GARRY MONK POST MATCH COMMENTS

4 minutes ago, bdmfournil said:

Just out of interest what different tactics would anybody deploy when Millwall spent the majority of the game with

8/9 men behind the ball

Agree with that, Millwall have kept 10 clean sheets out of their last 14 away games. It's how they play.

• Like 2

Our chances rely on the fitness for the rest of the season of Iorfa Bannan and Luongo. If we are lucky enough for them to stay fit we may stay up.

I would say Brown but he looks like he is carrying a permanent injury  to me.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I'm glad somebody told it like it is.

FFS, why do people demand that we demolish our opponents every game with a squad that was pulled together with cash Chansiri recovered from the back of his sofa. We're short of quality and our season is going to be about grinding out points in ugly games.

We got a point against a side with play-off aspirations today. We're off the bottom, with positive points and 2 points from being out of the bottom three. How about taking some positives.

image.gif.3a67b34b3a2608972743e1484ea032e4.gif

39 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Yeah it was a good chance.. but we don’t create enough of them. We’ve scored 1 in 10 apart from penalties and own goals. Teams that are set up right tactically just don’t do that. Even Utd have scored two in their last 3 and they’re playing teams in the champions league 

And we didn’t even create Kachungas chance. Three passers from Millwall players gave Kachunga chance at a 50/50 tackle which he won. The ball broke for him and he got a shot away. The truth is we didn’t create a single clear cut chance at home against limited opposition 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

We have kept another clean sheet and dominated the game.

How we didn’t score? We just need things to go for us.

It is not quite dropping for us.

If we keep performing like that and creating chances, things will go for us.

We set a target of a minimum of four points from this week.

It has been a positive week with the six points back.

We will keep going. There is a good belief and spirit about the players.

There is real disbelief that we didn’t win the game.

We did exactly what we wanted to defensively. We created really good chances.

It’s one of those things where things are not coming from us. We will keep working on it.

We had two glorious chances in the first half.

They are a tough team.

I felt we dominated the second half. I don’t think Joe had a save to make.

We just needed one of those chances to go for us.

I don’t know how we haven’t scored one or two today.

We will keep working.

We have got 10 points back over the course of these two games.

We know it should have been six from the last two games.

We are off the bottom. The confidence is there and the two performances have been good.

We have put ourselves in positions to score goals. We only need one or two of them to go in and we will start to score goals.

We want to take more chances and be more ruthless but we have to keep working. I don’t think there is a confidence shortage.

We are off the bottom of the league and we should feel positive about that.

I’m sure it will turn (in front of goal).

No one is happy with the situation and where we are in the league.

That has been out of our hands.

Apart from a very poor week, we have been very good.

There is slight disappointment in the changing room that we didn’t take three points today.

The players have responded very well. We have shown a response in these two games.

We have kept two clean sheets. Defensively we are much sounder.

We dominated the game today, especially in the second half.

We know we should be sitting here with six points but we are off the bottom of the league and we are moving in the right direction.

I really can’t criticise the last two performances. We showed that commitment and fight. We just missed that ruthless finishing.

We created really good opportunities. The only thing we lacked is that final bit.

We have got a response from the players. We will keep working.

That last bit will go in. We are more than good enough to win games and we will continue with that.

I am very hopeful that we will be at full strength after the international break.

You can see the spirit and togetherness in the group.

It has been a tough week but one I feel proud of.

We are taking it one game at a time. We are trying to claw points back on the teams above us.

We will get the group together and keep working and moving up the league.

We work with them every day on finishing and different situations.

I honestly think he has become emboldened by his own bullshitting that he is in full Walter Mitty mode now. Set ourselves a target of four points this week. Wonder what your target was for the previous three games. Bloke is an utter fraud. Bet he has the get treatment after biting his lip so hard trying not to laugh at his own warped sense of reality.

• Love 1

You know, for weeks now the post match stuff from Monk has been same old same old, I assume he isn't listening to what he is saying. Forget the deduction we are near the bottom of a weak league! There is only so many times you can say the same thing before it becomes pathetic..we've reached that point.

WE ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH

8 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

I honestly think he has become emboldened by his own bullshitting that he is in full Walter Mitty mode now. Set ourselves a target of four points this week. Wonder what your target was for the previous three games. Bloke is an utter fraud. Bet he has the get treatment after biting his lip so hard trying not to laugh at his own warped sense of reality.

Actually embarrassing listening to his spiel now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

I honestly think he has become emboldened by his own bullshitting that he is in full Walter Mitty mode now. Set ourselves a target of four points this week.  

Have to admit I did laugh when I read that bit

Straight after we got 4 points for the week

lol

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I am very hopeful that we will be at full strength after the international break.

You can see the spirit and togetherness in the group.

It has been a tough week but one I feel proud of.

I'm very hopeful Monk won't be here after the International break