his pathological lying 

Not the only one mate 

It's easy to see why very few people actually like him in football 

The guy is a fraud 

• Like 1

I think you’ve got the team into a good position Monk. 2nd from bottom is better than I expected.

I’m sure it’s all going to click into place soon.

First, you’ll find a formation that actually works.

Then you’ll select a side capable of winning regularly.

Then we’ll start banging in goals.

All the evidence is there. I’m in, you’ve convinced me we’re just unlucky. How I didn’t realise this before I’ll never know.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We created really good opportunities. The only thing we lacked is that final bit.

We have got a response from the players. We will keep working.

That last bit will go in. We are more than good enough to win games and we will continue with that.

The only thing we lack is that very thing which this sport is all about.

5 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

I think we can stay up with monk in charge but it will only be 4th bottom and the games will make our eyes bleed.  

Basically we need to be given penalties to win matches 

Monk's points per game last season, and this around 1.10 Adjusted for the deduction, this year suggests a 44 point finish.

Without the deductions, we'd be 21st.

There seems a disconnect with DC's aims and that of the manager. The best we can hope for under Monk is 4th bottom and even then will need an upturn in form. 

Edited by striker
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, edmontonowl said:

Shouldn't we have a target of 6 points from 2 home games, regardless of thew opposition.

So we go into today's game with 3 points of the 4, what's the incentive to beat Millwall when a draw achieves the target.

Mental

Fair points, I suppose its all soundbites and trying to take the positives but as you say, we should be looking to go out and win every game at home. We took 3 points from the better opposition so if the target was 4 points we should have been looking to better the target, not now making out we are happy to have achieved it.

As I say, the overall target at this stage must have been to have more than 12 points from 11 matches and while we are behind on what would have been expected every game is a chance to claw the overall target back and today was another opportunity missed. 

This man is deluded....

Trying to create a siege mentality, us against the world, scrapping every game for 3 points, then coming out and saying we targeted 4 points from this week🤯

Whether or not you believe you can do it you have to aim for 3 points every game, what kind of message is it sending to the players, we will settle for 4 points.

Luton Rotherham and Wycombe i wonder how many points he asked for?

Strikers ain't scoring, honestly we could have Messi and we'd find a way to stop him scoring, you have to look at the bigger picture, starting with the formation.

Square pegs in round holes, Left wingback today we have Penney and Reach available, he opts to play a right footed player there instead.

ZERO BALANCE to the team, you want the wing-back up and down delivering crosses into the box, so we put them on their weaker foot to do this? it makes no sense whatsoever.

We don't have the players to play the formation.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

*shakes head*

*backs away from the post*

More possession, more shots, more on target...it's  not the tactics...remember millwall were one point off the playoffs...who do you think should be putting these chances away ?

Edited by daveyboy66

Just now, daveyboy66 said:

More possession, more shots, more on target...it's  not the tactics...remember millwall were one point off the playoffs...who do you think should be putting these chances zway ?

*shouts him from further away*

I WALKED AWAY FROM YOUR POST MATE!!!

*carries on walking away*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop