It is time

Correct 

Anyone who has an ounce of passion and go in them step forward and take it on 

His post match comments are enough to bore me to sleep Monk - god knows what his training and pre match talks are like. Get him sacked off - totally and utterly non inspiring, as bad if not worse than Jos.

• Like 7

I'm afraid that was the limit for me..Nope I have no idea who the next manager should be...look at the bloody state of us...look what an attraction we are?

Nobody in their right minds is gonna risk a reputaton with the shambles..So its got to be someone out of the blue, as desperate as we are....

Jeremy Corbyn?

• Haha 7

13 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I have tried to be reasonable. 

We're in an unprecedented situation:

-12 points.

A staggering wage bill which needed slashing. 

A money mismanagement situation meaning we're back to signing other teams cast-offs.

A manager who had been working on his own for most of his spell here.

A seemingly never ended run of injuries which seem to have haunted us for the past 5 years regardless of who the manager was.

I try to legislate for that when I'm angry. To reason with myself and not let emotion get the better of me.

I tell myself that Steve Bruce just the other year stated it would take a minimum of 4 windows and that our manager has had one window.

I tell myself that teams don't click straight away. Sometimes it can be a process of time before a team gels. Like any work places when people move to a new town a new city. Have new colleagues and managers.

I tell myself that even playing at our very, very best this squad is a mid table championship team. Being built with players from other mid table Championship teams.

I tell myself that without the -12 deduction I'd have considered a 12th placed finished a good return.

I tell myself that with the -12 deduction then one place above the drop zone would be a good result.

Before I fly off the handle I remind myself of things.

Remind myself that this is the market we're shopping in.

Remind myself that sacking people costs money we don't have.

Remind myself that in football, anything can happen.

Remind myself we're in an absolute mess of epic proportions. Much of which has nothing to do with the manager.

However.

The same thing is true of many clubs in the division. In the League.

What we have to do is make the best of what we've got. Aye, even if that does mean getting the best out of this group, of Rhodes, and Pelupessy, and Marriot and Harris.

We don't have much choice.

And we're simply not doing that.

For all that is wrong the one thing that is no different here than it is at Barcelona or Bayern Munich, or Hallam FC and Club.

Players can be brought to the best of their potential (whatever that level is) and we simply aren't doing that. 

I thank Monk. I do. For he's had, in many ways a thankless task. 

But modern management seems to be about clip boards and and drills.

And I think we lover look that we're dealing with human beings. 

I want a change. I want someone who might not be a great tactical innovator. Who might not have badges coming out of his ears. Who probably has never won a cup but someone who has that ingredient so badly overlooked in football. The ability to judge characters, and get the best out of them. And yes, get the best out of this limited group, because these are the players we've got. I'm not going to moan about them. They're ours.

But they can do better. Even the whipping boys. The ones who look shorn of confidence. They can do better with the right man. The right motivation.

I didn't want Garry Monk to start with. Said he was a spiv I didn't want. 

It was a cheap line. 

But once he was here I got behind him. Backed him to the hilt. 

Have continued to. Until you've been in there the pressure cannot be known to the outside.

But it's time for a changes.

Because as bad as the situation is.

As average as the squad maybe.

They are capable of much more than we have seen of late and we need someone to ignite that.

This is no knee jerk reaction. 

It's time for a change.

It's time for a change to save this season.

Act now Wednesday.

Act now before it's too late.

We need a leader of men who the players would die for.

Enter Nigel Pearson with remit to run the football from top to bottom 

Edited by the monk
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Paul Cook has never finished any higher than Mid Table 

Ever 

Apart from the years he got promoted you mean with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan? Also got Chesterfield to the League 1 playoffs.

If you mean the Championship, then he's had what, 2 years in the Championship? With Wigan. I think thats a good achievement. Always overachieved wherever he has been. Would be a very good appointment

• Like 4
  • Love 1